Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Day 10! Advent Day Ten - Typhus: Herald Of The Plague Lord!

The Story: A world of perfect faith and matchless purity, Annunciation is one of the holiest planets in the Imperium. Of course, the higher the rise, the further there is to fall. This, Typhus knows well. As one who once fell from grace, he is determined to bring Annunciation to the same fate. And he is determined to do so alone. But what can one Chaos Space Marine do against a world of countless billions of souls?

This would be the 2nd time he's done a story featuring Typhus, perhaps he could make a full lenghed novel about the Death Guard in a close future?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Day 11! Advent Day Eleven - Lysander: The Fist of Dorn

The Story: Darnath Lysander is a man tortured by his past, a past in which the Iron Warriors play a prominent, and unpleasant, role. As the First Captain of the Imperial Fists must choose between the lives of innocents and the death of one of Perturabo’s sons, he recalls a similar incident that haunts him still, and must decide what mistakes are worth repeating.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Uh... Somebody who knows how can do the picture. Heh. This is the first story with Draigo, isn't it? Kinda gutsy, imo. And first-person, too. I enjoyed it for both reasons. Nothing happens, of course. But it's great to see/hear him. Nice mood. Some new insights.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Day 12! Advent Day Twelve - Kaldor Draigo: Knight of Titan!

The Story: A warrior without a war. A wanderer in eternity. A man shaped by destiny, but whose destiny is yet to take shape. Kaldor Draigo is all of this and more. Lost in the infernal other realm of the warp and doomed to battle the forces of Chaos for all time, the warrior who once led the Grey Knights Chapter to war is now a legion of one, with all the daemonic servants of the Ruinous Powers arrayed against him.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Day 13! Advent Day Thirteen - Vulkan He'stan: Forgefather!

The Story: Deep beneath the earth of Nocturne, Vulkan He’stan works. Alone, as is his lot, he forges a blade to aid him in his eternal quest for the primarch Vulkan’s lost artefacts. But when the activity attracts some of the deadly world’s vicious predators, the forgefather must test his steel against them.

Yet another firey fire story about the firey firey Salamanders by the vulcanic Nick Kyme!

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Day 14! Advent Day Fourteen - Helsbrecht: The Crusader

The Story: Newly raised to the rank of High Marshal of the Black Templars, lord of the Eternal Crusade, Helbrecht has led his brethren into the Ghoul Stars, to wage war on worlds where reality itself is in question and the laws of physics do not apply. As they prepare for a final assault on an alien stronghold, Helbrecht lectures his warriors on the rewards that await them, the glory of battle and eternity at the Emperor’s right hand.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Day 15! Advent Day Fifteen - Dante: Lord of the Host!

The Story: The world of Skylos, already wracked by war, is now host to a bizarre and terrifying threat – a threat that the Blood Angels have come to end. The Axe Mortalis in hand, Commander Dante leads a host of Angels into battle against Chaos-tainted chronomancers, sorcerers who use his past, present and future as a weapon against him.

Tomorrow there will apparently be an audio as well! Two things that have struck me is 1) ADB and Dan haven't written anything that has been displayed in the Advent-series so far 2) If all SM-warlords (including those of Traitor Legions) will appear, then we should expect Abaddon to make an appearence. My following questions then is, would you think ADB could make a short about Abaddon for his upcoming Rise of the Warmaster-series? And what story would Dan write about?

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Me: Will you write anything for the Advent-shorts? And will it be about Abaddon?
ADB: Yes. And yes.

It'll be about the clearest preview possible of how The Talon of Horus is written.

This really got me hyped!!!!!

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Just read Crusader.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Just read Crusader.

Reading what the author of the short meant by all of it was really awesome though. Plus, I don't think they can really pack that much good action stuff into a 1K work short story. I would like to see this be a full novel though :D

Author's thoughts here: http://www.blacklibrary.com/Blog/life-and-death-on-the-edge.html

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Guy Haley, based on reading Crusader, definitely has the potential to write a full book on the Crusade to the Ghoul Stars.

With these and the previous 1K stories, I need to see what ADB and Abnett can pull off before judging the whole concept.

If BL's plan is to tease the audience and based on their feedback ask the authors to write an actual book, I'd gladly support the idea but if it isn't, I don't see the point.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Guy Haley, based on reading Crusader, definitely has the potential to write a full book on the Crusade to the Ghoul Stars.

With these and the previous 1K stories, I need to see what ADB and Abnett can pull off before judging the whole concept.

If BL's plan is to tease the audience and based on their feedback ask the authors to write an actual book, I'd gladly support the idea but if it isn't, I don't see the point.
Seems to me it's all about the money....
I would say easy way to milk money, but hopefully kick-starter for upcoming authors.

Day 16! Advent Day Sixteen - Gabriel Seth: The Flesh Tearer!

The Story: Gabriel Seth, Chapter Master of the Flesh Tearers, comes to Baal itself, intent on revenge. His prey resides in the toxic wastelands, a monster beyond imagining that butchered some of Seth’s warriors. As he forces his way into a hidden complex known to just a handful of souls, Seth prepares to face the greatest challenge of his long and blood-soaked life.

This sounds like Blood Angels bezerker Vs. Blood Angel descendant-action.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Day 17! Advent Day Seventeen - Pedro Kantor: The Vengeful Fist!

The Story: It is a year since the greenskins invaded Rynn’s World and the Crimson Fists were brought low. Now, lord of a shattered Chapter, Pedro Kantor has become an administrator, guiding his brethren through the slow process of rebuilding. But Kantor is a vengeful Fist, and misses the joy of battle. As he struggles to reconcile the two, war beckons. Can he resist its lure?

·
Registered
104 Posts
That would be exciting!

But the story just before the current Crimson Fist release looks to be a story about Lucius, and not a story about the Flesh Tearers as it is on the BL website. Could be just a simple change in release plans and still be valid though.

Either way it has my vote, even though I already know it will tell us little to absolutely nothing and still cost me money.

·
Registered
174 Posts

I honestly think that is the case.
They started the "Lords of the Space Marines" series with the LE Mephiston, and it sold really fairly well. We haven't seen anything from that series since then, and I am sure they can make a decent profit off of it, as most love at least some of the big name characters.
Maybe they are trying to see who can write who well, and how popular various characters are before going into another novella(s)/novel(s).

I have liked some of them so far. Others have been kinda meh.

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #39 (Edited)
Woah thats revelling, and I must say GW should really have their companies checked! First the jigsaw was accidentally shown too early and now this. I would imagine that they switched places of the characters. Lucius perhaps will come where the Fleshtearer were supposed to. But then we has Lucius-audio, a Abaddon short and Cypher to look forward to!

Edit: Also so they will feature Bjorn 2 times? Who do you think will write about Lucius?

Day 18! Advent Day Eighteen - Cato Sicarius: Master of the Watch!

The Story: Alone and injured on a dying world, surrounded by a horde of monstrous tyranids, Captain Cato Sicarius of the Ultramarines is determined to bring an end to his inhuman foe, even at the cost of his life. Haunted by past mistakes, Sicarius prepares to meet the Emperor… But the Master of Mankind may have other plans for the Master of the Watch.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Woah thats revelling, and I must say GW should really have their companies checked! First the jigsaw was accidentally shown too early and now this. I would imagine that they switched places of the characters. Lucius perhaps will come where the Fleshtearer were supposed to. But then we has Lucius-audio, a Abaddon short and Cypher to look forward to!

Edit: Also so they will feature Bjorn 2 times? Who do you think will write about Lucius?

Day 18! Advent Day Eighteen - Cato Sicarius: Master of the Watch!

The Story: Alone and injured on a dying world, surrounded by a horde of monstrous tyranids, Captain Cato Sicarius of the Ultramarines is determined to bring an end to his inhuman foe, even at the cost of his life. Haunted by past mistakes, Sicarius prepares to meet the Emperor… But the Master of Mankind may have other plans for the Master of the Watch.
Looking forward to some of these mos def!
Though I was really looking forward to a 40k Lucius story lol.
I doubt they are releasing Bjorn twice, maybe it's another space wolf? Ragnar?

21 - 40 of 72 Posts