Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day Admin team,

Currently the meritorious behaviour in the 'The Rep Due Out Thread' exceeds the maximum Rep in one day amount by rather a lot.

Would you please consider increasing the daily maximum and, potentially, re-incarnating the +1, +2 or +3 Rep option?

If you are concerned about it being abused, perhaps make it an unlockable feature at Veteran status or subscriber status?

Cheers,

Iraqiel

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
Could we also lower the amount of times rep is spread around before we can rep somebody again, as some members are extremely prolific in quantity and quality of their posts and I just love throwing my panties at people!

·
Jeepers
1,354 Posts
Could we also lower the amount of times rep is spread around before we can rep somebody again, as some members are extremely prolific in quantity and quality of their posts and I just love throwing my panties at people!
This pretty much, the member pool isn't what it used to be, we have lots of members but how many of them post with actual regularity. Its becoming harder to give rep because we need to spread it around but there are less people to spread it around to. I want to make an STD joke but cant bring myself to type it.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
On the flip side, why don't we just remove it. Does rep truely add anything to the experience?

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
Does rep truely add anything to the experience?
I dunno. I don't really care about the rep system but it's nice to toss someone some rep when they make a specifically pleasing or helpful post. It's also nice to log in and see someone felt that way about something you posted as well.

That being said I've noticed no deficiencies in the way it currently works, but the way it used to be was a joke.

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
The impression I have gotten is that its not all that changeable. Hence the reason the old system being changed wiped old scores. There is a good chance altering would wipe it again. If we are going to create all the buttsore backlash that did I for one would rather it just be permentally gone.

·
Premium Member
4,376 Posts
On the flip side, why don't we just remove it. Does rep truely add anything to the experience?
I personally agree that to me rep really doesn't seem to add much. It is nice when people do quality stuff to give them a little bump but I think a post telling them that they did good work might mean more. It also might make people post more on the forums if they can't rep someone.

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It also might make people post more on the forums if they can't rep someone
Maybe. Most of the time I do both, but i feel a bit like a broken record just repeating to each person that I like where they are going with their work (damn skillful community...)

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Slippery slopes. One point may not seem enough now, but what about when three seems not enough?

It's a similar principle to facebook, and god I hate making that comparison. One like, one point per person, whatever the post.

If you don't like having to wait to spread rep around, then be more generous and the time will arrive quicker. For example, rep me whenever you need to spread it around more. :grin:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I for one like to have some sort of rep. system. It might me childish but I like to get +rep and hope others feel the same when you +rep something that realy cought you.

If it would go through with another wiping transformation I would like it to be more like the Rating system that almost never is used. Give 1-5 +rep and the reputation is displayed as a mean rating of your collected reputation. I think it would give a better representation of what others realy think of your posting.

Maybe if the +rep dissapeared the Rating System would be used more though and even posting might go up.

My three cents on the matter.

·
Closet Dictator
3,435 Posts
I think rep for what you consider good work/posts should be kept. Usually comments and critisism is wrapped up in the first few posts, so rather than repeating what others have said you can throw a cookie. The butthurt of the old system I think was caused because of the removal of "rep power" and the ability to bestow large rep on others making some people feel important or that their opinion was better due to the amount of rep they could dish out.

If everybody gets reset to zero because of a system change then so be it, but I think we should keep some sort of system to show appreciation in lieu of writting a post, if you are worried about it becoming a status thing, take it off peoples avatar so it is only on your personal profile

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Personally I think it's much better now it's a-point-a-go. The old system was beyond fucking ridiculous.....

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Then I think we need to encourage people to get onto the rep due out thread more, it's really stacking up and no one person can bring it down!

·
Premium Member
2,422 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,563 Posts
1 - 20 of 23 Posts