Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hq: Avatar (prince yeril if im against a high toughness army, like tyrannids)
Farseer (doom,mind war) pts:100
Troops:Gaurdians x10, (Scatter Laser ) pts:95
Gaurdians x10, (Scatter Laser ) pts:95
Dire Avengers x10 pts:120
Elites: Fire Dragons x6 pts:96
Howling Banshees x6 (Exarch with executioner) pts:118
Striking Scorpions x6 (exarch,biteing blade and shadow strike) pts144
Fast Attack:warp Spiders x5 (exarch, extra spineret rifle, withdraw) pts:142
Heavy Support:Dark Reapers x5 pts:175
Wraith Lord (Starcannon, Eldar missle launcher) pts:145
Fire Prisim (Holofield) pts:150

I generaly play very friendly games among friends so were pretty lienient, advice is much appriciated on how i might create a better army list, one of my concers is that too much is spent on the warpspiders....

·
Registered
287 Posts
I see no wave serpents or other means of grav-tank transport. I won't bore you with a wall of text. I will just say that the 1st time you come up against some 'heavy bolter'-esque attention will be the last time you play Eldar on foot. It just doesn't work too well. Trust me. ;)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi :)

I agree with Weirdboyz, you need to get a w/serpant in there. with that many foot soldiers maybe even get two! (this is funny coz i just made a another post telling some one they had too many w/serpants!) lol.

To make up the points for the transports, drop the spiders, you have lots of fun aspect warriors so you should be fine doing that. Drop a guardian squad too. I have never enjoyed playing with lots of guardians, they are just gun food for your oppunant and if your lucky enough to get them up the field they die off pretty quick in CC...

With these points saved I would be really keen to invest in another wraithlord, I have always believed that these guys should not work alone. version 4 rules it was fine but now a days they need a mate or two to go into battle with. obv, keep them close to your farseer (can farseer do the wraithsight thing or must you have a spirit seer? i forget SORRY :-/)

It might be an idea to chop and changed between scorpians and banshee from battle to battle depending on who you are playing... you dont always need them both, but of course its nice to do if you can afford it.

I hope that is useful!

Thanks,
Toby

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
i'd go ahead and drop the Avatar and go with Yriel.

he can at least join units and not be shot at. rethink powers on the Farsee, Doom is good, but Mind War not so much.

beyond that, follow the above advice.

good hunting.

·
Registered
127 Posts
i agree transport is needed, those dragons have such a short range you need to be able to get them close to something before they die.
banshees die on foot, the die anyway but on foot you have no hope. if i'm fielding them they have to go in transport but you could drop them to fill up your squad of scorps.

never fielded spiders so i can't comment there.

also i'd have to say only having one tank means your prism is going to get popped fairly early and i find you need them in pairs as they can be so much more versatile, if it were me i'd either drop the wraithlord for another prism or drop the prism altogether for something else.

if your taking tanks you need stones, as we need the movement.
also give those avengers an exarch with bladestorm especially if you put a farseer with doom/guide with them as they can do allot of damage in a turn that way.

best advise is to give your list go and see how it plays then you'll be able to see how thing survive/die/deal damage on the field.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree with everything abouve, except mind war not being good.

If surgicly used its great. Use it to take the heavy weapons and power gloves etc against units or to take mulitiple wounds from other units. win win

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree with everything abouve, except mind war not being good.

If surgicly used its great. Use it to take the heavy weapons and power gloves etc against units or to take mulitiple wounds from other units. win win
Totaly, using mind war agaisnt the right bad guys can make for some of the most satisfying kills!!:so_happy:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts