Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
61 - 80 of 89 Posts

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
After looking for a bit Svern did find a room for himself, it was not very small but it was not big either. He decided that he would take a nap and so he laid down on the old bed. Closing his eyes he was about to fall asleep already but then Verus entered the room and said, "Notice that up to this point, I only checked your brains. I'd like to see some of your muscle too. Will you to come with me?", Svern let out a sigh, he was already on the brink of sleep but then Verus just had to come in. Standing up he said, "I'm not really the muscular type as you have noticed... But if you insist Ill come along." It was undoubted that Verus will insist on that so Svern got up and followed him.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tyriel would be looking at the man and the woman before shifting his attention back out to the sea. After a few minutes staring out into it he turns to look back at everyone on the ship to see what they are doing and how busy it is. Tyriel would then slowly make his way to the center of the desk where its the least busy and draws his sword from his back. Tyriel would then start to practice his fighting stances and moves keeping his legs in a slightly wide stance to balance himself on the slowly rocking ship.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Tying off the last tie cord of his hammock, Earth doesn't turn around when Verus, comes in asking for his help. "On my way." earth says simply. storing his pack he turns to follow Verus.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Tyriel -Tyriel Comes to notice that one of the unknown guards is busy with the wheel, while the other two handle the sails of the small craft. The couple doesn't change its location and refrains from talking, still. Tyriel succeeds in finding a good place to practice, as Verus, accompanied by the rest of the party, opens the door and declares: "Hey, you! Tyriel, I believe you are? I see you're training anyway, so you're welcome to join us any time downstairs." before Tyriel gets a chance to respond, Verus closes the door and leaves.

Svern & Earth - Verus leads the two back to the main deck, where he quickly invites Tyriel to join them. Afterward, he leads them once again down below, into a room full of hay. "Consider this your training room", he says with a serious tone. "I'll be brief. You're here to protect this expedition from harm, and now - you will show me how." he moves over some of the hay on the ground to reveal two rocks, as big as a palm. He throws each of you one rock. "The conditions are simple - knock the opponent's rock off of his hand to the ground to win. Show me how you face each other, and please - don't cause any wounds to severe. I have received medical trainings in case of need, but don't make me use them. Fight!"

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tyriel would ignore Verus and remains on the deck as he prefers to have alot of room when practicing. Every so often he would shift his gave about the ship when in mid swing or swipe to see who is on the deck at that time. He would also look at the couple every so often thinking that there is something not quite right with them. After About thirty minutes worth of practicing he would sheath his blade and goes below deck to observe the training of the other two.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Not waiting even a second, Earth lunges at Svern's small frame. Using his Body mass against Svern, plus staying low to keep his center of gravity, Earth knocks Svern prone.... not waiting for his recovery Earth immediately lunges after Svern's rock with his free hand.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
OOC: Godsmacked please refrain from godmodding my character and the actions which will happen... Leave it to the GM.

IC:
"Consider this your training room. I'll be brief. You're here to protect this expedition from harm, and now - you will show me how.", said Verus. He then threw a rock to each of them. One to earth and the other to Svern. "The conditions are simple - knock the opponent's rock off of his hand to the ground to win. Show me how you face each other, and please - don't cause any wounds to severe. I have received medical trainings in case of need, but don't make me use them. Fight!". Svern sighed, he was no warrior, and even thought he knew how to fight he was not good at it, most certainly he did not have the brute strength of most of the warriors. Barely positioning himself properly Svern was attacked by the lunging Earth. Earth used his body weight to make Svern prone, he then lashed out with his other hand and tried to grab Svern stone. Seeing that he had no choice Svern decided to use a rather unconventional tactic. "You want it that badly? Then here take it!", Svern said extending the arm with the stone, trying to strike with the power of the stone directly against Earth's lunging skull.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 · (Edited)
I rolled dice for both Earth and Svern, giving bonuses and penalties when necessary, and here are the results of the action:

Earth tries to knock Svern on the ground and succeeds. However, Earth fails to use his momentum to grab the stone and Svern hits him on the head. However, Svern, having failed to attack from a proper angle and lacking technique, only inflicts a minor wound to to Earth's head, that is not as damaged as he is shocked. Verus moves his body, as if to help Earth, but he quickly see it's a flesh wound only and stands down.
Both warriors still hold on to their stones.

Tyriel then enters the room.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Svern's strike did not work as he expected but still it left Earth a little shocked and confused. He decided to use Earth's mild shock to his advantage. Curling his hand into a fist he sent it towards the Laryngeal prominence. Svern did not hit with full force as he could have killed Earth if it would hit that strongly. Hoping that this move will succeed Svern already was ready to send his knee straight into Earth's skull, apparently completely forgetting about the stones...

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
After entering the room Tyriel would move and goes to sit on his own as he watches the other two spar. He would be watching their movements for where they are going wrong. Every so often he would flick his gaze over to Verus to see what the human was going to do before shifting it back to look at the battle. After another five minutes Tyriel stands up and leaves the room heading to his room to check that his bag is still there.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Tirering of this game, Earth kicks at Svern's knee from the inside outward. Then swings his arm under Svern's in an attempt to isolate his arm.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 · (Edited)
Tyriel - Tyriel was always a little paranoid and often worried too much about things, but this time - his exaggerated fear and mistrust served him well. He arrives at his room, only to find one young-looking Dremorian guard going over his bag. When noticing Tyriel, which comes up from behind, he quickly turns to him, frightened and embarrassed. "Oh, ummm... hello, sir. I'm so, so sorry.... It's not what it looks like..."

Earth and Svern - After a dice roll, here are the results:

Earth's attempt to strike is thwarted as punches his laryngeal prominence. However, Svern's strengh fails him once more as the weak, inaccurate punch throws earth's upper body a little back and causes an unnoticeable wound. However, Earth's pain is great and he drops the stone.
Only then, does Verus move to check Earth. His neck seems to be in order. He turns to Svern: "Although it is none of my buisness how you choose to protect this expedition from the forces of the wilderness, I certainly forbid using these vicious, dirty tricks against our own party members!" He then gets up. "You may use this training room anytime... just don't waste all of your energy". He leaves the room, "I'm going to see how is the rest of the crew doing".

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tyriel would clench his fists as he finds a young guard in his room and slams the door behind him. Moving his hand to his swords hilt on his back he would grip it and draws it slightly while striding towards the Guard his eyes have a murderous intend about them as he finishes drawing his sword and points the tip at the young guard. "If i ever find you in here again looking through my things i will remove your head and send it to your family as a gift. Now if you wish to live i suggest that you tell all your friends that if they enter this room i WILL kill them. Now get out." Tyriel flicks his blade so it just misses the guard.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Surprisingly Svern's dirty tactic worked as earth backed away quickly coughing strongly. Once Verus saw that he quickly rushed and checked Earth's throat which was not seriously harmed except from a minor wound. Verus then turned to Svern narrowing his eyes and chastising him on his actions. "Although it is none of my buisness how you choose to protect this expedition from the forces of the wilderness, I certainly forbid using these vicious, dirty tricks against our own party members!", Svern was slightly annoyed by Verus's words but he waited for him to finish. "You may use this training room anytime... just don't waste all of your energy". Then suddenly Svern grabbed him by the shoulder, "What did you think will happen when you will pit me against a veteran warrior ha? That I will go toe to toe with him fight honorably, I dont fight! I heal people!" and with that he used hes magic to heal Earth's wounds and walked out of the room. Heading to the deck of the ship watching the unending see stretching far and wide before him.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Turning to Verus in reply, " No, there are no dirty tricks in combat. You must expect the un expected, i do not train with kid gloves. It is live or die out there and we must prepare for it." turning to svern "Good fight Svern." and earth reaches out for a hand shake. After receiving a minor heal earth returns to his bunk.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Earth and Svern - After Earth justifies Svern's "special" fighting methods, Verus helps him up and moves towards the door. Svern grabs his shoulder and explains he is a healer, not a warrior. "well then, you should have told me. still, a healer is always helpful, and you showed me that you can fight too, if necessary".
He invites you two to a little walk around the lower deck, as suddenly, arriving
at Tyriel's room, you see the following sight...

Tyriel - "Of course, of course! Not me nor anyone will... will... you know what... again..." Tyriel, still pointing his sword at the guard, which is on his knees, notices that behind him, Verus and the other two party members are looking at the two. the man says quietly to Tyriel: "Please, don't tell..." Verus asks with a suspicious gaze: "Don't tell what? what is this?"

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tyriel would continue to stare at the guard as he narrows his gaze as he continues to glare. After a few seconds he sheaths his sword and turns to face Verus. "This human here decided that it would be a good idea to come into my room and search through my things. I caught him in the act." Tyriel then turns to look at the young guard before looking back at Verus. "He has been warned not to do it again, or any of his friends or i will kill them. So he will be fine if he leaves my sight immediately."

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Svern saw earth talking to Verus, justifying Svern's actions. He did not think that Earth will help him, moreover he thought the Earth will try to kill him for that. Once Verus approached him and Svern explained to him that he is not a warrior Verus said, "well then, you should have told me. still, a healer is always helpful, and you showed me that you can fight too, if necessary". Nodding to him Svern says, "Good, thank you for understanding". Once they finished talking Verus suggested that Svern and Earth will accompany him to the lower decks. Thus Svern changed his plans for the ship main deck and started walking with Verus and Earth. While walking he asked Earth, "Are you ok? I did not mean to hurt you but I had no choice... Hows my healing kicking in?" They continued to chat for abit but suddenly stopped when they passed Tyriel's room and saw him threatening one of the guards. The scared guard murmured, "Of course, of course! Not me nor anyone will... will... you know what... again...", it was a strange sight, why would Tyriel threaten a guard, the guard must have done something to anger Tyriel... The guard whispered to Tyriel, "Please, don't tell..." but due to the silence it could be heard easily. Narrowing his eyes Verus looked at the guard and asks, "Don't tell what? what is this?". Thinking for a moment Tyriel lowers his sword and sheaths it back. He then turned to Verus and said, "This human here decided that it would be a good idea to come into my room and search through my things. I caught him in the act.", he then turned to the young guard and said, "He has been warned not to do it again, or any of his friends or i will kill them. So he will be fine if he leaves my sight immediately." This was astounding at first because Svern realized that the other guards could have picked all his stuff by now, and what if Verus planned all of this to spy on them... At any rate Svern waited to see what Verus will do in this situation.

61 - 80 of 89 Posts