Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
41 - 60 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Yeah, sorry, didn't mean that, I just wanted to make sure he saw what I was saying, so. Anyway, BAZ, you and the Inquisition character lost some men, and I lost alot of my horde, so were both now licking our wounds. My character is gonna go hid for a bit, not long, so I can do alittle backstory explaining. Then reapear to challenege you, for you now are his rival(by orky terms, haha)

"I have crushed insects underneath my boot tougher than you, xenos filth." Though he couldn’t understand all of what the humanz warrior said, he clearly understood it as an insult. He muttered his own curse, charged at the warrior, who stepped inside his guard and sliced his shoulder; then shot out the armor on his other shoulder. Borzkin roared in pain and stepped back; the warrior following up for another strike. But Borzkin had seen this coming, and he let the humanz overstep, then delivered a blow to his gut, knocking him down to the ground. Borzkin followed up; hefting his axe around and over and down to crush his head, but the human rolled to the side. He then planted a boot in Borzkin’s face, knocking him back a step. Har har, he thought, dis iz a good fight. W’o knew dis humanz would be such wortha prey. The red warrior flexed and jumped back up, his claw in a gaurd position.

The two warriors were about to continue when an ork on a bike speed by, throwing an axe that embedded itself in the chest of the red warrior; who fell to one knee. “My Kill,” roared Borzkin, and shot the ork from the speeding bike.

He stepped over to the red warrior, who tried to shot him in the head. Borzkin grabbed its gn and tossed it aside. Towering over the malfunctioning suit of armor, he said, “uz betta be ready cause da next time Iz find ya, I wants a propa fight, see?!” He then kicked the armored warrior into the dirt and turned, leaving him to his fate.

All around him ork fought humanz of many types. Here a female humanz crushed an orks head in, there a skinny warrior with a lasgun was dismembered by an ork with a choppa. “Dis fight’in is over,” he bellowed over the din of battle. “Wez got bigga thingz ta do.” Borzkin, ignoring the shots that were bouncing off his armor, walked back to his waiting trukk and mounted up.

He took one last look around, surveying the battlefield. So many of his boyz lay dead or dying, but also did humanz. Dead red warriors lay here and there, surrounded by many ork carcases. Borzkin also noted the bodies of some female humanz in strange armor.
“Lets go, back to da secret base,” he roared, and his trukk pulled away, leaving those behind to finish what was left of the fighting.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kiko sauntered out into the middle of remained of the battle. An Ork rushed towards him. He sliced in half without a glance. Another two Orks rushed in. he cleaved one from head to shoulders, and swung to decapitate the other. The other Ork ducked and swung his axe, scoring a gash in his armor. Kiko gasped but before he could attack Horatius bowled the Ork over, smashing its body into a pulp. "Thank you." Kiko gasped.

Kiko sprinted over to where he had spotted a heavily armed and armored Ork fighting an Astares, probably a leader. He found the Astares laying on the ground, still breathing, but with multiple wounds on his chest. The Ork he had been fighting was no where to be seen. Kiko held out his right hand to help the Astares up. As he did, another came charging over, screaming a warcry. Kiko blasted him into oblivion without a second thought. as he bent closer, he winced at all of his wounds. "Thats quite a collection of wounds you have there." Kiko muttered to the Astares on the ground. "I am not here to play medic, I am here to fight, and to tell you that one of your older brothers has hit the planet, and to beware of the mountains, that is where I became what I am right now, Necrons still lurk there, Necrons that aren't like me, real Necrons."

(Currently my question isn't anyone surprised that there is only two necrons running around, not more?)

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Talkisa and his force broke through the forest, back to their headquarters. Back to safety, or what little safety there could be from She Who Thirsts. They has wandered the stars from the Craftworld Ulthwé in search of protection, but only one unit had ever mastered it. "Seer, what happened?". "We failed. The warp gate is open." The mood of ever eldar sagged, the feeling of a great blow struck within them. "But it will not be open for long. The tides of the warp are unstable and...unpredictable" The Farseer was wiery of using terminology which he knew was untrue of eldar with his...gift. "The sorcerer was hasty, and just rounded up hapless civilians, but embers in the warp as apposed to..." Talkisa paused. His next words were terrible to hear, but their truth was undeniable. "...Our souls Seer" This was a new voice. One of power and of wisdom. All of the assembled eldar turned to face the new voice. A Harlequin stood in the middle of the warp gate, flanked by 7 others. None were distinguishable from any others, but they moved of their own accord where the last of the two eldar Gods lead them. "Indeed Harlequin. If we can blunt their attack, or lead them to unwinable battles, She Who Thirsts will become displeasured with her servants works and the gate will close." "How do we do that?" One of the guardians spoke now. Talkisa smiled, knowing they now held the position of power "The mortal servants. They are fresh to this universe, and have different tactics, not unbeatable ones, merely different. The legions of She Who Thirsts are eternal, and are immutable as their patron. They always attack the same, and we will beat them that way. If we disgrace the mortals, they will lose control of the legions, and will cease to be a threat. All else on this world is infinitesimal to defeating She Who Thirsts" Talkisa could feel the eldar's spirits soar with the thought of fresh hope. "So what do we do now?" This was Milrak this time. Talkisa turned and smiled. "We make ready our assault." Suddenly the camp was alive with the thronging and humming of preparations for war.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The roar of engines was distinct in and amidst the deathly silence of the eldar. Several "life-signs" had been set up. They were fake constructions of the eldar. The primitive machines of the ,so-called "Imperium of Man", were easy to fool. Several automated shuriken platforms had been set up, more as a preemptive measure than an actual offensive. About 300 meters back, they had set up a "headquaters". It had a vast array of "buildings" and a sole webway gate. The buildings were in fact fake images, capable of fooling any race, mortal or immortal, the only reason the eldar weren't fooled was because they had set them up. So when the hoards of daemons came, they would retreat through the webway, destroy it, and then the buildings would dissipate, and the Chaos would just think they had forced the eldar back, and then the eldar could cumulate a really attack, with something to rival even the greater daemons. An Avatar. Now was not the time for such thoughts. There was work to be done. Their primitive machines seemed to roar praise to their "God", and the dance of war commenced. One of his foreseen events, Talkisa raised his pistol and fired. No one knew why he had fired, but he knew that it would slice the wrist of the so called sorcerer. One of their marines was struck down by Kaldas and his Aspect warriors. Another was killing several Howling Banshee's, and getting stronger with each blow dealt to him. Finally Marihana had enough, and with her executioner in hand, ran at the marine. An earsplitting screech erupted from her face mask, and the marine was momentarily buffered. The two exchanged blows, but the marine moved almost in slow-motion, and was taking worse and worse wounds. The marine still struggled on, but Marihana had endured his blight long enough, and in one swift movement, swung her executioner over her head and sliced his head from his shoulders. All around him, the story was the same. The new astartes who carried the plasma gun had his insides lacerated by a Harlequin's kiss, and another marine incinerated along with his bike by a crack shot from the Dark Reapers Exarch. Scores of eldar lay dead, but those not engaged in a fight were swiftly gathering the fallen's spirit's stones, to spare them from the clutches of the ravenous daemons of She Who Thirsts.

Meanwhile, Talkisa heard a crisp voice, inaudible to anyone else, but it was the challenge of a psyker. Talkisa turned, with his Singing Spear in hand "Fine Mon-keigh, have it your way!" The marine made the first move, but Talkisa had already seen it, hours before, in preparation for this fight. A swift downward strike with the sorcerers daemon weapon. But, as was typical of humans, the astartes seemed to move in slow motion, and Talkisa easily dogged it. He struck the marine across the back, breaking the backpack, but not breaching the skin. The marine spun around and lashed out again with his weapon, but Talkisa rose his Singing spear up and blocked the attack. The marine forced the weapon forwards, but Talkisa turned the blade aside, and struck the marines shoulder guard. Deep crimson flowed forth, and the marine became invigorated. He was now slightly faster, but still not as fast as Talkisa. More blows, and more counters. Never did the blade touch Talkisa, the warrior wielding it to slow and to rash to wield it effectively.

Another attack from the marine, but this one was aimed at Talkisa's left arm. Talkisa struck the blade with and equal force, and the two were forced away in a shower of sparks. "You have failed! She Who Thirsts will consume your soul also, and you will have earned nothing!" Talkisa roared, and released a current of etheric lightning. It struck the sorcerer square in the chest, and sent him sliding a couple of meters back. The marine, clearly enraged howled something back, and summoned his own power. But Talkisa had not been complacent, and had swiftly summoned an Eldrich Storm. The two powers met in mid-air and collided wit equal force. Talkisa's bolt driven by determination for his people, and the sorcerer's driven by selfish ambition and desires, the same desires that lead to the downfall of the eldar. Neither could best the other in raw power, but Talkisa had his armourments, which made all bar the eldar's, grip on the warp strenuous at best. Talkisa also had the skill of his powers being honed over thousands of years of training. Talkisa summoned all the powers at his command, and drove them towards the single objective, defeating the sorcerer. Even with the blessings of his "god", the marine couldn't hope to match Talkisa, and his lance of pure energy split the sorcerer and sent him smashing through a dozen trees. In the face of such raw power, the few remaining marines knew what fear was once again, and without the presence of their leader, they fled back to their base. Even as these events unfolded, a eerie laugher erupted in the distance. "Daemonettes" No one said, but they all knew what is was. "Fall back!" Talkisa cried out, and the eldar turned at one, and ran towards their "base". Several were cut down as they ran through the forest, but many narrowly evaded the ravenous claws and maws of the daemons. The eldar force poured as one through the webway gate, and fell into the safety of their real defense. Several Daemonettes barreled through aswell, some still clutching their would be victims. All were met with a hail of shuriken fire, and were sent back to the warp. Talkisa barreled through as one of the last, and as soon as the last eldar was through, the gate began to collapse. But even as their victory seemed imminent, a clawed hand reached through the gate, and swung around, vainly searching for a victim. Several eldar were knocked severl feet back, but one was caught in the things clawed grasp. "MILRAK!" Talkisa cried, and ran for his adept. Milrak was being dragged back through the gate by what could only be a Keeper of Secrets. Even as Talkisa reached him, his body was finished being dragged back through the gate, and instants later, it dissipated. Talkisa merely ran through a ruined webway gate, into more clearing. He dropped to his knee's and wept. He wept for his adept, he wept for his inevitable doom, and he wept for the other lost souls. Thirty had died, but only sixteen spirit stones had been reclaimed. Fourteen lost souls. They had succeeded, but at a terrible price. Talkisa merely lay there in the barren earth, crying out for it to take him, and wept for the lost souls...

·
Registered
601 Posts
Lucia checked how her Seraphim had managed. 4 casualties, not bad considering the number of Orks they had slain. 'I want a report of all wounds' she signalled to the Seraphim Superior. A quick nod was the answer.

'The Astartes have suffered more casualties than we did. We should join together, though communication from our part'll probably be hard.' she thought to herself. Then she suddenly saw a Necron kneeling over a wounded Astartes.

Quickly running towards him, inferno pistol ready to fire she aimed at the side of the head of the Necron at point-blank range. 'Witchcraft of some foul gods!' she thought to herself as she looked at the Necron. A big spider-like daemon came towards Lucia, appearing to attack her. Lucia looked at the creature, the rubies covering her eyes showing no emotion, whatsoever. The thing would probably understand she wouldn't flinch and would pull the trigger without hestitation. She took her Poweraxe in her other hand, keeping it ready. If the Spyder attacked she'd pull the trigger and use the axe to cut the Spyder in half...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Zeros was prepared once more to face the ork boss when he felt an axe bury itself into his chest, causing him to fall to one knee. The barrier protecting him had absorbed most of the momentum from the axe, his ceramite armor stopping the blade from actually reach his skin. Still, it knocked the wind from him nonetheless and the ork boss took advantage of the moment to kick him to the ground. Hearing the ork's words filled Zeros with rage but before he could react the ork fled. Just like aliens to cower away he thought to himself. Sitting up he grabbed the haft of the axe and pulled it from his armor, tossing it aside. As he was sitting up the strangest sight met him. He had met this enemy before and did not hesitate a moment to bring the lightning claw to the necron's throat, seeing a sister aiming a pistol at him as well from his peripheral vision. He had wounds yes, but his marine metabolism had caused what wounds there was to clot. He was a little sore as well but he had been through much worse before. "Tell me necron, why shouldn't i cut you down right here?", he replied after listening to it speak, spitting a clot of blood near it's feet as he stood up to his full height once more.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kiko's view
"First, dont call me a Necron, I am not one. I look like one, but I am not. How I ended up like this is a long story." Kiko gasped. "Two, I am still loyal to the emperor, three, if you harm Horatius , I will cut you down, I have a scythe and I am not afraid to use it, four, I have news you should hear, five, I could have killed you when you were down, six, Do you honestly think a lightning claw would hurt me that much?, and finally seven, If I was a real Necron, I would I have just one Spyder with me? No, I wouldn't, I would have a lot more." Kiko used his staff to raise himself up. "My name is Kiko, the Spyder, my companion, is Horatius, I found it in a field and repaired it, it has been helping me ever since." Kiko shot a glance at Horatius. " Horatius, stand down." He muttered. Horatius chirped once and backed off. Kiko sighed in relief.

HORATIUS
ALL THREATS ELIMINATED, SEARCHING FOR NEW TARGETS.......
TWO NEW TARGETS FOUND, INITIALIZING TARGETING PROGRAM
SCANNING TARGETS FOR WEAPONS
PRIORITIZING TARGETS
LOCKED ON
AWAITING FIRE COMMAND
MASTER DEFENSE PROTOCOL ACTIVATED
TIME TO TARGET DESTRUCTION 00:13
OVERRIDE ACTIVATED, CODE: STAND DOWN
TIMER STOPPED
BACKING OFF, AWAITING ORDERS
(Yes, that is how Horatius thinks.)

·
Registered
498 Posts
James got up, an Ork having attack him, he had shot it close range, ripping it off its feet.
Then he looked around himself, Carlos was dead, killed by an Ork.
'Crap, hey Alexander, you know any loyal Guard around here,' James yelled.
'Nope, its just us two now,' came the reply.
'Damn it,' James yelled as he pushed over a small Ork.
Then he looked over to see a Necron helping up Zeros, the Marine had his claw at the Necrons throat in an instant, a sister also had taken aim at the Syder thing, James thought it looked cute.
Just as Zeros was about to kill the Necron James walked into the conversation.
'I've heard rumours about Necrons in the hills, I'm pretty sure Kiko's right, I'd fight by his side for sure, but first, I need some help, Kiko, seeing as you're hopefully joining us, I've heard a rumour about these Necron Spyders being able to produce new Necrons, if so, I wouldn't mind you making a new one to replace my good mate Carlos.'

(OOC: I'm asking for a new Nec to be made because I'm kinda the guy with the lowest numbers at the moment, it's only a singular Necron, I'll let the GM decide what he wants to happen.)

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Borzkin got more backstory on the way, so. Just wanted to say BAZ, this is an amazing thread, I'm reping everyone I can for the awesome story we've created. Chaos dude, these Deffkopters will not interfer until after your duel has been decided with the Eldar dude, so don't worry. they are suppose to piss you off, hahahahaha!!!

“………………I’d fight by his side for sure, but first, I need some help, Kiko, seeing as you're hopefully joining us, I've heard a rumor about these Necron Spiders being able to produce new Necrons, if so, I wouldn't mind you making a new one to replace my good mate Carlos.”

As the humanz talked, three shadows sat nearby, one holding a crudely made dish, and another a radio transmitter. Miles away, Borzkin listened in on what the humanz were planning with his new toy his Meks had cooked up. Borzkin didn’t want to just leave the humanz without knowing what was happening to them. He was eager to learn a little about his prey; as he had seen Ghazghkull Thraka do to Yarrick so many years ago. As they progressed, Borzkins mind lit up like a light bulb. So many enemies, so many possible fights………… NO.

He realized he was getting off track from the real reason why he had come here. A couple years ago, at his moon base on Farsium, he had attempted to build a gargant for his future attacks on the humanz colonies. However, it required a certain, strong metal that his Meks said they needed. When Borzkin had learned about the battles on this planet, he realized that not only could he get a good fight, but also ascertain the metal he required. Even now in his new fortress camp that he had set up, his Gretchin were mining the metal as fast as they could. The gargants body had stored aboard his main Kruza, and was waiting to be transported down at his command.

Borzkin knew, however, that unless he removed some of his enemies that they would eventually find his precious gargant. Even the mountains on both sides of his camp couldn’t possible hid the towering figure the Gargant would become. He decided he would have to risk it anyway, for something within him burned to see the gargant in action; especially against the Chaos boyz ugly, pink daemon.

Drifting from his thoughts, Borzkin grew bored, and told his Kommandoes to follow the humanz. Borzkin had no need to worry about the Necron, for his scouts had believed they had found its tribez lair, the entrance being on the side of the mountain a little west of his fort.

De’m Necronz are not az deadly az they look. I wantz a rematch with da humanz boss. He thought back to his fight with the red warrior, for it had been one of the best he’d know till his own boyz had interfered. Borzkin had stomped some skull for getting in his way, but this had only fueled his boyz impatience. They wanted battle, the need for fighting driving some mad to the brink of unorkyness. But Borzkin had already seen this coming, for he himself wanted to get back in the fight.

The general rule of war for an ork is the use of brute force to overcome an obstacle, and Borzkin was no exception. Orks would use escalating brutality: meaning if they attacked once and failed, they’d come back with bigger, badder, stronger force and try again. Borzkin had tried a simple charge and a speed freak attack. This time, he rationalized, Iz should pound d’em from afar. He had called down his few Blood Axe clan members, as well as his lootas from his Kruza’s. His lootas had set right to work, stripping all the abandoned Leman Russ's, Chimeras, and even a few Basilisks and a Baneblade that lay across Truvia is droves from previous battles fought by the Imperium. Thought half of them barely worked, Borzkin decided to bring them anyway. The Blood Axes had humanz shootas in their posession, and had promised Borzkin they'd use them if they got to fight. Nothing made an ork laugh more than seeing another species shootas turned back on them.

Dis time, he thought, I will wait till da Chaos and humanz wear d’emselvez down, and den I will get me fight with dat red warrior. He chuckled aloud, startling some lootas that were fixing up the Banblade into his own personal battlewagon that he could lead from the front. Already he had dispatched his new Deffkopters to hassle the Chaos boyz that had left the safety of their fortress atop the hill. He would level it eventually, but Borzkin was no fool, knowing that attracting the attention of the daemon to his Kruza’s in orbit was a bad thing.

For now Iz will whatcha d'em, tease d'em, and den I will smash d’em all; Har Har Har.

·
Registered
91 Posts
All of a Sudden the life signs that he had picked up on began retreating, this confused Andrea, but he thanked the Emperor for the fortune he had been granted. He began to head out of the forest, he was walking due west from the centre of the planetary capital, he hoped he would find his fellow Blood Angels, as he left the forest, his scanners started going crazy, there was a large gathering of Life signs about 3 miles ahead of him, he picked up pace, as he drew closer to the readings he spotted a webway gate, Eldar, he hoped he would be able to befriend them, he knew he stood no chance fighting such a large battleforce of the Xenos beings, even on a good day he wouldnt get past the front line, he slowed to a slow walk hoping they wouldn't open fire on him, as he got within the range of their weapons he spotted the farseer seperated from the rest of the army, he knew if he could reach him that he might be able to reason with him and form some kind of allegiance. He circled round a large group of rocks to bring himself as close as possible to the farseer without being in open ground, as soon as he could get no closer without being open to fire he stepped into the open, as he did so he activated his Vox-Caster and bellowed in his cold metallic voice 'I come to discuss with you an allegiance, if you do not believe me, you have my permission to enter my mind and check my intentions, or if you so choose, open fire on me now, i have made my peace with the emperor, but if you are willing to discuss an allegiance with me, tell your men to lower their weapons' all he could do now was hope.

·
Registered
542 Posts
After flying through the forest. Myr was exhausted from the psykic battle with the Farseer. Dragging himself to his feet, Myr began to think about what he would do now. If he returned to the Gate, the Keeper of Secrets would most likely consume his soul for failing, but if he stayed in the forest he risked the Eldar, orkz, and Imperial lapdogs finding him. Attempting to take his first step, Myr realised just how much damage the Eldar had done to him. Collapsing after his second step, began to pull himself up when he herd his remaining bikers drive away. Those bastards are going to leave me here?!
Mr yelled at the top of his three lungs, hoping to get his men's attention. But they couldn't here him. Dragging himself to at tree, Myr laid his Blissgiver across his lap while readying his pistol. Myr then removed his helmet and placed it next to him. It's been to long since I've seen a world with my own eyes. Myr then began to wait for something to come by, unsure if he would shoot at it or not.

The Keeper of Secrets sat upon his throne, waiting for the humans to return. In the distance he heard the rumble of engines. Thats only three engines. I wonder what happed to them... the daemon smiled. Coming in through the gate the daemon noticed that Myr was not one of the riders returning.
"Where is your Sorcerer?"
"We do not know, my Lord. He was fighting the Eldar leader, but the Farseer launched him into the forest. It was then that we fled." Riinus said.
"I see..." the daemon hissed. "Myr's over confidence probably just lost us the planet."
"As did your, my lord" Vega growled.
"You dare insult me you insect! How did I fail here? Myr led the failed assault!" Roared the daemon.
"You approved of the assault, which means you underestimated the Eldar also!" Vega yelled.
The daemon grabbed Vega and threw him into the warp gate.
"Argue with Slaanesh!" roared the Keeper.
After a long wait, the Daemon ordered the last two bikers to find Myr, and bring him before himself.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Talkisa sat on his knees. He had to bring himself up. The eldar were good at mobilizing themselves for war, it being the sole purpose of their day to day lives, but without his leadership, it would not coalesce into a co-ordinated attack. The eldar would not go without him, and he would not leave without giving the dead their respects. The spirit stones had be carried back to the craftworld, and would be inserted into the infinity circuit at dawn. There still was one decision to be made. The young king. The Counsel of war had passed their vote, and the avatar would be awoken. Now all that remained was to decide on the young king. Talkisa had been mulling it over ever since the first assault had been declared. Kaldas would carry that honour. He had served the craftworld faithfully,even before Talkisa's time. But his skin was crumpled like burnt paper, and his limbs were losing strength, he would not endure much longer. This was to be his last honour. Talkisa's mind snapped to as he heard the heavy trudge of metallic feet. His eyes burned with rage, if anyone DARED assault the eldar, they could take them from him. He stood upright, and his spear blazed with psychic energy. A Dreadnought of the Astartes stood before him. His mind reached out and called the guardians to man their weapons, and prepare to fire. The Dreadnought supported wicked talons, and an impressive pair of weapons. Still, D-Cannons and Vibro-cannons would tear his adimantium hull to shreds.

Suddenly, a cold life-less metalic voice boomed from the Dreadnought. "I come to discuss with you an allegiance, if you do not believe me, you have my permission to enter my mind and check my intentions, or if you so choose, open fire on me now, I have made my peace with the emperor, but if you are willing to discuss an allegiance with me, tell your men to lower their weapons." Talkisa did not care whether his intentions we in fact true, he had no choice here, he was but one machine against a race ancient beyond belief. "No" "What?" The Dreadnought uttered with a tone that might have been confusion once, but now was a mere metallic rasp. "We will not stand down. This is our land, and we own it. We owned it before your kind had even crawled onto the earth Mon-keigh! We will negotiate a allegiance, but we will do so on my terms. Will you comply?" Talkisa spoke with a nameless and ancient authority, but it was his, and his had burnt out stars, leveled mountain ranges, and now it demanded to co-operation of this Dreadnought...

·
Registered
91 Posts
Andrea was shocked at the Farseers response, he had always seen the Eldar as a relatively understanding race. But at least the farseer was willing to discuss an allegiance, He responded to the farseer 'I know i have no choice but to agree to your terms, so, i feel i should know, what are your conditions or allegiance' he hesitated 'my friend', he looked at the Eldar fleet standing behind the Farseer, they were all primed to fire, and he was the target, he knew the farseer would rather have him as an ally, then have him destroyed. Even if he wouldnt admit it.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
The Farseer dropped his guard. The Dreadnought seemed to agree to his allegiance. Farseer spoke, but not out-loud, into the mind Kaldas. "Old one" Talkisa used this term, as Kadras was even older than himself, and most of the eldar on Ulthwe. "You have the honour. You have lived you're life well, and served you're craftworld well. We are honoured. And so we will honour you. You will be the Young King!" There was a silence. "I am honoured, Seer. I will serve you well one last time." "You have" Talkisa severed the conversation, and Kaldas headed towards the webway gate. The Farseer laughed, but it was a hollow laugh. One of pain, and suffering, but one of new birth and deliverance. 'What is you're name?" Talkisa asked, and the Dreadnought responded. "Well, Knight of Sanguinius, follow me. A ritual ha been prepared to summon the Avatar, and then we will march to war against She Who Thirsts. You should know this denizen as Slaanesh" Even to invoke the real name of their foe sent a shudder down his spine. He turned and walked slowly towards the webway gate, the Dreadnought in toe "You're kind has fought She Who Thirsts before. In fact, many times. Now there is a gate open here, a..." Talkisa searched for the right words, in the language of the Mon-keigh "...warp gate. Daemons have poured through, and threaten to tear this world apart. One of their Keepers is here. A Greater Daemon. There is no way to know for definite way to tell how long it will be open for, but there is a way we can usher in it's closure. If we can beat the Daemons, make them fail and falter, She Who Thirsts will become displeasured with her servants, and put her energies elsewhere. Then the gate will close, and then we can restore this world." Talkisa turned as he reached the Warp Gate, and faced the Dreadnought. He had said a lot and now wished for his 'ally' to speak. Still, there was work to be done, and Talkisa ushered his huge form through the warp gate. The resplendent light of the Craftworld poured over him, and the Dreadnought began to speak. Talkisa listened to the ancient marine, but still took in the blissful sights and sounds of his home...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
(That's fine Snowy)

Zeros couldn't help but let the smirk cross his lips, the claw still held to his neck. "You underestimate me. If I so wanted it, that would have been your last gasp.", Zeros replied in a cold voice, hearing whatever he was gasping between spouts of speech. The remainder of Zeros' men had surrounded them, their weapons trained between the necron and the spyder. Years upon years of honed training saw to it that their guard was never down, nevertheless when they were in the midst of what could be a threat. Not to mention the sister training both her weapons between the necron and the spyder. "I have no interest in allying myself with you. If there weren't greater threats unfolding as we speak I would cut you down where you stand, for though you claim to be loyal to the Emperor, you are tainted with the necrons' technology. I will let you live but do not mistaken for one moment that I won't end you if you stand between me and my objective."

With that, Zeros let the claw recede into his gauntlet. It wasn't a normal lightning claw as some might perceive it and that was just fine with him. The more they underestimated him the more it would cost them in the end. Without a word the remainder of his men followed suit as he headed back into the forest, stopping for the briefest of moments to pick up his thrown pistol. He would need to regroup and draw support from the fleet hovering in orbit. He had preparations to make. Not only could he feel the foul presence of chaos on the planet but he had orks and necrons to deal with as well. By the time he was done, Zeros would make sure that the planet was wiped clean of the alien filth and taint of chaos. Returning the way he came, Zeros moved back to the outcrop of buildings he had first stumbled across when investigating the planet. Directing some of the men to set up a perimeter he drew up a plan with the sergeant of the assault team. Pressing the com-bead in his neck he made contact with the ship in orbit, arranging more troops and some heavy support to be brought down to the surface.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kiko watched Zero go. when his back was turned, Kiko's middle finger shot up. Horatius chirped once. "I know that I shouldn't have done that, but mark my words, one of these days that stuck up Astares is going to bite off more than he can chew, and when he falls, I will be there, to laugh at him, to make him suffer." Kiko muttered as he turned to the imperial guardsmen. "You gonna do the same to me?" Kiko asked as he twirled his scythe. Kiko's scythe suddenly fired several times at a tree near Zero, The tree suddenly had the words carved into it
"Watch your back, Don't ever go out alone, for we will be waiting."
K & H

He waited until Zero turned around to look, then he whirled around, and cut a tree in half. while it was falling, he cut it again and again, to the point it was in ribbons when it hit the ground.

Kiko turned back to the Guardsmen. "Going to follow them, or do you still want my help?" he asked. "Do you stay loyal, or do you ask a tainted one for help? Choose carefully."

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
As Zeros had been walking into the forest, he heard the necron yell at him. The alien crossbreed could say what he wanted. He heard the shots fired from teh scythe before he saw the words on the tree and yet he did not flinch. He was astartes. He did not know fear and never would. It wasn't in his blood. He would pause just for a moment to see the words on the tree before having continued on towards the buildings he had visited before. It would take more then a cheap parlor trick to instill anything even remotely resembling fear in him. A light smirk played across his lips as he continued onwards, more pressing matters at hand then a confused necron that somehow became crossed with an imperial citizen.

·
Registered
102 Posts
"You know what, screw this, I have better things to do then sit here and taunt a prick." Kiko muttered. he turned to the Guardsmen "I am off now, you may see me again, or may not. If you don't see me again, I might be dead, or I may be hiding somewhere. Just don't forget, I can contact you when I get Horatius's long range comunication working. If you need a favor from me or if you want me to fight beside you, I will. if you have long range communication systems, contact me when you need me, I will come. For you, and your squad. Not for the Astares, not for anyone else." He turned away. "Until then, farewell." He sprinted away, Horatius behind him. He stopped running a short distance away, and hacked into the Astares comn system, using Horatius's short range comn system to broadcast this simple message. "This isn't over, Zero."

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
Zeros was in the middle of talking with his sergeant when there was a brief break in the comm link. Hearing the brief message come across the line, Zeros simply shook his head, nearly feeling sorry for whatever the once human had become. He had made sure after such a brief annoyance, he would leave the necron to its business. Surely there were plenty of jungle predators that would see to the end of the being and if not them, then perhaps the orks or forces of chaos would put an end to him. If Zeros got lucky, perhaps all three would come together in some fashion and two of the groups would be wiped out, leaving him the easy task of cleaning up the third. But luck was only something the foolhardy believed in and Zeros made plans based on the cold hard facts that had presented themselves.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kiko ran until he was far away from Zero, from everything. He found a village, and before long, all of the village's inhabitants were dead, there bodies disintegrating to the wind. He destroyed the village, walking away from the blazing village with a can of spray paint in one hand, a chainsword liberated from an Imperial Guardsmen who had been guarding the village. His Scythe was strapped to his back He sat down in the middle of a moorland, and held up his Phylactery. Scarabs poured out, fixing Horatius's systems battle ready again.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The Necron version of Carlos lifted himself to his feet.
'Necron, from now on, your name is Carlos,' James commanded.
'Yes my lord,' responded the Necron in a harsh raspy voice.
'Just call me James,' he ordered again.
'Yes my lo... James,' the Necron answered.
Then he heard the sound of the argument between Kiko and Zeros. It didn't end well.
James watched the Necron go.
'I know you're still loyal to the Emperor, don't put my trust wrongly or I'll teach you what a Hot-shot does to a Necron,' James said after him.

He was disappointed in how the meeting had gone, they had lost an ally and had the Witch Hunters watching their backs, James turned to the nearest one.

'So Sister, what is on this planet that brings you here,' he said, knowing not to tread wrong, for he doubted Alexander could cope on his own.

41 - 60 of 125 Posts