Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I've seen a lot of various titles used for higher ranking AdMech characters, and I'm not sure how they all fit into a hierarchy. For example, I've seen characters called adepts, which doesn't sound like a lofty position, but they run whole cities (or have no noticeable authority). Then, some are titled magos, but that seems to be pretty common. The codices also have the tech priest dominus, which sounds more authoritative than it is, it seems. Is there any clear delineation of what titles are subordinate to others? Or what authorities come with each? I want to write a back story for my Forge world, but I want to avoid misusing titles. Attached is the hierarchy from the book, which has (I think) every title I'm aware of all lumped together.

Attachments

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
I think its kind of a odd hierarchy, adept is anyone skilled in the art of technology but depending on their social or backing by others can be a higher ranked member.

So unlike a standard millitary hierarchy where there is a chain of comand. The adeptus mechanicus goes from the fabricator general (normally running planet or sector), to lower level tech preists. Between those two its a shambled mess.

As far as i thought sevitor>skitari>guardsmen>adepts>magos> something>something>general.

Hope that helps a bit. But id does seem to be a shambled mess really. Sorry about that.

Also thats a thumbnail very difficult to read in its own.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts