Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kathius IV, a doomed moon under the control of the Archenemy. Abandonded by the Imperial forces on Kathius I, the remaining resistance is dropping.

However, the Adeptus Astartes intend to even the odds. Seven Chapters are nearby the Kathius system, and send whatever forces they can spare to Kathius IV.

Unfortuantly, each chapter can only spare a few squads. Seven. Seventy Astartes is still a huge amount, but will it be enough to bring down the Archenemy entrenched on Kathius IV?

First came the Ultramarines, Proud Creaters of the Codex Astartes, sending One squad of the 2nd Company. Second came the Salamanders, deploying their Tactical squad alongside their Ultramarine brothers. Third came the Space Wolves, most barbaric and noble of the legions of he first founding, sending a Wolf Guard Pack, and the Companies' Wolf Lord, Oric Bloodblane. Fourth, came the staunch Imperial Fists, producing a Devastator Squad, proud heirs of Rogal Dorn himself. Fifth appeared the Blood Angels, an Assault Squad intent on fighting the enemy at close quaters. The Sixth Chapter to answer the call was the Iron Hands, dispatching ten Terminators of the first Company. Finally, stalking through the Shadows came the Raven Guard, the scions of Corax, boasting ten Assault Marines from Captain Shaan's Fourth Company.
~Introduction to the Kathius IV Crusade​

ORIC BLOODBANE'S THUNDER Hammer tore itself out of the simulation of the Khorne Bezerker, and noticed a Thrall-Servitor standing by.

"My Lord," The Thrall-Servitor droned. "The Forces that you have requested are here. Ultramarines, Raven Guard, Blood Angels, Salamanders, Imperial Fists and Iron Hands are awaiting your command."

"Good," snapped Bloodbane, disengaging from the combat simulation and turning to face the Thrall-Servitor. The Thrall-Servitor left the Combat Simulation and Bloodbane spat into his vox furiously. "Greetings, brothers. Normally I would make a speech but now is not the time. You have answered my call and now I demand your names, Sergeants. Once you have told me them, procced to the Training Simulations and ready your squads for combat. Select Class - Archenemy."

(All): You have just boarded The Fenris' Wrath, from previous campaigns, and hear the Wolf Lord's introduction. What do you make of the Wolf Lord? Does your Chapter approve of the ways of the Space Woves? Especially, if you are the Ultramarines Sergeant, what is your immediate reaction to answering the aid of a Chapter who doesn't follow your Primarch's legendary Codex Astartes?

So basically, something along those lines. Sorry for the crap update, just testing your skills and stuff before we get into the action. Enjoy :).

·
Registered
310 Posts
Brother Bellum Gerreo

“Brother Sergeant Bellum Gerreo Devastator of the Imperial Fists,” Bellum solemnly replied in a deep voice. The disgust was slightly visible on his face for a mere second before disappearing. We have come to the aid of a brother chapter, he thought, who was now demanding of us. It was something that he disliked about the Space Wolves, they were wild. Perhaps if they could follow the teachings of the Codex they would learn discipline. Bellum dismissed the thought from his mind quickly. He was within the halls of his ally’s vessel, and thoughts such as those led to doubt. Doubt was something no soldier could afford, especially for a commander.
Bellum didn’t like the thought of being commanded by anyone outside of his own chapter. This marine, however, was a Wolf Lord and that granted him the right.

Bellum marched back to where his men had been placed onboard the Fenris’ Wrath. As he moved into the corridor the bright yellow was quite visible against the dull grey walls. Each man was standing at attention near their quarter’s doorways as they had since arrival. The sight of them each marked with the symbol of the chapter filled him with pride. Bellum walked past them toward the end of the hall and his own quarters. He recalled each man’s name as he passed.
Brother Castro wielder of the squad’s heavy plasma cannon, veteran of all five campaigns that Bellum had commanded this squad; Brother Archadius and Fervius bolter brothers, both veterans of three campaigns; Brother Starn bolter brother, veteran of all five campaigns and second in command over the bolter brothers; Brother Juran wielder of a heavy bolter, veteran of four campaigns; Brother Dameus wielder of the squad’s missile launcher, veteran of all five campaigns; Brother Demetrius wielder of a heavy bolter, veteran of all five campaigns; and Brothers Gidean and Palus bolter brothers, newest members of the squad being veterans of only two campaigns. They were each noble and worthy warriors of the chapter.

“Brothers,” Bellum boomed as he reached the end of the hall, “By the request of our host we are to join in preparation. You have each presented yourselves well since we have been aboard. You honor the Chapter. Prepare yourselves for the simulators. You are dismissed. When you are prepared we shall go.” “We are prepared,” his men answered in unison. “And why is that?” “For the enemy will come with us prepared or not so we are always prepared,” they boomed in unison. Bellum nodded. “Gather your wargear brothers,” he said reaching into his room. He pulled his storm bolter from behind the doorway. As he turned back his men snapped to attention with their weapons in hand. “With me brothers,” Bellum ordered. The squad fell in and made their way to the simulators to train, a thing they had done countless times before.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Pericles Vetoris strode into the briefing room. He was on board the Fenris' Wrath, one of the ships of the Space Wolves. He was not impressed or at all happy at being placed underneath the command of a space wolf. They had no order, no discipline like that of the Ultramarines. They didn't even follow the Codex Astartes, the sacred tome of Roboute Guilliman. He waited for a moment sizing up his fellow sergeants, from what he had been sent. Imperial Fist, steady and reliable, blood angel holy but unpredictable due to their thirst. A Raven Guard, expert at stealth, a Salamander and a huge Iron Hand terminator sergeant.

Pericles was not happy at all, glad that none on this ship could see his facial expression underneath his helmet. He was positive that all of these marines could do the job that was set before the Emperor, but he was the first on scene. He and his should be leading this expedition. He and another 6 Ultramarines squads could do the same job. However they were unavailable at this time. He heard a cool voice penetrate his vox system, rough but seemingly ice cold.

"Greetings, brothers. Normally I would make a speech but now is not the time. You have answered my call and now I demand your names, Sergeants. Once you have told me them, procced to the Training Simulations and ready your squads for combat. Select Class - Archenemy."

Pericles waited as the Imperial Fist's voice penetrated the vox a second later, laughing to himself at the disgusted tone he detected for just a second in his voice. Maybe there was someone else here that didn't like the idea of being put underneath a pup. "This is Veteran Brother Sergeant Pericles Vetoris of the Holy Emperors Ultramarine chapter." He responded, his tone emotionless. He knew how to keep his disdain to himself. He moved quickly through the ship, heading to the Holy Emperor's shrine were he had told his men to go and pray to whilst he collected their orders.

As he entered the shrine he noted where each of his brothers were. Leonides, his second in command stood by the shrine's entrance talking to brother Thantos. Kneeling before a statue of the Emperor was Isos, Sophus, Orpheus and Halius. Finally standing in a small alcove was Xanthos, Rapheal and Micheal talking quietly as they looked the Emperor's statue. They immediately saw him, moving over to their brothers before heading as a unit straight to him.

He took them outside before he spoke, private vox only so no-one else could hear. "Brothers I know that we would rather be under the command of one of our own, but we will have to live with this. Our orders are to train until we reach our destination, even though I know that we the Ultramarines will kill the most and will be the finest out there. For now we will train, hone your abilities against the Arch-enemy simulation brothers. We will be victorious."

He was greeted with a chorus of "FOR THE EMPEROR!" as his brothers opened their voxs, drowning the corridor around them. He nodded to them before moving off, squad in tow to the simulation decks.

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
“Brother Sergeant Bellum Gerreo Devastator of the Imperial Fists,” reported in first over the vox, for a moment he thought he detected a hint of disdain in the Sergeants voice. It wouldn't suprise him, many chapters who followed the codex saw the Space Wolves as unruly and untamed, not following the codex in any sense. Stelios could relate with the Wolves. Some in the Imperium question the Raven Guards aswell, while they still followed the Codex, they operate autonomously and with a great degree of freedom for individual company and squad commanders. And there was a rumour that the Space Wolves also knew of a dark secret in the Raven Guards past. A Veteran-Sergeant Pericles Vetoris of the Ultramarines also intorduced himself over the vox, his tone emotionless and flat, typical of an Ultramarine, exemplars of the Codex Asartes, the interactions between Vetoris and Bloodbane would be interesting to say at the least, being complete polar opposites in every single way.

Stelios pushed these thoughts from his mind, after all the Wolf Guard was demanding they reported in. 'demanding' An interesting choice of words, already throwing down his authority over the other Chapters. "This is Aziel Stelios, Veteran-Sergeant of the Raven Guard. Greetings brother, we will report to the simulators as ordered" He said coolly, leaving a slight emphasis on the last word. He turned to his squad, "Kai, take Eskalon and make sure all of our equipment is secured" Kai, a tall, keen eyed marine nodded and departed with one of the others. Kai was Stelios second in command, a dependable and sharp minded warrior, he was good at guessing his Sergeants thoughts and tactics, making him perfect for the role of his 2IC.

"Let's go" He said simply to the remaining astartes. Stelios was not known for rousing speeches or idle conversation, he was instead a deep thinker and analyst. They made their way to the simulators, taking in their surroundings carefully, always on the look out for weak or vulnerable points, the Wolves vessel, like all astartes ships was made well though. When they entered the simulation room his squad began setting up their own individual training regimes, with only combat blades for the time being. The rest of their weapons being recovered by Kai and Eskalon. Stelios began his pre-training warm ups, his gene-enchanced body pumping adrenaline into his blood stream and increasing the rate of his secondary heart to boost the blood supply to his muscles. A chaos marine shimmered into existence infront of him "here we go then" he muttered to himself.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Space, vast and empty stood before them. Thousands of star's bright and burning shone out bringing light to this dark place. Tsu'Gan Dak'ir had always loved to contemplate the enormous complexity of it all. But his thoughts were not focused on such matters right now, No his gaze was transfixed upon the Imperial vessal the loomed over them the Fenris' Wrath. As the Thunderhawk gunship pulled up to dock Tsu'Gan thought of what might await him within the Space Wolf vessal he turned to face his battle-brothers who were seated in the rear of the compartment, Xavier and Argos who had been given the honour of carrying the squad flamers, Fugis his most reliable brother which was why he carried the multimelta and his bolter brothers, Marcus, N'keln, Tu'shan, Elysius, Doc'tyr, and Agatone. He gave a breif nod to indicate their long awaited arrival.

The Thunderhawk swung low into one of the Fenris Wrath's numerous hanger bays, its pilot hit the landing gear and brought it down slow. No sooner then when they landed did Tsu'Gan's vox begin to crackle.
"Greetings, brothers. Normally I would make a speech but now is not the time. You have answered my call and now I demand your names, Sergeants. Once you have told me them, procced to the Training Simulations and ready your squads for combat. Select Class - Archenemy."
Emerging from the Thunderhawk alongside his brothers Tsu'Gan broadcast his response, his voice was deep and menacing he never intended for it to be it was just the way he always spoke "This is Tsu'Gan Dak'ir of the Salamanders me and my battle-brothers have arrived as per your request." Some of the Sergeants from other chapters had already reported in. The Imperial Fists had come with a Devastator squad, he had heard from his Veteran Brothers that they were dependable and would fight with untold valor at your side, he welcomed their firepower to they would need it in the coming weeks. The Ultramarines to had to declared their presence Tsu'Gan knew little of them but from what he had heard over the Vox they seemed the soulvoid kind, strict and by the book. Raven Gaurd called in next but Tsu'Gan could make nothing of them by what their Sergeant had said over the vox. But the Wolf Lord himself? Tsu'Gan was unsure the Space Wolves were an undisciplined chapter full of barberic men, but they seemed the kind to be able to hold out for themselves and fight for what is right.

The Salamanders stood single fill facing the Thunderhawk, Tsu'Gan surveyed his troops with pride and thought of the coming battle. "Brothers" he said " I Shall not lie to you today, you have served with me for countless battles and endured hardship by my side for many campaigns. Today we face a new enemy, the foul forces of the Archenemy! But Brothers do not vaulter for we are his chosen, we shall wreck a vengence upon those who desecrate his name we shall fight for the Emperor for the Primarch and for Humanity, so tell me brothers what shall you do were shall you march?"
"Into the Fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!"
Tsu'Gan smiled to himself to hear the battle cry of his chapter. Ordering the squad to follow him he marched off to meet his allies.

·
Registered
948 Posts
"Greetings, brothers. Normally I would make a speech but now is not the time. You have answered my call and now I demand your names, Sergeants. Once you have told me them, procced to the Training Simulations and ready your squads for combat. Select Class - Archenemy." Logan listened as the Wolf Lords command issued from his vox.

"Sergeant Asyder of the Blood Angels" He growled back, it almost offended him that the noble Sons of Sanguinius would have to fight under a barbaric Space Wolf, putting such thoughts from his mind Logan and his squad marched to the training cages, ignoring the command to use the Simulations, Logan picked up a wooden training blade and threw another towards Brother Castus.

"Everyone enter the cages in pairs and begin combat" He ordered then span and parried Castus's high strike then countered with a kick to the warriors breastplate sending Castus stumbling backwards. Grinning, Logan advanced and feinted low intending to then touch his brothers helmet, Castus however ignored the feint and lunged forwards, Logan backpeddeled furiously from the unexpected move.

"Getting slow old friend" Castus smiled, Logan grinned back then dived forwards tackleing Castus to the floor knocking Castus's sword from his hand and ending the bout.

"In your dreams" Logan smirked as he helped Castus to his feet.

Glancing around Logan observed the other bouts, on his right Angelous and Cerobius had entered together and now were exchanging blows so fast that their swords were a blur, Leod and Tyrus the squads special weapon bearers had also paired up but had already finished with Tyrus touching his sword to Leod's helmet. On his left Logan saw Julius, the squads newest adition, lying on his back with Argus's sword at his throat, Maldir and Sephera were still dueling in the remaining cage but Logan could see that Maldir was moments from losing, a small gap in his guard exposed his left knee which as Logan watched Sephera smashed his sword down on causing Maldir to fall to one knee exposing his helmet and neck which Sephera smacked with his sword making Maldir crash to the ground.

Logan watched all of these fights with approval especially in Julius for standing up to Argus, one of the squads most experianced fighters, for several minutes.

"Switch partners and begin again" He ordered all but Angelous and Cerobius who were still fighting furiously. Logan paired with Sephera and with a roar of pure fury lauched himself into combat.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Next update is here!
~~~~~

Suddenly, warning klaxons ripped through The Fenris' Wrath, and what Bloodbane had knew what was going to happen... had finally happened. An Enemy Attack. As if to confirm the loud Klaxons, there was a loud shudder as the Battle Barge shook under impact. "Boarding Pods!" snarled one of Bloodbane's Wolf Guard, Harem Ironfist.

"At last," voxed Slovar Beastlayer, ripping his two power swords out of the simulation of the Khorne Bezerker, whose blood covered his face. "Now we get to see some real action."

"Aye," remarked Bloodbane, as shouts and cries could be heard from outside the Simulation Decks. "Brothers, we have our first kills."

Bloodbane roared, and left the Simulation Pod, powering up his Thunder Hammer. What greeted his eyes was a horde of ravenous bloodthirsty creatures no longer human, but devotees to the Ruinous Powers, charged towards his Terminator Armoured brothers. "For Russ and the Allfather!" bellowed Bloodbane, bringing up his Storm Shield to meet the enemy's retalliation.

((All:)) You are stationed in various parts of the Simulation Decks when the Klaxons echo. Within moments, you are under attack from Archenemy boarding pods. How do you react to this boarding? Do you follow the Codex Astartes?

Ultramarines: You should follow the Codex Astartes and refrain from deviating from it. Lead your Squad to the Hanger, where you find that the Iron Hands Terminators are battling a large amount of invaders. Push them back by the honour of your Primarch and the God-Emperor.

Iron Hands: Your Terminator Armoured Veterans easily fight their way through the first wave of the enemy, and make your way to the Hanger where you expect the fighting is thickest. There, you are joined by the Ultramarines Chapter, and you fight to push the Invaders back with your brothers.

Imperial Fists: Your Devastators are weak in this style of fighting, as you cannot bring your heavy weapons to bear due to the fact it will rip apart the Battle Barge from the inside. You will have to rely on the squad's bolters, and close quater fighting. You are outnumbered and outgunned in the Simulation Decks - only to be saved by the fury of the Blood Angels Chapter's Assault Squads.

Blood Angels: Your Chapter finds no resistance at all outside the Simulation Pods, and you are suprised - until you notice that the Imperial Fists are under attack. You charge to aid your brothers under pressure, as you feel the Red Thirst building up inside you. Do you let it overcome you? Or do you push it back?

Raven Guard: You are attacked by the elite of the Archenemy, and you can tell this by their superior armour. How do you respond to the attack? Do you get overwhemled or are you pushed back?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Bellum squeezed the trigger on his storm bolter. The recoil was heavy as two bolt shells were sent into the simulated chaos marine before him. The foe dropped as both rounds punched through its chest. It disappeared as it joined the ‘dead’. The Sergeant glanced over to the rest of his men. They were formed around the heavy weapons in a defensive line allowing their combined firepower to hammer each incoming foe. They were skilled and disciplined each showing the experience that only true battle could bring. Bellum’s eyes focused on each incoming simulation as he moved back into his command position. Shells were tearing through the hated foes with lethal precision in the simulated battleground.

Warning klaxons began to sound. “End simulation,” Bellum shouted. What was this, some kind of a drill? As the squad gathered they saw it was not. The minions of the dark gods had breached the ship. “Form up,” Bellum cried. His men moved with practiced precision. As Castro swung his plasma cannon to bare. Bellum’s face was unwavering as hate and disgust filled him. “Heavy weapons down, we can’t chance a stray shot rupturing something important. Bolters, blades, and pistols only.” Heavy weapons dropped to the deck. “FIRE,” Bellum ordered. The first volley of bolter shells tore chunks of armor from the charging foes, but there were more. His men fired with precision, but the arrangement of the simulation deck did not favor them.
“Primarch-Progenitor, to your glory and glory to him on earth,” the Imperial Fists bellowed as close combat was finally reached. Combat knives slammed against armor, and cleaved through flesh.

Bellum spun adding to the lethal ferocity of his chain sword. The teeth gashed through armor as a chaos marine doubled over. Black blood sprayed across the deck. Behind him he heard a cry of pain. He spun to see a chaos marine trying to recover his blade from Gidean’s arm. The young marine had deflected the blow from his chest, but now had the weapon stuck in his arm. The foe slammed him to the ground. “Weak fool,” it growled, “Chaos claims you!” There was a twin report as Bellum’s storm bolter fired. The vial creature jerked as its back burst open. “On your feet Son of Dorn,” Bellum said reaching down to the young marine, “You’ll find no living enemies down there.” As he pulled Gidean to his feet Bellum glanced around. The others were beginning to reform as their foe pulled back. So far there had been no casualties, but there were injuries. “Are they retreating,” Brother Palus asked as another boarder dropped to the ground. “No,” Brother Castro replied.
“They have encircled us,” Brother Starn reported as the hated foes began a new charge. “Son’s of Dorn,” Bellum said as the first weapons began to fire, “It is an honor to command you. This foe has decreed this to be their battle ground. Make it cost them all to take it.”

As they began to fight again it was easy to tell without their heavy weapons the Devistators would be unable to hold their own against this many foes. “Emperor deliver us,” a marine whispered. Then in a deep voice Bellum roared across the simulation room, “Abhor the witch, the alien, and the heratic! Grant us the strength to pierce the inhuman flesh and lay waste to their citadels with hurricanes of fire!” The litany of hate echoed as Bellum pointed his weapon into the rolling horde of foes and all he felt was hate and recoil.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Logan listened as his fellow sergeants introduced themselves “Brother Sergeant Bellum Gerreo Devastator of the Imperial Fists”... "This is Aziel Stelios, Veteran-Sergeant of the Raven Guard. Greetings brother, we will report to the simulators as ordered"... "This is Tsu'Gan Dak'ir of the Salamanders me and my battle-brothers have arrived as per your request."... "Sergeant Asyder of the Blood Angels" And then introduced himself "Logan Maelstroth of the Iron Hands, We will report to training as... ordered" he said the last word with a tone of bitterness in his voice.

He then turned to his squad and a grin crept across his lips, his squad were a fierce looking lot, with almost no flesh visible, this made the grin across his mechanical lips grow even more, he let a roar 'The flesh is weak!' which his squad-mates echoed, before ordering them to split off into pairs and head off to the training cages.

As they arrived at the training cages, a warning klaxon sounded Logan yelled 'brothers to the hangar, thats where they will launch there attack!' as him and his brothers charged towards the hangar they came across the first wave, he watched with the joy only a tactician could experience as his squad ripped apart their enemies in seconds using a perfectly practiced methodology. As they finally slaughtered their way through into the hangar bay the ultramarines joined them as the tide of enemies grew and grew with every passing moment, Logan charged into the fray smashing enemies to pieces with every swing of his flail, he was loving every minute of this, tactically ducking and diving around his enemies thrusts and lunges, before returning their blows with the pinpoint precision to kill with every blow.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Pericles Vetoris smashed his power sword through a virtual Berserker before turning his bolter on a bunch of cultists. He looked up to see how his fellow brothers were doing. Each followed the codex Astartes perfectly to the letter, working as a unit and not for individual glory. "Remember brothers what our beloved primach left us. We have to carry on his legacy in the name of the Emperor." Pericles bellowed to his brothers as he moved forwards again to take out another berserker, his brothers covering him with their bolters as he moved.

The sim suddenly faded and loud explosions were heard throughout the ships. Vetoris looked at his brothers a smile spreading underneath his helmet. "Brothers, I believe that that is our welcome party. We will move to the hanger, they must not be allowed to gain access to the hanger, or they can land all their troops there." He paused a second before hailing on an open vox so his brother sergeants would know what he was doing. "Brother sergeants, Vetoris here. I am moving my squad to the hanger bay."

The squad moved through the ship as a squad, checking each access point and bulkhead. As they got to the hanger bay doors, Vetoris burst through the door first, smiling at the carnage in front of him. His brothers from the Iron Hands stood amongst the dead of the enemy, fresh from the slaughter. Vetoris moved his squad forward, all taking disciplined firing positions. "Brothers, cover our Terminator brethren make sure your disciplined."

His squad took great care firing at the enemy, careful around the terminators. Pericles could believe that the only way they would win this fight was in close combat. "Brothers let us finish this blade to blade with the enemy." His squad roared their praise to the Emperor and the Primach and charged straight towards the enemy, combat blades drawn. Pericles found himself soon standing next to his huge Iron Hand brethren, "A privilege to meet you brother, a fine enemy to slaughter today."

·
Registered
434 Posts
Tsu'Gan

The burning bodies of a dozen screaming cultistist charged forward despite the flames intent on maiming and killing. Argos let loose another burst from his flamer engulfing the cultists in its holy fire their black, charred remains crumbled down onto the decking. Bolter fire rang out from further down the passageway as his Bolter Brothers Elysius and Agatone cut a swath through the archenemies number felling wave after wave. Tsu'Gans plasma pistol echoed out in the confined space and one of the foul cultists was incinerated instantly.

They were coming at them from all sides Tsu' Gan and his squad fought a desperate battle to keep them at bay from six different points of entry. His unit had been making its way through the lower decks to the training rooms but granades had stopped them in there tracks and forced them to dive for what little cover they could find.
