Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen a lot of tournament results lately and a lot of teams at the top have Inquisition allies. What makes them so effective? I'm looking to add Coteaz and maybe a Hereticus to my IG to see what all the buzz is about for myself. What have been your experiences? Getting to Ignore Cover with a heavy weapon team could be pretty amazing if I rolled Perfect Timing. What should I be crossing my fingers to roll on the power charts besides that?

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
In general, for what he does/is, Coteaz is probably one of the strongest HQs in the game. Just having him is usually worth the detachment, plus he makes his henchmen scoring, which means your warlord can remain in IG if you want. You can add Chimeras if you need more mobile tanks, and give them Heavy Bolters w/ psyammo, which make them better than Multilasers. Or you can give the henchmen Valkyries or even Land Raiders, something Ig don't usually get.

Honestly, the biggest thing most do is run cheap Inquisitors just to drop some Servo Skulls and stop the infiltrate/deep strike game.

·
Rattlehead
6,741 Posts
1. Servo-Skulls to prevent Scouts and make your Blasts more accurate
2. Liber Heresius to give your Combined Squad Scouts and activate Hatred/Counter-Attack/whatever as and when it's needed
3. Give Combined Squads LD10 Stubborn
4. Giving the Combined Squad re-rolls to Hit or a 4++ through Divination
5. Getting a competent melee character nee another Power Axe for the Blob.

Inquisitors are made to go with a huge blob of Guardsmen.

·
Registered
6,323 Posts
hahaha you've a fair point! I could have a few more applications for Terminator armoured Inquisitors in my SM lists were they able though.

In a blob behind an ADL it's also nice having him at BS4 firing the gun emplacement.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts