Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. So I am fairly new to warhammer 40K and this is my first attempt at a list with allies. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Skitarii

- 9x Skitarii Vanguard [3x Plasma Caliver, Omnispex]
--1x Vanguard Alpha
--Cost: 200pts

- 9x Skitarii Vanguard [3x Arc Rifle, Omnispex]
--1x Vanguard Alpha
--Cost: 155pts

- 9x Skitarii Rangers [3x Transuranic Arquebus, Omnispex]
--1x Ranger Alpha
--Cost: 205pts

- 2x Onager Dunecrawler [Icarus Array]
--Cost: 250pts

Allied Cult Mechanicus

- Tech-Priest Dominus [Eradication Ray, The Scryerskull Perspicatus]
--Cost: 145pts

- 3x Kataphron Breachers
--Cost: 150pts

- 3x Kataphron Destroyers
--Cost: 165pts

Allied Space Marines

- Librarian [Force Sword, Melta bombs, Mastery Level 2]
--Cost: 95pts

- 4x Scouts [4x Sniper Rifles]
--Sergeant [Sniper Rifle]
--Cost: 60pts

- 4x Sternguard Veterans [2x Storm Bolters, 2x Plasma Guns
--Veteran Sargent [Storm Bolter, Melta Bombs]
--Drop Pod
--Cost: 195pts

-Drop Pod
--Cost: 35pts

Allied Space Marines

- Captain [Storm Bolter, Power Sword]
--Cost: 115pts

- 4x Scouts [4x Sniper Rifles]
--Sergeant [Sniper Rifle]
--Cost: 60pts

- Dreadnought [Twin-Linked Lascannon, Missile Launcher, Extra Armour]
--Cost: 135pts

-Drop Pod
--Cost: 35pts

Total Cost: 2000 Points

So my thought process with this list is to put the vanguards in the extra drop pods so that I can get them where I need them, same idea with the sternguard. The onagers for anti air/ lighter armour vehicles. The dreadnought will help take out heavier armour and the scouts and rangers will hold objectives and shoot at distant targets. Like I said this is my first attempt and I do not have a lot of experience so any advice would be appreciated.

Also the reason I took two marine allied detachments was for the extra drop pods. If there is a way to get more drop pods in one detachment so that I do not have to waste points on a captain please let me know. :grin:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Also the reason I took two marine allied detachments was for the extra drop pods. If there is a way to get more drop pods in one detachment so that I do not have to waste points on a captain please let me know. :grin:
In a Combined Arms Detachment, you can have the following:

1-2 HQ

2-6 Troops

0-3 Elite

0-3 Heavy

0-3 Fast Attack

Drop Pods are Fast Attack. Therefore, you would only need a single HQ (the captain or the Librarian), the two squads of scouts, and then you could have up to 3 Drop Pods for your Skitarii or Kataphron.

If you use the Flesh Tearers Detachment, which is a specialized Blood Angels force, you can get up to SIX drop pods and you only need a single HQ and single Troop.

If you use the Company of the Great Wolf, which is Space Wolves from the Champions of Fenris option, you don't need troops at all, but you need one HQ, 2 Elites (so you could use the newest Iron Priest option as an HQ/techmarine and 2 dreadnoughts), and then can take Drop Pods that way.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts