Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing my first conversion work on a Khorne Lord with Lightning Claws. Being that I just purchased a car (a Night Lords blue car) I am a little short on funds. My friend donated to me a pair of loyalist terminator Lightning Claws. My Lord; however, is wearing power armour. My question is this. Should I cut the claws off at the wrist and glue them on an extra pair of Bezerker or Chaos Marine arms? Or do the terminator arms not look that odd on a Power Armoured model? I don't want him to look like a gorilla and I would have to do some finagling to make my Khorne shoulder armour fit on those big Termi arms.

Thanks for your advice an opinions!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Do you own the Lord model? if so to try scaling just Hold the arm in place and see what you think. Sorry if im seeing this from the wrong point of view, but it seems like you asked a really odd question.

Your trying to find out if 2 parts you own look right together.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I'm asking more for opinion. If you needed a chaos lord with lightning claws and power armout how would you best achieve it? I'm planning to use an aspiring champion torso or maybe a Bezerker torso. Nothing especially large.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
well i have made one lightning claw out of plastic card i took 3 layers of plastic card and used a utility knife cut and sanded down shaped and made 4 claws for it. it took about 2 hours and my fingers were killing me from dealing with a small surface while trying to apply presure on a knife. but it turned out cool looking i had guitar chords to look like exposed power chords. it looked good but never again will i do it. i have a drimmel now so i imagine it could be a quicker process. but yea thats another alternate route if you ont ant to by bits.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Can i see some pics, 5tonsledge? That sounds pretty cool!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts