Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
21 - 40 of 89 Posts

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Svern entered a dusty and old looking pub together with Tyriel and Leonidas but they got separated as soon as they entered, he watched as Tyriel was talking with the bartender about getting himself a drink while some men were talking to Leonidas asking him to join them in the backroom for a small chat, Svern was about to turn towards Leonidas but someone blocked his path. Taking a look svern saw a fairly fat man leaning on a chair, he had a wheat stalk in his mouth, he chewed it with great pleasure as he spoke, "You seem like you could you use one-night company... You have some coins available?"

Svern looked at the man, he felt disgust it was just sick, treating people as items, selling them for money, its just wasn't right. Anyway regardless of how he felt Svern smiling answered politely, "I might be interested, tell me about what you are offering, are they slaves or did they come from free will? Who knows with the right answer you might even get a few gold coins.", Svern continued smiling as the man thought for abit, he crossed ideas in his mind trying to guess what Svern wanted for an answer. While the man thought Svern noticed how fat he was, he was not only fat, he was ugly to, and did not have any kind of muscle, for a moment Svern doubted the fact that he even had a brain but that was something harder to realize from just watching a man.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Tyriel - The happy bartender happily takes 2 gold coins from you and smiles proudly. As he sees Tyriel's gaze remains dark and grim, he suddenly wears a sympathetic face. "Hey, you should really consider whipping that that grim off your face. You only live once - even if for a guy like you it's 300 years. My costumers know me as a listener, and here - in the bar - everyone's a costumer. What's on your mind?" he then pours beer into a jug and puts it next to your glass of water. "on the house!" he declares, then he puts the 2 coins in his pocket: "well, not completely... ha ha ha!" he's tapping your elbow and waits for you to speak.

Khouin and Kylyn - you decide to give the man 4 coins each. He nodds while hiding a smile. As he walks away, Khouin tells her and Kylyn's father's story and the two engage in a talk. After finishing her story, Khouin notices the man who took their money still stands not too far away with his back towards them, possibly to listen. he then turns around, with an annoyed grin. "So... you fought the war?" he approaches you with an aggresive pose, but avoids reaching for his scabbard. He seems like he's expecting your answer.

Leonidas - You and the owner sit down in one of the far-end tables of the pub. A person comes up to you, but the owner uses his hand to send him away. He's pointing at Svern, which is engaged in a chat with an odd-looking fat person. "Is this guy your friend? Because I need you to do me a favor. I've got some spare change, if you're interested, eh?" before Leonidas has a chance to answer, he signals the bartender to get them both a pint of beer.

Svern The fat man laughs at Svern's innocent and honest question. His laughter is vulgar and mocking, the very anti-matter for Svern, so to speak.
"I have my job, you have your pleasure. Don't ask me questions that don't concern you. If it's the choice that makes you hesitate - come with me and I'll show you some options. My... colleagues... are not too far away, just near this bar."

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
As the bartender taps Tyriel's Elbow, Tyriel's thoughtful eyes bolt open as he reaches behind him and grabs the hilt of his sword. He then draws it quicker than a human could and grabs the Bartender by the scruff of the next and places the tip of his blade against his throat.
"I will only say this once human, so listen and remember well. Never, and i mean Never touch me again. Secondly i would never tell you whats on my mind as YOUR mind is too primitive to comprehend what is on mine. And thirdly, just leave me to drink and peace and only ever talk to me when im ordering a drink. Is that understood?"
Tyriel would then wait for the bartender to answer before shoving him backwards slightly and sits down sheathing his blade into its sheath on his back and putting his hands around the cold glass of water and staring deep into it.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Vile laughter bursted out of the fat mans mouth, it was annoying, disgusting. He was trying to mock Svern, to taunt him, he laughed at Svern's so called innocence, and then answered, "I have my job, you have your pleasure. Don't ask me questions that don't concern you. If it's the choice that makes you hesitate - come with me and I'll show you some options. My... colleagues... are not too far away, just near this bar.", Svern slowly was getting annoyed by the man and his behaviour, he was disrespectful and rude, exactly the type of fellow that Svern really wanted to slam a chair directly in his face, but as big as this temptation was he resisted it because he knew it might end in other people getting hurt also. He just calmly answered the man, "Then I bid you farewell, my good sir, as I am not interested in anything you have to offer.", the man looked annoyed, Svern started walking towards the innkeeper, as he caught a glimpse of Leonidas speaking with a bunch of people, those people looked towards Svern, and whispered. He had the feeling that something is going to go wrong... At any rate Svern approached the bartender and gave him a gold coin, asking if he knew who this people were, and asked for a mug of beer also, paying the bartender the exact sum he asked for.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Leonidas sat with the owner in a secluded corner. He raised the ale to his lips and sipped cautiously. It was good stuff, full bodied with an oaty aftertaste, and had not been watered down - so either some things had improved after all or the landlord kept a seperate barrel for favoured patrons. The thought occurred to him that this stronger tasting brew would be easier to spike than the watery ale he had had here before, and he set the tankard aside until he knew what the man wanted from him.

"Is this guy your friend? Because I need you to do me a favor. I've got some spare change, if you're interested, eh?"

The man pointed at Svern, who seemed to be trapped in a conversation with an odd looking fat man. Leonidas thought carefully before he answered:

"I wouldn't say we were friends - we have only just met. But we are going to be working together for a while, if that helps."

His free hand rested on the powder horn at his hip. He did not like the way this conversation was headed, but the odds were stacked against them if they had to fight their way out. If it came to it, he would toss a handful of black powder in the fire and try to get out in the confusion - preferably with Svern, but he noticed that they had been drawn to opposite ends of the room.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Kylyn listened closely as Khouin spoke about why he was there. He had lost his entire family, and after his vengeance which almost killed him he had come straight here. She was impressed in his resolve, and when he spoke about revenge and grief consuming her she couldn't help but bristtle a little bit. It was true what he spoke but it was too late, she had let revenge consume her, she had got her revenge. All this had made her feel is nothing hence her journey here.

"So... you fought the war?" he approaches you with an aggresive pose, but avoids reaching for his scabbard. He seems like he's expecting your answer. She looked over at the range owner, he seemed irritated, if not in the least hostile. She stood, bow still in her hands. She leant it against the wall and turned to speak to him, "Yes I did fight in the Great Elven War, though only at the end and for one battle before my concious got the better of me." She stood a calm figure in front of him, waiting to see what he was going to do.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Svern - As Svern approaches the bar, in order to salvage some information, He suddenly stopped, at the sight the other dark elf had generated. (read Tyriel's post). He quickly reconsiders his moves, and knows that being the only two dark elves in the bar, this could end badly for him as well. He is close enough to see Leonidas' drinking partner ordering the thug in the entrance to "deal with the nuisance", and can hear Tyriel's discussion with the man.

Tyriel - As Tyriel grabs the frightened bartender, he tells him very clearly not to poke his nose where it does not belong. "Is that understood?" Tyriel shouted at the bartender's face, which quickly replied: "sure, sure! please, let me go..." Tyriel then lets the bartender go. As the bartender swallows his spit with fear, the entire bar's costumers turn around and angrily look at the calm dark elf. The man currently talking to Leonidas furiously signals a person at the bar's entrance your way. The man, wearing a scabbard and plate armor, comes up to you. He shoots the word from his lips, like a poisonous snake: "You're going to have to leave now. Have a good day!"

Leonidas - As the innkeeper is about to give out some information, Leonidas' newly-met dark elf is catching the bar's attention. The innkeeper orders a thug to attend to this problem, and quickly goes back to talking with you. "Those damn wild costumers come here all the time. That is why I need you. I saw Prior - that fatso at the door, tried to 'make business' with your acquainted dark elf over there. He's coming here every day in the last month, trying to sell his dirty womens' bodies to costumers. This is... mostly... bad for business. I want him out - but I'm no friend of the assassins' guild, and he won't take no for an answer. Get your friend to go with him. Follow them. Get him in some dark corner. Get rid of him. Simple, and I've got some money. And some connections. How does that sound?" he leans forward, all into you and what you might say.

Kylyn and Khouin - as the two seem threatened by the range owner, Kylyn decides to take action and speak: "Yes I did fight in the Great Elven War, though only at the end and for one battle before my concious got the better of me."
The man suddenly seems sad. He stares at the ground and sighs. "Your people took the life of two of my family members. I didn't get to know them, that's obvious... but many good men died out there." his mood quickly changes again and it seems as if he was cheery. "But war is terrible for all the sides. I was on the guard myself! How about we share some military experiences? And the hour's on the house!" and gives the confused couple their money back. His polar behavior and red nose make the two elves be almost sure he's drunk to the bone.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
As the man wearing plate armor and a scabbard comes up and tell's Tyriel to leave, Tyriel would finish his water in one go before placing it down on the table and standing up turning to face the thug who has told him to leave. Tyriel most likely completely towers over the human and his grim expression remains focused on the man.

"I will leave when i am ready human, i have paid for my drinks here and once i decide to leave ill leave. Now you either leave me be or we can cause a scene in which case. You see that window over there?" Tyriel extends his left hand and points at the window to his left.

"You will be leaving through that with a broken nose and dislocated jaw. So make your decision. Seeing as i will only leave if the owner of this establishment tells me to leave, and taking someones gold and then asking them to leave before they finish their business is just bad manners."
Tyriel then moves his left hand back to his side and stares at the thug. Before his dark eyes dart around the room looking for any movement from any 'friends' the thug might have.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
As Svern approached the bartender, he saw Tyriel rise and start shouting at the bartender, while drawing his sword, ""I will only say this once human, so listen and remember well. Never, and i mean Never touch me again. Secondly i would never tell you whats on my mind as YOUR mind is too primitive to comprehend what is on mine. And thirdly, just leave me to drink and peace and only ever talk to me when I'm ordering a drink. Is that understood?". Svern sighed with surprise and thought to himself, "Why is the only dark elf in this bar has to be so hot headed...".

With a glimpse of an eye Svern saw one of Leonidas's drinking partners ordering a thug to "take care" of Tyriel, this was bad but also explained who those people were... Svern tried to think how to get out alive from this situation without harming anyone, while thinking the thug approached Tyriel and with a poisonous tone said, "You're going to have to leave now. Have a good day!". Without having the chance to interfere Svern heard Tyriel's hand on his sword drawing it out a bit while saying, ""I will leave when i am ready human, i have paid for my drinks here and once i decide to leave ill leave. Now you either leave me be or we can cause a scene in which case. You see that window over there?", Tyriel quickly showed the man the direction, "You will be leaving through that with a broken nose and dislocated jaw. So make your decision. Seeing as i will only leave if the owner of this establishment tells me to leave, and taking someones gold and then asking them to leave before they finish their business is just bad manners.", the thug didn't seem to happy to see Tyriel threatening him.

Svern had to do something, quickly approaching the scene Svern put a hand on the thugs hand and told him with a smile, "Please leave, Ill handle it...", he then turned to Tyriel he used his staff to move Tyriel's hand from his sword and said, not smiling anymore, "Please brother, don't start a fight here, innocent people might get hurt... Ask the bartender if he wants you to leave, because it looks like you frightened him... Also our people are hated enough already we don't need to give the humans and other races any more ammunition against us." He then quickly changed his expression to a smile and said, "Lets just go out, find somewhere more welcoming to reside in."

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The man suddenly seems sad. He stares at the ground and sighs. "Your people took the life of two of my family members. I didn't get to know them, that's obvious... but many good men died out there." his mood quickly changes again and it seems as if he was cheery. "But war is terrible for all the sides. I was on the guard myself! How about we share some military experiences? And the hour's on the house!" He handed over the coins back to Kylyn and Khouin, Kylyn was confused too say the least. She thanked the guy and pocketed the coins, who knew she may have need of them later.

It was seemed to Kylyn that the man was drunk, going in one minute from angry to the next sad and depressed. "I think that most off us lost loved ones during that war, I lost my father during the war, hence the reason I joined. I must admit though one thing I won't miss about being in the military is the cold shifts at night." She tried to make conversation about the military like the man suggested, even though she was only in for a short time, and she had not hated anything about it really.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Leonidas turned to look at the scene at the bar. Svern had left the fatman spluttering in indignation - he could only guess what had been said, but he doubted the dark elf would be able to pose as a "customer." Tyriel was the centre of attention now, as he loomed over the proprietor's heavy. Leonidas could see Svern trying to persuade him to leave peacefully, but he doubted he would have much success.

"I think that ship has sailed. The man ... Prior? ... is not likely to welcome him as a patron now. I think I may be able to help you though."

Keeping his eyes on his host, Leonidas opened his pack and pulled out a small wooden box. Inside, the chest was divided into twelve compartments, each about one inch square at the top and three inches deep. From one of these, Leonidas pulled a glass vial wrapped in several layers of muslin to stop it from moving in the case. The thick glass held a grey, oily liquid. The stopper was held in place with a thin layer of lime plaster - he dared not use wax, since even that small ammount of heat could be disastrous.

"Take this - but whatever you do do not drop it or expose it to heat. Have your barman add it to his drink: spirits would be best, since it becomes more potent when mixed with alcohol. It will not kill him, but it will stop him from wanting to do anything with his women ever again as it burns his bladder from the inside. I am told the only thing worse than the pain the drug causes while it is in effect is the agony of withdrawal when it wears off. After that experience, I very much doubt he will come back."

OOC: the "drug" he has given the man is Nitroglycerine. The symptoms are exactly as I have described: burning of the bladder and dilation of the blood vessels that can cause permanent impotence, followed by crippling headaches as the chemical wears off and the blood vessels in the brain contract. And of course if you drop it, or let a spark near it, it will explode violently (but I'll leave that up to you...)

·
Registered
948 Posts
"Your people took the life of two of my family members. I didn't get to know them, that's obvious... but many good men died out there, but war is terrible for all the sides. I was on the guard myself! How about we share some military experiences? And the hour's on the house!" He handed over the coins back to them.

As Kylyn replied and went to retreive his arrows, he saw several people staring at him when he moved out to the targets, he stared cooly at each one untill they turned away, he was used to being gaped at since most people had never seen an elf especially one with blood red eyes.
His arrows were embeded so deep that he decided to just push them through instead of draw them out.

As he returned Khouin drew his file and began to file some of the blunted arrowheads, one had shattered but he decided to go to the forge when they left. Turning to the owner, he said "Yes I fought in the great war, I fought for many years, the worst....yes the cold was bad on watch but I must admit that to my shame during the war I have never felt so alive, it got to the point that I...I started to enjoy the fighting, the slaughter and the battle, those feelings made me reckless but I lost a part of myself then"

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Leoniads, Svern and Tyriel - Svern's calming attempts seem to utterly fail. The plated armor man seems enraged with Tyriel's refusal. He looks as if he heard just enough to brutally kill Tyriel. He takes out his sword and prepares for a fight as the man who sat with Leonidas gets up after quickly taking the vile. His anger leads him to handle it with aggression and little care, and terrified Leonidas worries the whole place could blow up. His face shows yet more fury than the guard's. "You wanted to hear it from the owner's lips?! There! out! out with you, you filthy thuggish scum! go now, before I'll call the guards!"
He then turns around, and yells to the almost-paralyzed Leonidas and Svern: "Now's your chance! Choose your side carefully! Mine or this outlaw's!"

Khouin and Kylyn - As the two talk to the range owner, they discover that his name is derius, and that he was a soldier in the Dremorian guard. He takes them to his home and cooks them a meal. After telling him the little you know about Verus - He seems surprised. "I know that guy!" he screams out to the air, "I was under his command, actually! at the Persadonian Guard, of course, he was a very respected captain. I can't say how would a guy like him would end up doing such a petty job. Exploring uncharted lands.... They'd usually send some less important assets to these kinds of operations than that promising fellow. You should go see a friend of mine, Daius. He was at the unit for a short time, but longer than me. He might just know a little more about Verus, if you're interested". After saying that, you admire the person's luxurious clock on the wall. That is not a sand clock nor a sun clock - it functions differently and has strange hands. You notice you've wasted an entire hour with this drunken drunkard.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Being an elf Tyriel would technically be stronger than the human infront of him so he takes a single step forward and grabs a hold of the man's wrist which is holding his sword. He would then proceed to bring his elbow up at inhuman speeds to crunch it into the center of the human's nose exactly where his nose it before pulling his arm back and aiming his palm for the lower part of his jaw. Should both of these moves work he would then proceed to pick up the man which is now in pain and throw him straight out of the nearest window before picking up his things and walking to the door while remaining completely and utterly calm. As he reaches the door he flicks the owner a gold coin and says.
"Here that's so you can get the window fixed."

And with that Tyriel turns and walks out of the pub and back off to find some shade while he goes to wait the next 2 hours before they have to gather at the docks, his black cloth bag rattling all the way.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Kylyn and Khouin were invited back to the Range owners, Derius's house, where he cooked them a meal, most of it seemed to be meat. Kylyn slyly left the meat hidden when she brought it through into his kitchen under the pretence that she had too much. They learnt that Derius was in the Dremorian Guard, and that he had served underneath Verus. "I was under his command, actually! at the Persadonian Guard, of course, he was a very respected captain. I can't say how would a guy like him would end up doing such a petty job. Exploring uncharted lands.... They'd usually send some less important assets to these kinds of operations than that promising fellow. You should go see a friend of mine, Daius. He was at the unit for a short time, but longer than me. He might just know a little more about Verus, if you're interested".

Kylyn nodded her head thoughtfully. It would be interesting to find out more about the man and what kind of commander he was, though she didn't want to invade his privacy. She looked around the place, it looked like most humans houses to her, clumsily built unlike the grand and elegant elven homes she was used to. The only thing she was interested in was a clock, not a sun clock or a sand clock but something entirely different. It told her that they had spent an hour there, waiting for to start off on the expidition. "I am interested in your clock here, mechanical?"

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Tyriel, Svern and Leonidas: I've waited for Leonidas and Svern to perhaps take action in the situation, but it seems like Tyriel is on is own. Here's the dice-roll results for Tyriel:

Catching the man's arm: Success Tyriel succeeds in disarming the man and causing him sever pain in his good arm.

Punching his nose with his own hand: Failure While trying to move his hand
against his nose, the man pulls himself together and moves his head back while pushing Tyriel away with his other hand. He then walks up to his sword in order to pick it up.

The owner is turning his head to some fellow, which then heads towards the door.

Svern, Leonidas - you can still do something here!

Khouin and Kylyn - "oh, that clock? Well, it's a very special one indeed! It's a little something I got from the army when I left. It's hydraulic. It does seem to impress visitors, but it DOES break of freeze from time to time. Still, it's certainly more comfortable than the 'forced-to-outdoor' sun clock, or the 'constantly-need-of-reset' sand clock". he seems to be in a real desire for more conversation. "If you'd like, I can tell you who sells these in the market!"

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Tyriel would of left the tavern after disarming the man and is now making his way back to the docks. When he reaches the meeting point where they previously met he would sit back down in the place he was sat earlier and pulls out a book and starts to flick through it. Not caring about any humans or other races that stare at him for looking very grim and depressing. After awhile Tyriel would look up when he hears some other people approach him.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
After failing his persuasive attempts Svenr decided to stand back, he never like the dark and gloomy type... He actually never understood why are they like that all the time. He watched as Tyriel grabbed the man's wrist, he did it pretty quickly, and also by doing that he disarmed the thug, but as he tried to make the guard hit himself he failed, the guard pushed Tyriel away and picked up his sword, ready to face Tyriel.
In a sad way it was a funny sight as Tyriel promised to throw the man out of the window but he did not succeed in even moving him backwards abit.Although the guard was picking up his sword Tyriel just decided to walk away, Svern highly doubted the fact that he would be able to just walk away. At any rate he did not plan to interfere Tyriel brought it on himself and unless they hurt the innocent Svern will stay out.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Leonidas sat and watched Tyriel walk out of the pub. He saw out of the corner of his eye that Svern was just letting his fellow dark elf leave, which was good - they may still get out of here with their lives. As the owner gestured for more of his thugs to follow Tyriel, Leonidas calmly repacked his bag, palming a second vial of nitro before he spoke:

"I do not choose sides, because there are no sides in this. My companion spoke to his countryman to try and prevent this - he failed, but not through ill will on his part. I must travel with them both, though I doubt the gloomy fellow will be good company; that is my lot as a mercenary, however I owe neither of them any more personal loyalty than I owe to you. Now, are you going to pay me for my services, or do you wish to create more problems for yourself?"

·
Registered
948 Posts
"oh, that clock? Well, it's a very special one indeed! It's a little something I got from the army when I left. It's hydraulic. It does seem to impress visitors, but it DOES break of freeze from time to time. Still, it's certainly more comfortable than the 'forced-to-outdoor' sun clock, or the 'constantly-need-of-reset' sand clock". he seems to be in a real desire for more conversation. "If you'd like, I can tell you who sells these in the market!"
Khouin smiled slightly, he had no need of clocks as he alway knew the time.

"No, thank you, if you'd excuse me I think Ill step outside" He said then stepped through the front door, a wave of fresh, clean air hit him and he breathed in deeply.

21 - 40 of 89 Posts