Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I just started getting into this hobby, more-so in the hobbying side of it to begin with, but eventually working into playing some games. I really had my heart set on painting some Eldar, caus I think they look sweet, but now im having second thoughts about it caus everyone is saying only "veteran players" should feild the eldar and dark eldar. Anyone have any input as to what I should do? I've read up on the rule book alot, and I also find the abilities of the eldar to be very interesting and add alot of variety

:scare:

Thanks

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
well the classic "new" army is the Space Marines, because they have a wide range of hevily armoured/armed units backed up by some powerful HQs and tanks.
also you can paint them pretty much any way you want.

Eldar are more of a veteran army, its true, but that no reason for you not to choose it. you may loose several games while you are still getting to grips with them, but once you work out how to successfuly field and play your army, Eldar can be incredibly powerfull.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
what the hell, if you like the look of eldar, go for it. there's a good chance you'll get the crap beat out of you at first, and probably more so than you would with space marines, but that's just 'cause you have to spend some time learning how the eldar units work together. who knows, you might end up wiping the floor with your opponents straight away :biggrin:

ultimately, when you're just starting, i think it makes the most sense to just go with the army you'll enjoy painting the most, as (at least in my experience) you'll be spending quite a bit of time doing that.......

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
If you like the minis/abilities, go for it. There's no reason why Eldar shouldn't be used by newbs.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I don't think people's tactics should be stunted by taking a forgivable army like marines. Go off the deep end and feild an Eldar army. They take more finess but when used properly can be very powerfull. A good comander can use what ever forces he has availible to maximum effect. Play what most intrests you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts