Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The blanket of night had fallen across Truvia V. The nocturnal life had just begun to stir, predators leaving their dens to hunt while prey wearily traversed the dense jungles scrounging for food or perhaps moving their own den to a new location. One could never be too safe. One of the indigenous lifeforms, an antelope like creature, gazed up through a patch in the dense forest growth and into the night sky. Stars shown brightly on the clear night. Tonight was one of the few nights out of the ear where both of the stars that Truvia V orbited around aligned so there was complete darkness. Normally one of the stars would cast a dim light over the land, keeping the nocturnal animals to limited activity. As the animal continued to gaze skyward it would notice three traces in the sky burning bright and descending towards the surface at a rather rapid speed. As the traces in the night sky descended closer and closer the deer-like animal darted away, seeing that the shapes were now heading straight for the slight opening in the dense jungle fauna.

The earth shook as three new craters were implanted onto the planet's surface. The hinges blew off the blood red drop pods, stepping from the first was a figure reminiscent of the creatures known as vampires from the legends of ancient terra. His shoulder length raven hair ruffled lightly in the slight breeze that snaked its way through the terrain. Two orbs of ice blue gazed out from a regal face, scanning the immediate area for any threats. Five more warriors emerged from the pod, one carrying a plasma gun, the rest carrying bolt pistols and chainswords, their heads hidden by helmets. From the second drop pod emerged another six man squad, bolters drawn and at the ready, fanning out and taking up positions. From the third pod emerged a seven man company of blood angels, all with jump packs. All but one carried chainswords and bolt pistols, both held at the ready. The sergeant in the squad carried a power axe and plasma pistol.

Zeros turned to his right, looking to one marine holding an auspex. "Tyr, what's the readings?", the cold voice piercing the silence that had suddenly fallen over the area. "All clear, sir.", came the vox enhanced reply. "Very well. Our target is 30 kilometers south by southwest. That is the last known location of any imperial regiments and we shall be looking for any survivors. The insight they have into the situation could prove....useful.", Zeros' voice trailing off as he gazed for a moment to the south. "We'll clean up what the guard made a mess of, bring these rebellious dogs to heel and be on our way.", came the short curt statement before all three squads headed towards a sub city southwest of the main capital. As Zeros moved with the squads, his movements seemed slightly distorted, like an out of focus picture.

·
Registered
498 Posts
The night decended, it had been a long day, James and his two squadmates had been trekking through rugged bush and shrub and had just come across a little building.
'Alexander, give me a report,' James said, while stalking through the night.
'We're about thirty kliks away from were our regiment was last seen,' replied Alexander as he looked at his Auspex, his hand always on his laspistol.

James and his squad weren't in the best shape.
James only had his equipment on him and about a days worth of rations left.

Alexander carried an Auspex, his lucky Laspistol and his Hot-Shot Lasgun.

Carlos wore his Long-bladed Knife and carried his Hot-Shot Lasgun with a scope.

James heared the jingle of Carlos's Knife against his armour and turned to him
'I thought I told you to get a holster for that Knife before we jumped town,' James whispered.
'Sorry James,' Carlos replied, 'I was too busy dodging all those bullets.'
'Very funny Carlos,' replied James.

James and his men kept walking, the hut they had found was infested with rats so they moved on.
Alexander hurried over to James.
'James, I'm picking up signatures on the Auspex, by the size of 'em, I'd say that they were Marines.'

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kiko strolled along a mountain track, whistling happily to himself, a sack over his back. he was on the way home from a day at work, when he rhythmic thudding. he stopped to listen. It grew louder and louder. he looked around and saw a flash of silver. It was the last he saw before he was knocked out.

When Kiko awoke, it was in a chamber made of some unknown metal, strapped to a table. He heard the thudding of approaching footsteps. "Space Marines? No, they wouldn't have to knock me out, there are no orks here, chaos space marines? I doubt it, they wouldn't be in a place like this." Kiko thought "Oh fuck, that means that have to be........ NECRONS!!!!!!!" As if to confirm his hypothesis, two skeletal figures made of the same metal appeared, carrying with them another body, apparently not finished. "I wonder what they are going to do." he thought, then a horrible realization struck him. "FUCK!" a swift blow to the head knocked him back into unconsciousness........

Kiko awoke, but something felt different. he didnt know what they had did to him, he remembered it only in brief, feverish visions. he remember pain, pain like he had never felt before, and screams, most likely his. He rose, but the fulll relization of what they had did to him struck him only when he saw his hand. "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!" He screamed, and lashed out, his fist smashing into a necron holding out kind of scythe. the necron crumpled to the floor, its face caved in. Kiko scooped the scythe off the floor. he studied it, and found what he was looking for. he pointed the staff at a door, and fired. the door disintegrated, its atoms flayed apart. he sprinted through the door, bracing himself for a fight.............

What felt like years later, he burst into the night, free at last. His armor had scratches and parts were missing, but he was free. He knew he was lucky to be in one piece. In one hand he clutched his scythe, in the other he had some form of charm that he had scooped away from a defeated lord. He knew he probably looked like one of the first necrons he saw, but he didn't want to find out. he wandered through several fields, finding nothing interesting until the 4th field. in it was a wreck of a spider like creature. he crept closer, but drew back when he heard voices and footsteps.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The silence of the night was shattered by the sound of ten chaos space marine bikes. Crushed vegetation in their wake. Atop these bike were marines of the Emperor's Children Legion. All of them were whooping and howling at the top of their lungs, adding to the noise created.
Over the vox, Myr told his men what the plan was.
"We're going to need sacrificial lambs for the ceremony." Myr said calmly, "Where is the nearest Imperial populace?"
"You mean those dongs are still alive?" asked Riinus, amazement in his voice.
"If they are still alive the won't be for long!!" exclaimed Tellohs slicing the air with his power ax.
"Shut up you damn warp spawns! I will not be sent to the Palace again for failing!" Myr shouted.
"Speaking of the Palace of Slaanesh, what's so bad about it? I hear it fulfills your every desire." asked Misdow.
"Depends of what your 'desires' are..." Myr answered.
"You must have some strange fetishes then, Sorcerer" Misdow chuckled.
Myr ignored his fellow bikers jokes thinking of how he would manage to complete his task before the Imperium sent in the real reinforcements.
"Hold!" Myr suddenly commanded raising his hand.
The bikers slid to a halt, listening...but only hearing chirping crickets.
"What is it?"
"I feel something...it feels wrong..." Myr said cautiously getting off his bike searching the area.
The others readied their weapons and began to follow the Sorcerer. After a few minutes Myr felt the feeling dissipate. Got back on his bike and continued to ride, knowing full well what he had almost encountered.

They were in the presence of a Blank.

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Twilight was in full swing over Truvia V, but all was not silent. To the west of the main capital, the Arbites HQ had been leveled and then long since abandoned, anything of use taken by the upstart rebels and used to break the capital. However, life still stirred in this desolate wasteland. Under the cover of dusk, wave serpents had descended to this arid landscape, and preparations had begun. Bonesingers had begun to weave their magics and were creating webway portals, and small guardians squads he set up heavy weapons platforms to repel any rebels, invaders or hostels that might stumble across this upstart base. These preparations were almost complete, and the webway portal shimmered with energy, and the bonesingers sang the few last syllables need to craft the wraithbone into a stable structure. As all the pieces came together, the gap between the arcs became like that of a mirror, and through it stepped Farseer Talkisa. He reviewed the nights sky with a kind of reverence that only the Eldar could understand. Not long after Talkisa, his warlock bodyguards broke the clean surface of the portal. Soon more eldar were coming through. Mostly more guardians and Dire Avengers, the basic foot soldiers of the Eldar, but also units of Swooping Hawks, Striking Scorpions, Warp Spiders and Dark Reapers. Talkisa Stood in the middle of his kin preparing for war, and let his mind rest upon the barrier of real-space and the 'Warp' as it was so commonly called. The Bonesingers, the portal constructed, made ready with crafting other slender buildings for the use of the Eldar.

"Seer" a voice came from behind. It was Milrak, one of Talkisa's aides. "You have yet to revel to us why we are here. If I may ask, would you tell us now?" Milrak asked this not only for himself, but for the benefit of the whole war host gathered here. Talkisa, still facing outwards withdrew himself into his body and responded "Milrak, the paths of the future are many and ever changing. The ancients are here, as are the greenskins, and I feel that out defiled kin are also to take the stage. Thus, all the actors are present, and their threat many-fold. Should any prevail, Ulthwé shall suffer." He spun on his heel to face his adept who was still wrestling with the cryptic words of the Farseer. "Are you not a warlock? Can you not scry the future? I have seen manifold threats that this world poses. To ask why are we here is the wrong question. The true question you should ask yourself is can we afford not to be here?" He paused and sensed that his aide had a slight hold on his meaning. A wordless argument passed between them, the Farseer's wisdom and concern battling with the young warlocks restlessness. "Yes my Seer. I apologize." His adept finally announced. Talkisa placed a hand on his shoulder "Young one, there is much you still have to learn, and many things you will yet see. Trust that I know the best for our people, and for this world." His adept nodded and bowed. Talkisa turned and faced the forest once again. They weren't yet ready, and so could not charge blindly out into the wilderness. However, he would need some intel. "Kaldas!" The Farseer shouted. the Exarch of the Striking Scorpions jogged over to him. "I would ask you and your men to scout the forest. See where our enemies lay, and what they may be preparing. "Yes Seer!" The eldar simply responded, and called his men over to him, and they dived silently and swiftly into the forest. The Farseer looked once again back to the sky, knowing that somewhere up there The Wrath of Khaine sat, sheathed in an invisible cloak and waiting like a dagger for the moment to strike. Behind him, there base was almost half completed, and they would be ready to move by morning. Now, Talkisa allowed his mind to delve into the aether, and hunted the strands of the future, hoping to find information about the most immediate threat to them...

·
Registered
601 Posts
A bright orange thunderhawk landed, as night came.
When the doors of the Thunderhawk opened with a hiss a lady with Ruby-inlaid eyes and red robes over het orange power armour came out. Behind her 7 battle sisters came out, 3 equipped with scoped bolters, one with a flamer, one with a melta gun and one imagifer in their middle. The sister superior wearing a hammer-shaped power weapon and a plasma pistol.
Behind those battle sisters 15 Seraphim came walking out. 11 carrying dual boltpistols, the superior wearing a spear-type powerweapon, one carrying inferno pistols and 2 carrying hand flamers.

'Let's move! There are witches on this planet!' she signed with her hands. Her vow to remain in complete silence for the rest of her life preventing her from yelling orders.

While the last Seraphim jumped off the ramp the Thunderhawk rose up into the sky, with loads of noise. When the noise died out they could hear all kinds of noises. Looking at the skies they could see some drop pods falling down. The auspex carried by the imagifer showed life signs came out of the droppod. 19 to be precise. 'Marines' came the handsign. 'Let's go there. I don't want mistakes to miss witches!' came the answer from Lucia.
Then the sisters set foot towards the directions the drop pods came.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kiko crept towards the spider like machine. after spending a minitue or two deciding the threat level of whoever owned the voice*, he decided it was worth investigating the spider. He crept closer, and he began to see some details. It was a big as a space marine attack bike, and made of the same cursed metal he was. He reached out to touch it, but his finger jumped back when his charm started to vibrate. he dropped the charm and jumped back. it landed on the Spider, and when it did, countless little insect like things came out, swarming over it. "It looks like they are repairing it." Kiko thought. "I hope I don't have to fight it."

The insect finished repairing the spider in mintues. when they were done, they swarmed back into the charm. Kiko scooped it up, and jumped back when he noticed the Spider had risen to its feet. It was 6 feet tall, and 4 feet across.** Its eye glowed with a green light. "Oh shit." Kiko breathed. He knew one of those legs could punch a hole through his body. He tensed himself for a fight, but the Spyder stood still, analyzing him. suddenly, its eye flashed once, and Kiko dove for the attack that never came.

*Insert another group here
**Guesstimate

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
(you can still join emperorshand)

The squads of blood angels moved along at a rapid pace, eating up kilometer after kilometer. Zeros kept a constant watch for anything that might try to surprise him and his men while Tur kept another eye on the auspex. Soon the marines had come upon a small outcrop of cement buildings. The were almost bunker-like in appearance. Sergeant Vonreuter and the other assault marines used their jup packs to boost them up atop the flat roofs, taking up a couple sniping positions as the remainder of the squads went through each building giving all clear signs as each was inspected to find nothing but rats and other vermin.

As his men where analyzing the area and making sure there were no immediate threats, Zeros continued down the main street, now broken and covered with ash and dirt. Something caught his eye and he knelt down to take a closer look. They were footprints and judging by the size and shape, from imperial guardsman. Zeros estimated that they had to be fairly fresh and that whoever made the prints had to be close by. Standing up straight once more, he voxed to his men, "Be on the lookout for three guard, they can't be too far from here.", Zeros' gaze wandering further downt the broken road to more buildings collected in a denser pattern.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The chaos bike squadron broke out of the forest to find them selfs overlooking a small Imperial settlement.
"Victims." smiled Myr.
Flying down the hill Myr could see what looked citizens scattering and running into their homes. Finally reaching the street, Myr seven of his men to bring as many humans as possible to the city square. Meanwhile Myr began to make preparations while Tellohs and Misdow covered him.
"So what exactly are you trying to do, Myr?" asked Misdow.
"I'm trying to find favor with the Prince of Pleasure, and in doing so, gain his...'favors'."
"So, it's obvious were sacrificing the people, but what exactly are Slaanesh's favors?" Misdow questioned, "I mean will he send daemons, more Noise Marines or will he gift us with more powerful abilities?"
Myr couldn't help but smile,they cannot begin to fathom what is taking place here and now."We'll see, for now we must hope that our Lord accepts this gift."
In the distance Myr could see his men leading a large mob of people to the square.
And so it begins.

·
Registered
498 Posts
James, Alexander and Carlos stalked through the jungle, they were trying to be silent, but they still rustled leaves and snapped branches, on several occastions the rearguard marines turned and inspected the trees, but they must have dismissed it as just the wild life, finally after kilometres of walking the Marines came to a stop and James could finally see their armour, it was blood red.
Imperial Marines
Just as James was about to walk out he heard the sound of Jump Packs, two sets, he knew one of them was the Marines, he just couldn't place the other set of Packs.
More Marines?
It didn't really matter, all that did matter was getting home and having a mug of Scotch.
He stepped out of the forest, his Hot-shot lasgun slung over his back and his hands raised for the sky.
He saw the Marines on look out look straight at him.
'I'm a friendly,' James shouted, hoping that if he was killed or captured his squadmates would be able to get away.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Lucia moved, followed by her fellow sisters. A seraphim came forward, signalling to stop. Lucia looked around and could see two Seraphim moving towards a corpse. 'Imperial Guard, dead for about a day or 2, maybe 3' came the handsign. Lucia nodded and moved on. Now they had to be extra careful. There was danger here and it could strike again.

After moving about an hour Lucia could see some bright flashes through the sky as they moved up. 'Speed up, we're closing in on them!' she signalled and after that she started running. The marines had to know about the witches on this planet...

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Zeros's ears perked up at the sound of rustling leaves coming from behind him, his hand reaching to his pistol at his side, drawing and turning in less then a heartbeat, the pistol aimed right at an imperial soldier. Hearing what the man said, Zeros still did not lower his weapon. His many years at war taught him that laxity rewarded nothing but death. Walking towards the man, his icy blue eyes seeming to bore right through him as he spoke in a commanding yet still graceful voice, "Tell your men to come forward if they don't want to be shot." Two of the marines on the rooftops had the pistols trained on what to a normal person would seem like nothing but the edge of the forest, but the marinesl enhanced senses let them pick out the two imperial soldiers remaining in cover.

·
Registered
102 Posts
"Why isn't it attacking?" Kiko wondered. "Oh well, its time to get out of here." He turned and ran, the Spyder following him. He heard more voices, and he saw something big and armored. "Astares, fuck they will butcher me if they see me or the Spyder." Kiko thought. "Oh well." he slowed down, and the Spyder slowed down as well. "Stay here you big oaf." Kiko hissed to the Spyder. Oddly enough, it obeyed. "Odd." Kiko thought "Oh well, no time to think of that now." he jogged over to where he last saw the flash of red armor.....

·
Registered
91 Posts
5-4-3-2-1 Launch

As the Drop Pod plummeted to the planet below, Andrea thought through all of the past battles he had taken part in, and started to become angry with himself at all of the battle brothers he had allowed to die when it shouldve been him. he then started thinking about his lost Primarch and how he shouldve died alongside him.

As the doors on his drop pod fell open, the locks holding the dreadnought in place unbolted as they were supposed to, releasing the hulking Behemoth onto the surface of the planet, he ran basic system checks, all checks came back green, he was in perfect running order. he scanned the surrounding area, there were no living creatures within the surrounding area, he was safe for now

·
Registered
542 Posts
On the outskirts of the 'city', Myr could see the orangeish-red glow of jump packs though brief he knew that the were a Marines.
When the remainder of his marines arrived, Myr ordered them into a defensive semi-circle facing the way that the jump-packs were used.
Returning his attention to the people, Myr began to order the to stand a different way. One of them, a middle aged man began to speak up.
"Why are you doing this?! We rebelled against the Imperium, even fought off a Guardsmen Regiment. So why are you going to kill us?"
Sighing deeply Myr responded to the little man's protest.
"You rebelled and kill the one's you once served and for that I thank you. On the same token, you should be gracious that I am allowing you to unite with Prince of Chaos. You will forever be with him."
The man opened his mouth to speak again, but before he could Myr invaded his mind, flooding it with more pleasure than it could handle, the man's body spasmed before finally going limp. Looking up to the now horrified crowed, Myr continued to move the people to form the shape he wanted (The Mark of Slaanesh).
Pink energies began to form around the people and the were frozen still. Myr began to recite in a tongue none understood. The people slowly rose to the sky before plummeting into the ground.

(OOC: I'll let you decide If I manage to open the Warp Gate.)

·
Registered
498 Posts
James saw the Marines training their weapons on his head
Arkward and uncomfortable
He turned to the bushes.
'Guys come out,' he said.
Carlos and Alexander trudged out of the bushes. Like a couple of children that had been found during a game of hide and seek.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
For an ork about to find battle, Borzkin found himself feeling rather awkward. It was unorky to feel fear, yet many things had disturbed Borzkin since he had landed on this rock a day ago.

Initially, Borzkin had parked his Morkz Vengeance in high orbit, intending on a simple pillaging of resources so he could sell them later. Unfortunately, as soon as he landed, his Mek boyz back on ship reported Imperial boyz Kruza pulling into orbit. He was ecstatic, ‘more fight ‘in for da boyz’ he thought. Then, later that night his Kommandos had reported seeing a Necron boyz running around, Chaos boyz doing something unnatural on top of a hill, and Imperial boyz sneaking through the forest. At first Borzkin was delighted with the news, for this meant some proper fighting was in hand. “Enough with da sneak ‘in around,” he thought, “it's time to take da fight ‘in to da enemies.”

Borzkin decided to chase after the Chaos boyz, and therefore had moved his boyz towards the hill that his Kommandoes had reported them on. Borzkin had a longtime beef between them when he has almost been defeated by a warp denizen onboard his ship. He knew that his boyz would be more than enough to take out the Chaos boy. He relished the thought, the juicy idea of fighting worthy prey that would provide good sport. Like his favorite hero, Tuska da Daemon-Killa, Borzkin liked nothing more than pitting his strength against something that was better than he was and coming out on top. He cuold see them now, a small group of marines running around moving humanz into a wierd shape. 'Funny,' he thought, and turned to address his warriors behind him.

“Alright you lot, lissen up, cos we got us a proper scrap to look forward to now. No more of dis sneak ‘in around, were gonnaz march up dat hill there, and you will see wot we came here ta kill. Wot I wanna see is a good ‘ard charge. Not ‘in fancy, cause I grim da first ork who steps outa line into da dust.”

He turned started to gather speed, for running in the new armor his Mek boyz had created was a little rough. As he reached a full out run, he saw the hill light up momentarily in a shade of pink. Then he saw people rise in to the air before suddenly plummeting into the ground in a shade of blood. ‘I’m gladz I brot me weirdboyz with me,’ he thought for he recognized the sorcery that often made a good fight unfair. Behind him he saw that his boyz were slowing, disturbed by what they had seen. He shouted at them, “Wot all youz doing, last one therez a stink’in panzy, hahahaahahahahahah.” Bursting from the tree line at full speed, Borzkin roared his war cry and let loose at the Chaos Marines with his suits gun, knowing that this was going to be a good fight.

When I say Imperial boyz BloodAngelZero, I mean the Imperial Guard, Borzkins Kommandoes are good, but they haven’t detected your space marine’s presence yet. Neither the Eldar’s.

·
Registered
542 Posts
The bodies smashed into the ground, creating a purplish gassy color.
"The Warp Gate will open shortly then-"
Myr was cut off by gun shots ricocheting off his armor.
Charging down the hill, was a group of Orkz. Myr shook his head sadly.
"Misdow, Daunte,Churgon and I will stay here to defend the Gate." Myr ordered, his men already moving, "Riinus, Tellohs, Hahemipu, Hakor, Amadeaus, you will circle around the Orkz, wait until they are upon us in close combat before you move in and slaughter.
In unison the Chaos Bikers cried, "Children of the Emperor! Death to his foes!" Before moving to their assigned locations.
"Misdow, move to the top of that building."
"Yes my lord."
This is for interfering with my works!
Myr raised his hand and a golden cloud mists (Wind of Chaos) about 3 ft. in front of the charging Orkz. Most of the Orkz run into it and feel each of their nerves alight with pain, the begin to spasm on the floor in agony.
When the cloud dissipated, Misdow had mad it to the top of the building and began firing with his plasma gun.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Kiko cocked his head. He heard a fight in the distance. he sprinted back to where the Spyder was, and whispered. "come on, lets go." the Spyder obeyed. Kiko and his Spyder charged towards the fighting, Kiko in the lead, his Scythe cutting through foliage with ease. The Spyder followed behind. he saw what was happening. most of the Orks were on the ground spasming in pain, and chaos space marines flanking and preparing to destroy the orks. he noticed some of the Chaos Space Marines stayed back. "A gate!" Kiko thought. "I don't like Orks, but I hate chaos." he thought. He charged towards the Chaos Space marines, Bellowing at the top his lungs. "DIE CHAOS SCUM!!!!" he fired a couple of times aiming the chaos space marines flanking the orks. The Spyder was behind him, firing, its one eye alight. "That thing is horrible shot." Kiko thought. "Then again, I am barely better."

1 - 20 of 125 Posts