Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Deathwing Commissar
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I the only one who is beyond tired of the "READ IT BECAUSE" blurbs under each of Black Library's releases? In what universe is "... we get to see him in action in all his Wolf Lord-ly glory!" considered an enticement to buy something? I had to overcome that attempt at promotion to click buy on Ragnar Blackmane.

Nor is this a one-off. Some other gems include:

"Look out as well for the first appearance of a phrase that will resonate throughout the Horus Heresy... Vulkan Lives."

"The Horus Heresy returns to the Solar System… No, we’re not at that battle quite yet."

"And let’s not forget the massive battle as the Death Guard invade Nocturne…"

"In this story, Primarch Corax must come to terms with his choices ... – assuming he doesn't get blown up, stabbed or turned inside out along the way..."

"... there’s a million tanks!"

It's like this bizarre marketing construct that is priced to adult professionals but framed in terms that their children would appreciate. Speaking for the former of the two groups, anything that sours my suspension of disbelief or the seriousness of the story before I even read it just makes it harder for me to justify paying for the book.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Not sure if always bad or getting worse?

The one for One Bullet was pretty awful too...

"Chaplain Cassius kicks ass and takes names as a newly-promoted Chaplain eager to prove himself amongst a load of veterans who think they know better than him."

·
Registered
409 Posts
Not sure if always bad or getting worse?

The one for One Bullet was pretty awful too...

"Chaplain Cassius kicks ass and takes names as a newly-promoted Chaplain eager to prove himself amongst a load of veterans who think they know better than him."
That sounds like a Steven Segal movie! :laugh:

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
"Vulkan Lives... re-live the rivetting experiances of the Primarch of The Salamanda's as he is shot, stabbed,burnt,electricuted, drowned,blown up, minced, dropped, kicked,sliced, squished, boshed.. and still get up smelling of roses with a slight nose bleed..."

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
It seems the novel has been taken off the BL website. But the one for Dark Hunters: Umbra Sumus was the worst I'd ever seen.

"Your new favourite Space Marine Chapter!"

"All action, all the time."

"The Dark Hunters don’t have all the gear, but you’ll admire their mad ambush skills."

I mean the whole thing is awful, but my god that bit in bold. What were they thinking? Again the novel seems to have vanished, but shit that doesn't change it.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts