Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Something I came to wonder about..

The imperial cult is well established as having a rich history of miracles derived from absolute faith in the Emperor. Most notably displayed in the Sisters of Battle. and the common belief 'The Emperor protects'

But what about the mechanicus? Do they have any sublime techno-zealots to display faithwise, or is the Emperor sponging off on their faith due to their ancient conflabaration of the Emperor as the Omnisiah?
Sure one could think that their penchant for weakening their humanity and soulsparks by replacing bits of themselves with metal would likewise diminish the value of their faith. But surely the wast amounts of minor augmented menials on a forge world, indoctrinated into the cult, would give off ample amounts of normal grade human faith-ions into the warp. But what, or who collects them?

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
I'm not really sure if the faith thing directly translates into power for the Emperor. I mean, the Emperor didn't exactly try to sell his divinity during the Great Crusade (going as far as quashing Logar's attempts).

It's one thing to say the Emperor uses his power to assist his servants and another to say the Emperor's power is derived from his faithful.

But assuming he does, I'd guess the power would go to him. Or maybe Tzeentch and his desire for perfection and knowledge.

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
I'm not really sure if the faith thing directly translates into power for the Emperor. I mean, the Emperor didn't exactly try to sell his divinity during the Great Crusade (going as far as quashing Logar's attempts).

It's one thing to say the Emperor uses his power to assist his servants and another to say the Emperor's power is derived from his faithful.

But assuming he does, I'd guess the power would go to him. Or maybe Tzeentch and his desire for perfection and knowledge.
That is true, but there is an exception the Ad mech was allowed to worship him, it was in their treaty with Imperium, that they could worship without interference (HH Mechanicum). There is also a neutral region of the warp that produces most of the demon engines, soul grinders, Daemon 7th ed.

·
Super Moderator
10,978 Posts
Emotion feeds Chaos. If they pray with hope, then Tzeentch. If they pray with fiery passion and rage, probably Khorne. And so on.

Faith is not a tool to strengthen the Emperor, or else I doubt he's need a thousand souls each day to keep his Astronimicon powered.

All faith really does is provide false hope for the citizens and soldiers of the Imperium that they can prevail. Or that even if they die, they'll stand beside him in the next life. Also worth noting is that daemons flourish in fear, so things like courage and faith tend to make them that little bit less of a threat.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
I would be far from surprised if the faith of a tech-priest can have an effect similar to the Waaagh!!! Pieces of technology may function when they shouldn't simply because the admech's believe they should.
I'm pretty sure most of the reason for the whole techo faith thing is that someone realized that if the instructions were worded to look like a religious text the odds of them getting lost would be lowered.

There's a Iron warrior book where a melta torpedo icbm thing fired due to the guy saying fire curse you fire.

Since we never heard the real chant what should we believe? that there's some complex chant or the firing trigger is saying fire.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts