Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
41 - 60 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Tyriel- Upon arriving at the meeting point, Tyriel sits down. Despite the merchants' shouts and the somewhat-busy atmosphere, it's more than fitting to rest alone and think.

Svern and Leonidas
- the angry pub owner quickly gives Leonidas 30 gold coins. "here's for your work. And now - leave. You're bad for business, and as such - none of you three are welcome". He then comes up to Leonidas and whispers right into his ear: "Learn how to leash your dark elves".

Khouin and Kylyn -

Stillios OOC:

You're leaving what they say to me? How kind of you!
Since you're doing this for the second time, I no longer find it amusing. Stop hijacking my adventure - you can count on me to make it interesting. If you don't understand what I mean - you can PM me.

IC:

You decide to leave the man's hut. Outside - cool breeze washes your body from the cramped, hot atmosphere inside. The man tells you where his friend, Daius, resides, and bids you farewell. "If you ever come around here - stop by my house!"

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tyriel would remain sat down as he reads his books on the exotic creates of the world flicking through the pages wondering what he might encounter on the expedition. As he flicks through it he stops on several pages about creatures that are apparently very rare in the known world and have never been tamed. He would wonder that if, he could tame one of these creates he could cement his name in history. He would then shake his head at the thought and snaps his book shut as he looks up to see who is around him.

After looking around Tyriel would pull out his sword from its sheath on his back and starts to rune a hand over the elvish runes on the blade where he engraved the swords name. After a few minutes he would pull out a sharpening stone and slowly sharpens it while waiting for everyone else to turn back up.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
OOC: Everything Ive done is approved by the GM.

IC: As the thug picked his sword back, Tyriel was already walking away, for a reason unknown to Svern, the thug did not pursue Tyriel and just left him as he exited the pub. Svern then turned his face towards Leonidas which was talking with the pub owner. What the owner said was meant to Leonidas's ears only but Svern heard it anyway, as elves had better senses then most humans. "here's for your work. And now - leave. You're bad for business, and as such - none of you three are welcome", he said to everyone. "Learn how to leash your dark elves", he whispered silently to Leonidas. Anger sparkled inside Svern, quickly moving towards the pub owner, he grabbed him at his shirt near the neck and said venomously, "I am NOT a SLAVE! Better remember that human, because the next time you will say a thing like that Ill be sure to make a marionette show with your corpse!", he then looked at the owner and waited for an answer, not an answer but more of an apology.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Leonidas blanched as Svern grabbed the man. The normally easygoing elf had exploded like a mechanism where the spring has been kept too tight for too long. Without looking, he slipped the coins into a pouch at his belt and drew his shortsword. As Svern ranted at the bar's owner, he stepped between them and the table where the man's croneys were sitting.

"I will not own slaves, and I find it insulting that you suggest I might. Svern is a patron of this establishment, and for you to tar him with the same brush as his countryman is akin to me likening you to that fat pimp over there. Now, we will leave after you have apologised - not because you command it, but because neither of us has any desire to remain in this den of villainy for any longer than we have to."

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Leonidas and Svern - The place's owner remains cool as Svern grabs him and the two demand an apology. "You don't scare me! The boy I've sent will be here with city guards any minute now!"
this time, the armed
man doesn't really intervene and a crowd masses up around you.
Suddendly, a familiar voice you can't see who's behind yells into the space: "Persadonian Guard! Leave that man alone and come with me!"
As you turn your heads to the voice's origin, you see it's Verus. He gazes at you with his face pointing down. He seems to want you to play along.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
As Svern succefully grabbed the owner, the owner looked back at Svern, he was not scared, he looked more furious then scared as he shouted back,"You don't scare me! The boy I've sent will be here with city guards any minute now!".

Svern looked at the shouting owner, he was not about to give up even if the guards came, he will not stay silent while this puny human insults all of his race. He was about to answer but then he heard a voice coming out of the crowd that started amassing around them. "Persadonian Guard! Leave that man alone and come with me!", at first Svern thought about running but soon he saw a figure coming out of the crowd, it was Verus and that was the reason why the voice sounded so familiar. Verus pointed his face to the ground it seemed that he wanted Svern to play along.

Svern couldn't help it, his pride and honor compelled him to act so he quickly picked up a chair and tried smashing it in the owner's face, after finishing he just walked away accompanied by the "Persadonian guard".

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tyriel would be sat on the empty boxes and crates that he had been sat on for the last hour or so still reading his book about the exotic and legendary creatures of the world trying to think which of these would be the greatest to tame and what would etch his name into history. He would keep flicking through the book and every so often return to the page about dragons, wondering if the group would encounter such a mighty creature.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Khouin ignored the man and started back towards the docks, when he arrived he sat down and drew his sword then began to polish the blade, the gems around his neck began to glow faintly and a warmth infused him.
He placed his sword across his crossed legs and closed his eyes letting the warmth flow around him. He remembered when his father had told him about the signifigance of the stones, each of his family had one depending on their personality. His Father was always very calm and was tried to avoid unnessesery violence and had an emerald while his brother was relentless and had limetless hatred and resolve, Khouin himself held a blood red ruby because of his eyes and his battle rage.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Looks like Leonidas refrains from taking action, So without any choices left - I'm forced to NPC him for this post.

I hope you all know that Lord Ramo has, unfortunately, left this RP, so don't wait for him to post in order to take action.

Svern and Leonidas - Svern and Leonidas decide to go along with Verus's act. Still, the burning fury within Svern leads him to breaking a chair on the bar owner's head. Verus grabs Svern's hand and pulls him close to him: "you WILL pay for that too!" the three then leave the bar and walk across the street. Upon arriving in an alley, Verus then looks at the two with rage: "How can you expect me to entrust you with a mission that requires teamwork and discipline, after I find you an hour after our first meeting causing problems in the bar, and, in heaven's sake, smashing a chair on a man!?" He doesn't wait for a reply, as he starts walking quickly out of the alley and the two follow him back to the docks, where they find Tyriel and Khouin.

Khouin and Tyriel
- Arriving at the rendezvous point, Khouin sees his recent acquainted dark elf sitting with a book in his hands and doing his business. He then sits down, polishes the blade and thinks thoughts to himself.
Suddenly, the two spot with their quick eyes Verus, Leonidas and Svern. Verus seems awfully annoyed. "Well... at least two of you can be found here, calmly and without a fuss around you". he then turns to Leonidas and Svern, "You still haven't answered my question".

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tyriel would shift his gaze to quickly look at Khouin before turning his head to look at the oncoming Verus, Svern and Leonidas. Tyriel's hearing may pick up Verus asking the other two why they were causing trouble and shifts his head to look at the human narrowing his eyes before standing up and putting away his blade. "It wast them who caused the trouble, human, it was me who started it so leave them out of it." Tyriel would then pick up his purple cloth bag which rattles as usual then looks at the others wondering what Verus will tell them all. "Now Human, i assume that your going to tell us what ship we are going on and then we are setting off?"

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
As Verus dragged him out of the bar with Leonidas, Svern ignored any question that he directed to him. "The only thing you need to know, Verus! Is that the man got what he deserved." Any further questions Svern refused to answer. Walking silently they rendezvoused with Tyriel and Khouin, apparently Tyriel's hearing picked up some of the conversation so he stepped out and blamed himself for the mess in the bar. Svern looked at Tyriel, he did not expect that but at any rate he said, "After you left things have evolved, those things did not concern you so you are not to blame on this." Turning back to Verus he said, "So why did you bring us back, can we just set sail already, I had enough of this craphole."

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
As Svern and Tyriel discuss the latest events in the bar, they both are, like some other party members, eager to leave the city and venture forth to Borimar. Verus declares: "Since you've already earned some reputation in the city, we will leave right away. But first - I'll introduce you to another party member that will join the voyage - Earth Bloodshone. More warriors can't hurt when you travel to an uncharted Isle." he says as he points at the approaching human, which stirs up different thoughts in the party members.
"Anything to say, ask or do before I get us on the 'Highlander'?"

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tyriel would look at the new comer and narrows his pupils as his peers at him before turning back to look at Verus and shaking his head. "No there is nothing else that needs to be done or asked lets go im not in the mood to stand idly any longer. I want to see what exactly is on the island we are traveling to." With that Tyriel would make sure he has everything before moving a few steps away from the group and follows them when they start to make their way towards the ship that they will be using.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bent over some supplies he is tying up you see Earth. You first notice the salt n pepper in his hair, and wonder if were taking on old men now. But then he stands, and marches to the group. You see prowess in his movement. Earth is wearing human made half-plate, old, but well kept. and you see a large spike bone hammer hanging from his side. and a shield on his back. He reaches to shake your hand and has a powerful firm grip. "Earth Bloodshone. Can we do these introductions on the boat? Everyone lets get moving, I aint getting any younger. Grab your gear." With that he turns, and picks up his pack and walks back to the supplies.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Svern watched as the new warrior introduced himself, he was coated in a human made half-plate armor, it was worn and old but it looked well maintained, he also carried a large spiky hammer made of bone and a shield was hanging from his back. "Earth Bloodshone. Can we do these introductions on the boat? Everyone lets get moving, I aint getting any younger. Grab your gear.", he was completely straight forward, With no pleasantries but at any rate Svern introduced himself. "I bid you welcome Earth Bloodshone, my name is Svern Fuldor.". After Svern introduced himself he approached Verus, "I have nothing to ask, if everyone is ready lets move and get out from this hell hole." He waited for the others to move before he started moving he did not want to look to eager and out of respect to the others he waited.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 · (Edited)
OOC:

From now on the only players here are g0dsmacked, komanko and revan, so hopefully this will go smoother.

IC:

Verus sees the group's eagerness, "Then without further talking, let's head out to the ship, there I will introduce you to the rest of the team".

Verus leads the three warriors through the docks, and stops before one of the Dremorian cruisers. The golden inscription: "Infinity", that decorates its side, seems awfully unfitting and perhaps even ironic given its relative small size. "There she is - Infinity. Take your belongings, if you have any, and follow me."
The four board the ship to find three interesting character - a well-dressed robed elf, a young woman wearing casual clothes and a bearded man that looks around the age of 40-50. Verus speaks once more to the three warrios as he points at the three figures before them: "Meet Therion, our theoratical wizard, Vera, our theologist and Thesius, our mapmaker. the three of them will explain and record the island's mysteries. It is our job to protect them and let them do their job." he waits for no answer as he grabs a sack that seems to hold his personal items and heads to the door that leads to the ship's interior. "Find some vacant rooms and make yourselves comfortable. The journy to Borimar will take us three days."
The three figures react to you differently - the elf is the first to speak, "please, do try not to speak to me, do your job and let me do mine". He then moves to the lower deck himself. The woman is leaning on the ship's side, gazing at the docks. "Therion tends to be a little... rough. But he's one fine theoretical wizard. Me and my husband won't be as cool towards you, if it makes you feel any comfort." He who was introduced as Thesius then moves up to her and wraps her waist with his arm.

You then turn around to see five Dremorian guards shouting at each other while untying the ship from the docks. They then board the ship and maintain control of the sails and the ship's wheel.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tyriel would watch the other elf vanishes below deck then checks himself to make sure he has everything. He would then proceed to go down into the ship and goes to find the furthest room away from any other passengers so he can get some peace and quiet. Also because he needs to hide the bag which rattles. Tyriel after hiding his bag and putting most of his gear away heads back up to the top of the ship and stands at the very front and stares out into the ocean.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
"Then without further talking, let's head out to the ship, there I will introduce you to the rest of the team", said Verus in light of the groups eagerness. After telling them that he will lead them to the ship, Verus marched them through the dock until they reached a ship which was inscribed in gold. The inscription said, "Infinity", once Svern took a look at the ship he could not stop himself and let out a small laugh. The name was pretty ironic as the ship itself was pretty small and did not look very new. Once they reached the ship Verus told them that the ship's name was Infinity which was already pretty obvious, he also stated that they should pick up any of their belongings and follow him. Svern did not have any so he just followed Verus. Once they all boarded the ship Verus introduced them to three people. An elf, and two humans, one women and one man. Verus then pointed at the three characters and said, "Meet Therion, our theoratical wizard, Vera, our theologist and Thesius, our mapmaker. the three of them will explain and record the island's mysteries. It is our job to protect them and let them do their job." he waits for no answer as he grabs a sack that seems to hold his personal items and heads to the door that leads to the ship's interior. "Find some vacant rooms and make yourselves comfortable. The journy to Borimar will take us three days." Once Verus finished he walked away probably to tend to some "important" business. The elf was the first to speak, "please, do try not to speak to me, do your job and let me do mine. Once the elf finished speaking he took his leave heading to a lower deck in the ship. Everybody looked at him until he was gone and then the woman which was introduced as Vera spoke, "Therion tends to be a little... rough. But he's one fine theoretical wizard. Me and my husband won't be as cool towards you, if it makes you feel any comfort." They looked like nice people so Svern decided to introduce himself. "Svern Fuldor at your service.", he bowed with a smile. After scouring the ship for a bit and finishing with formalities Svern noticed that five Dremorian guards boarded the ship and acted as crew members, "Great like I didnt have enough with those guards already." he thought. He then turned away and walked down looking if there was an empty room for him to reside in, he decided that if he would not find one he will probably go and sleep on the board of the ship. It couldn't be really bad.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Climbing aboard Earth mad a mental note of the ship's name. "ironic" he thought. But it was a fine ship of it's class. He had ridden one similar to this on a river once. He had his men, his army at his back... that was a fine day. You notice him reminiscing, then he snaps out of it. With a bit of a grim smirk he approaches the female and says "what does the Dremorian government have need of a theologian for? Aren't you all God haters? Don't you all believe we just sprouted out of the ground all on our own one nice summer day?" with a rowdy but teasing tone.

Then he entered the cabin without waiting for an answer and entered the closest free room to the exit. After a few moments you hear a bit of hammering coming from his room. If you come to inspect you see him stringing up his own hammock. It is dark grey almost black, and the material looks like silk but the weave is course, and there is a pattern like a spiders webbing almost.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 · (Edited)
Sorry for not separating it for you each, but your actions make a sequence on the deck, so here's its general chain of actions, below I'll add personal notes if any.

As Tyriel moves towards the ship's interior, Svern introduces himself to the couple. "Svern Fuldor at your service." the two nod their heads with a smile. "Good to meet you Svern." He goes down to the the interior as well as they turn to curious Earth, who asks almost immediately why would the completely-secular Dremorians would send a theologist on-board to Borimar. The woman maintains her somewhat-fake smile, gently bites her lower lip and stares at Earth's legs. It seemed as if it was obvious this question will be asked. "The Dremorians are, indeed, religion haters, But there is still a school of theology. It helps us understand our neighbors and the way the think. People usually give an unsatisfied look when I tell them about my training. But the Dremorians send me as neutral, religion-understanding factor, in a mission to disprove religion and find some evidence that contradicts it. I, personally, think that the emperor's obsession with religion is stupid, but that's just me." when she says that last sentece, the Dremorian crew turns his eyes to her with suspicion, and turns back to his position.

Earth and Svern then sit down in their new rooms, while Tyriel moves up to the main deck to breath some air and catch some sea view.

Tyriel - Upstairs, Tyriel sees the human couple, in an entirely different position. They both lean side-by-side at the ship's barrier, wearing grim faces and without talking. The man hugs the woman's back with one hand, and she seems like she hardly cares.

Svern and Earth - Verus comes up to your rooms, which are next to each other, and asks you to come with him. "Notice that up to this point, I only checked your brains. I'd like to see some of your muscle too. Will you to come with me?"

41 - 60 of 89 Posts