Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
I'm always underwhelmed by the number of kills from bolters. I think in general flamers are good as long as you have other things in your army list. I mostly took them on the troop squads in 6th to help protect them from getting charged.

I like the dominions with melta, exorcists, priests if they could be put with something worthwhile in assault and that might be just about it.

It will be interesting here in less than a year when all armies except Adepta Sororitas have fresh new codex and some new models/units, what will actually happen to Adepta Sororitas? A rumor has them getting stuff, but the source hasn't really been reliable in the past.

The biggest thing is to have fun and try to avoid playing with the wankers.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Frankly, if any other codex got the Adepta Sororitas digital codex treatment there could even be riots in the streets. Ask any Blood Angel player if they would be happy with their current digital "codex" as their updated 7th edition codex (and that is much better in almost every way to what Adepta Sororitas have now). People do much complaining of nerfing of units/codex that are released and basically any AS player would be happy to have models with those rules and different units to choose from in a FoC slot.

Half a digital codex doesn't = a full codex. Rumors have said much of getting rid of all old softcover codex for the new releases of hard cover. This is all great, except I get a bad feeling due to the Adepta Sororitas not having a "soft cover" codex at all so are they going to even get updated? or are they considered a total niche army like Legion of the Damned, Inquisition, or Imperial Knights and to be left as they are for the foreseeable future?

I am not trying to be overly negative, but then again GW doesn't really tell us what is going on so to expect anything beyond what you already have is wishing and not going to live up to your expectations. GW has been great lately on updating editions and codex for many armies (at least a B+ grade), but that doesn't mean they did a good job on AS codex or that you should expect them to change it. Most of the meaning I had in there before was wondering if they are updating (and what changes/models) they are going to be doing with things like Necrons, DE, Blood Angels, etc. and if/how that would relate to Adepta Sororitas. I am sure if they ever make new models for them they will give them a new codex, even if it effectively just adds the new units.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts