Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't know where this goes.
I've been looking through my 3 (3-5) editions of rule book looking for acute senses. What does acute senses do? In TE codex it says that battle suits get acute senses but I can't find it in the universal rules, nether could my friends.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
acute senses, for my space puppies atleast is found in my special rules. try looking specifically undcer the fluff entry of your battlesuits.

if you cant find it in either of those 2 places, I dont know man

·
Registered
28 Posts
It's in the rulebook, just not under 'Acute Senses'. It's under 'Night Vision/Acute Senses' on page 75. It allows you to re-roll how far the unit can see when the Night-Fighting special rule is in place. You're welcome. :eek:k:

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
It's in the rulebook, just not under 'Acute Senses'. It's under 'Night Vision/Acute Senses' on page 75. It allows you to re-roll how far the unit can see when the Night-Fighting special rule is in place. You're welcome. :eek:k:
*Facepalm* 4 people couldn't find it. Sorry but another question: does that apply to units like the stealthsuits?

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Stealth field generator roll 2d6x3 as if firing at night. Does it allow you to re-roll against it. By my logic it does since it's like nightfight.

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
I'd say no- if the Stealth Suit rule was that any enemy firing at them would be affected by the Night Fight rule then Acute Sense would work the suits have their own rule that is equivalent to firing at night but isn't Night Fight.

The same as the Vindicare Assassin has his stealth suit that replicates the effects of fighting at night but doesn't use the Night Fight rule.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Terms of RAW, no. But if you tried it, you'd be a *insert bad word here*

It comes down to this: If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck... is it a fire hydrant?

Stealth Field Generator walks, talks, and looks like the mission Special Rule: Night Fighting.

But if your a RAW laywer, then its a fire hydrant.

(Before anyone tries to mention it, The Shrouding only looks like nightfight, it doesn't talk or walk like Night Fight, and was FAQ'd for that reason.)

(Also the vindicare stealth suit says to use the Night Fighting rules from the rule book. So Acute senses would definetly work on it.)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts