Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I apologize for the messy subject line so not really expecting any real foot traffic.

However i have the following to ask.

What would happen to a techpriest (engiseer or any other ad mech follower) that's found to be an outright Emperor worshipper rather than following the 'the omnissiah is the emperor' song and dance that's kept the whole lot of 'em from being burned (along with the rest of the imperium kind of eyerolling because they are why what little technology has been recovered still ...mostly... works.)

Curious on how that would be handled.

·
Registered
2,215 Posts
The Mechanicus is split into two:

One part believes the Emperor IS the Omnissiah. So it's one and the same. That guy would be totally cool.

The other one believes they're separate beings. They're rather disgruntled, but mostly they understand for the Mechanicus to survive it needs the Imperium.

Now if he started spouting that the Emperor and the Omnissiah are separate beings and that only the Immortal Emperor is worth worshiping and that Omnissiah fellow can bite it? Good question.

I'd still like to think that he'd still be accepted by group A (as an apple is still an apple even if you call it an Orange) and still scoffed at by group B.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm writing malak as somethingof a type A person. However his mindset is 'if both are the same, why cling to the omnissiah distinctio nat all, as it only creates division and further mistrust.'

Then again the Mechanicus are wierd anyway. Big fear in my writing has been that i've fumbled the ball on handling them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts