Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah I know they can end up a lot like daemon hunters (they even look a bit like them) but I thought they were interesting and thought I shallt do it.

The Adeptus Custodes are the bodyguards of the Emperor. Although their genetic enhancements are different to the genetic enhancements of marines they are still quite similar. Although the Custodes were among the first modified warriors to be created by the Emperor, they were never intended to be part of a conquering army; such a role was to be filled by the latter Astartes armies. Each Custodian is trained to a high level and they are taller and also stronger then a normal marine.

The reason upon the Adeptus Custodes having left the palace to fight I have not decided yet. But in any battle you can say simply that the army (whoever your fighting) has invaded Terra.

This is the outline of the army, rules and more to be added.

HQ
Mikaelor Cobernus, Shield Captain of the Legio Custodes

Chief Custodian Constantin Valdor, commander of the Legio Custodes during the Great Crusade

Haedo Manro, commander of the invisibles, an detachment not created by the Emperor but utilised by him.

Captain, a regular custodes captain, still stronger and better trained then an marine captain.

Varas Karpus, rides a jetbike and is well trained to use it.

Elite:

The Invisibles - Originally created to defend a false emperor after the planet was conquered the ones left pledged allegiance to the real Emperor.

Custodes Terminators - Like Adeptus Astartes terminators but better trained and more options of equipment.

Sagittarius Dreadnought - Sagittarius has a large dreadnought weapon and Twinlinked autocannon, he armoured more then the regular dreadnought.

Leo Dreadnought - A large dreadnought that is well armoured. Having two dreadnought close combat weapons he is the one made for combat. He has rules like an ironclad.

Scorpio Dreadnought - The Scorpio Dreadnought has two Seismic hammers and on the top of him is a Twin linked autocannon.

--NOTE-- All dreadnoughts are special characters for all intent and purposes. You cannot take more then one of the same dreadnought due to only being 3 in the whole of the custodes. Also all of the dreadnoughts have rules of ironclad and venerables combined. --/NOTE--

TROOP

Custodian Guard - standard Custodians, come in squads of 5 and wear artificer armour. Can be upgraded to have Eagles Flame (a special flamethrower)

Custodian snipers - Each Custodian is trained in the arts of assassination while not as good as an vindicare or the likes they are still good with a sniper rifle. The Custodian Snipers are the 5 or so guards given sniper rifles instead of their normal weapons.

Fast Attack
Custodian Jetbikers - These jetbikes are the last left in the Imperium and are well used by the custodians. (there is a limit on how many you can take).

(needs more)

Heavy Support
Custodian flamers - a squad of 5. Each armed with an eagle flamer and Artificer armour.

(needs more)

OK so there are no tanks in the army, and there are still more to add to the fast attack, Heavy support and HQ part. Hope you like it so far.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Keep in mind that the Fortress has a ridiculous number of defensive weapon emplacements. But GJ so far!

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
Their's a really good dual army of Custodes+Sisters of Silence in the fairly old O&G WD that is really well converted, maybe if you could find them on the interweb then you could convert some yourself.

Midnight

·
Registered
82 Posts
How about for another Fast Attack choice you could have Assault Guardians (essentially jump pack Custodes)

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@Boz, thats a good point and if you have scenery to make a fortress they could be defending it, but not a big fan of fixed turrets.

@Midnight sun, sounds good I'll have a look for that!

@Ragnar02, awesome, but a bit like assault marines? =S Still will include them lol, will add them in a bit.

@Vaz, yeah I'll have a look for your thread in bit. And yes, Custodian snipers, since they are all trained as assassins, they would know how to use snipers... I think..

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
@Vaz, yeah I'll have a look for your thread in bit. And yes, Custodian snipers, since they are all trained as assassins, they would know how to use snipers... I think..
Woah! My bullshit meter just went crazy...

They're bodyguards not assassins, other than the ability to kill that's pretty much the only connection between the 2 roles.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The training of the Custodes also differed immensely from the Astartes, being Bodyguards rather than Soldiers. It is clear from their Blood Games that Custodians are trained in the arts of assassination -both improvised and advanced- in order to counter possible assassination attempts to the Emperor. It is common for several Custodians to be on detached duty for these Blood Games so that the organisation remains vigilant against developing threats.
Thats taken from Lexicanum on this link - http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Adeptus_Custodes

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Assassination is not always the case of Sniping. Bombs, Snatch and Grabs, Headhunting and the like is more often a form of assassination than sitting back miles aways popping off shots. And almost certainly, they won't be in squads to do that. Space Marine Scouts use Snipers to pin down squads and target commanders.

Custodes are so well trained in the use of their Guardian Spears that they are unlikely to use anything other than that.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hmm true, but I believe it will add one of the few long range elements an army will have (almost everything else being melee) I meen look at orks, they are mainly melee but even they have long range things (loota's)

·
Premium Member
12,830 Posts
Because Loota'z are historically that way? bands of Deathskulls go around robbing weaponry (or maybe Bloodaxes using weaponry from the Imperials they fight for).

bands of Snipers acting as a Special Weapon Support Team hiding in terrain picking off commanders doesn't some how fit in with the massed battle ethos that a Custode would have. They'd only be commited to the toughest fights, and as such would need to be deployed where it would count.

Having just 5 of them sitting back peppering shots would not be effective, or efficient use of them.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 14 of 14 Posts