There were too many of them Tsu'Gan knew that they were merely cultists, fodder of the dark gods but some of them carried Plasma weapons, and if just one could get behind them...... Tsu'Gan would not let that happen, they could be overwhelmed by the sheer numbers.
But something had to be done if they stayed here then the Cultists would run their ammunition dry, they had to advance
"Salamanders to me suffer not these heretics make every one fall!"
Together his Squad begun to fall back, Argos and Xavier used the flamers to cover the rear but the cultists still came on only to be burned alive by the weapon's deadly contents.
Tsu'Gan begun to lead his squad towards the upper decks all he could hope was that his fellow chapters were fairing better then they were. Tsu'Gan opened up the vox
"This is Tsu'Gan Dak'ir we are under heavy assault Wolf Lord what is our rally point?"

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
"This is Tsu'Gan Dak'ir we are under heavy assault Wolf Lord what is our rally point?" The Salamander Sergeant voxed to Bloodbane.

"Your rally point is the hanger," snarled back Bloodbane, via the vox. "I will meet you there where we can squash the last of these scum together."

ALL: With the expection of those that are already in the Hanger and the Raven Guard, you decide to make your way to the Hanger after hearing The Wolf Lord's comment. You slaughter all of the archenemy on your way there.

Ultramarines & Iron Hands: You are already in the Hanger and are relieved to see the arrival of your brothers from the fellow chapters, this makes you fight harder, but are you doing it to gain respect amongst your fellow companions or because you must?

Raven Guard: You have taken the fight to the enemy yourself, via boarding pods, and now find yourself in a twisted and bloody corrupted version of the ship's hanger. Meeting you however, is a Chaos Dreadnought, which powers up its close combat arms as you notice it. Do you regret boarding now? Or will you try to hold out long enough for reinforcements, or will you continue to take the fight to the enemy?

·
The Emperor Protects
5,262 Posts
The Raven Guard had been training for about 20 minutes when Kai and Eskalon arrived with their weapons and equipment. The rest of the squad equipped themselves as Stelios put on his deadly lightning claws. Suddenly a large series of explosions went off throughout the ship and it shuddered violently, a warning kalxon started going off to signal they had been boarded. Before Stelios could yell a single order, a group of Chaos Marines stormed into the room to attack the Raven Guard. In an instant he activated his weapons, forks of electricity snapping and crackling between the claws. He charged straight at two of the marines in a whirlwind of attacks, instantly eviscerating one and slashing the arm of another, both clearly not prepared for a Sergeant of his experience to be there or indeed to find Raven Guard at all. The one still had one arm though and ferociously pressed on the attack swinging his chain axe at where Stelios head had been a moment earlier, but he had anticipated the attack and lashed out a low blow, cutting one of the chaos scums leg as he went. The marine crashed to the ground with a bellow of rage, cut short by Stelios claws decapiating him. He looked up to see the rest of his squad killing the final marines, Kai killing the last one with a powerful swing from below of his chain sword, cleaving the chaos marine in two.

He looked over at Kai "The enemy must be all over the ship, our brother Astartes can handle them on here for now, we must take the fight to the enemy" He said to him. "Aye, i've already scanned the route to the nearest boarding pods" Kai quickly replied. Stelios smiled inside his helmet, as usual Kai had anticipated his orders and was acting them out before he had said them aloud. The Ravens Talons made their way silently through the ship, sticking to the shadows and bypassing the enemy where the could. They had to get onto the enemy ship and disable it Stelios thought to himself, they could not be allowed to pull back and torpedo the ship while it was otherwise occupied with the boarding actions. They found the boarding pods and split between two of them. "Kai, aim for the main gun batteries, i'll make for the engine room, set your charges but wait until we have both set them. Keep it silent, the enemy must not know what we are planning before it is too late. Then our brothers will hopefully have gained access themselves by then." The boaring pod propelled itself away from the ship, heading straight for the enemys rear, roughly where the engine room should be, the journey was almost over before it had begun with the ships being so close. The pod slammed into the side of the enemy hull and blew its charges to force a hole into the side of the ship with a directed blast, keeping the pressure stable on the other side.

His fire team emerged into the enemy ship, it was a dispicable sight, ruinious symbols and banners everywhere, the very air itself stank of filth. There was a more pressing concern however. They had not entered the engine room itself, Stelios gussed they were in a room adjacent to it judging by the noise. This was still not the problem though, the room was large, and in the middle of the room stood the real problem, a Chaos Dreadnought, and it had seen them. "Take Cover!!!!" He screamed as it, powered up its weapons. He dived behind a near support beam along with Tarrion. "Oh that's just great" Tarrion muttered as he powered up his plasma pistol, "Gonna need a distraction and an opening to get a good kill shot Sergeant" he shouted over the noise. He signalled the rest of the squad his plan of action. Without a word they all errupted from cover from different directions firing their bolt pistols at the raging dreadnought in their midst, it flung a nearby crate the size of a bike at Vanon, the crate winged him but still sent him spiralling across the room. Stelios meanwhile sprinted at it from behind and jumped 'This is not a good idea' he though to himself as he landed on its back, he dug both of his lightning claws into the the power housing on it's back and tore downwards, creating a deep gouge in it's armour. The dreadnought wasn't even fazed however and swung around dislodging Stelios and batting him away with one of its huge arms. He felt all the wind get knocked out of him and one of his lungs collpase, the other compensating immediately. The dreadnought went to charge towards him, but at that precise moment Tarrion emerged from cover and fired a shot of superheated plasma at the damaged spot in the machines back.

It exploded from withing with a collossal bang, crashing straight through the floor below it, into the engine reactor itself. Secondary explosions went off as the engine went critical. "Get clear! Get out of this room now!" He yelled to his brothers. Brias and Elias picked up Vanon as they went, charging to the exit Stelios had gone through. "Kai, blow your charges now!" he yelled over the vox, praying Kai had succesfully planted completed his mission, the enemy would no doubt now know they were on the ship with the engine going offline. He heard another series of explosions further down the ship "Objective completed Sergeant, regrouping on your location now" He voxed. Stelios slumped down against the bulkhead and observed his battered squad. They were in no position to storm a bridge, enemy barracks or other key locations now. The taking of the ship would have to be left to his brother chapters.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Bellum jerked his blade from another chaos twisted creature. Thankfuly with the assistance of the Blood Angels they had turned the tide. "You have my sincerest gratitude Brother Blood Angel," Bellum said slamming a fresh magazene into his storm bolter. Blood covered most of his armor. His men worked with precision covering their allies. Each time a Blood Angel made a killing stroke bolter rounds flashed past into another foe. Against the multitude of cultists all it took was a single shot. Against their larger foes it was more.

"Your rally point is the hanger.I will meet you there where we can squash the last of these scum together." Bellum activated his vox. "The Imperial Fists are on our way."
He turned, "Brother Sergeant Asyder, it seems we are needed elsewhere." Bolters continued to fire as he turned to his men. "Castro, Demetrius, Juran, Daneus recover your weapons," he ordered. Whatever they were likely to encounter there it promised to be far worse than what they had already faced, and no mater the cost they wouldn't be caught off guard again.

The decks ran red with blood. The chaos corrupted 'humans' had lost their momentum and now it was the marines that were gaining ground. It became a bloodbath as the Imperial Fists moved with their brothers of the Blood Angels. With their weakeness in these close quarters apparnent now it was tacticly more sound to move with those more inclined to these conditions. No mater how much Bellum wished to stand on his own it was their current conditions that had forced this. Beneith his helment a look of disgust was etched on his every feature.
The hanger deck was a scene of raw carnage. There betrayer's minions were embroiled in battle. The Ultramarines and Iron Hands were still fighting, making bloody work of those remaining. Bellum's gaze halted on several cultists attempting to move past the primary hanger doors. Behind them the void stretched on. "Brother Demetrius," he said over the vox, his voice was cold and void of emotion, "there is your target. Let them see the light of the Emperor." His signum locked sending additional targeting data.
Demetrius swung his heavy bolter to bare and took an instant to aim. Auto sensors and targeting data added to his considerable skill as he squeezed the trigger. The cluster of shells was aimed high so that it would not impact the deck, but if missing it would slam into the shielding or pass harmlessly into space. Neither was the case. Each shell impacted flesh. The heavy caliber mass reactive bullets turned the tainted men into little more than a cloud of mangled flesh and blood.
"Bolter's and pistols brothers," Bellum ordered, "remove this filth."

·
Registered
948 Posts
Logan stumbled as the ship rocked, the training combats stopped and the Astartes drew their actual weapons in waryiness, glancing at his HUD Logan saw that his fellow Sergeants were in combat the closest being the Imperial Fists.
"Squad on me" He ordered then sprinted towards the sound of gunfire, rounding a corner Logan saw that the Sons of Dorn were assailed by Chaos Space Marines, a devastator squad was at a severe disadvantage inthese tight quarters.

However his squad had a flamer.

"Cleanse and Burn!" Logan roared and Leod's flamer eruppted forth engulfing the Chaos Marines in holy promethium with the squads pistols joined the inferno. As the flames receeded Logan saw that several heretics had fallen to te ground with gapin holes in their armour. "Into them!" Logan cried as he fired a quick burst launching him feet first into a traitor armed with a power fist, rolling to his feet Logan fired his inferus pistol point blank into the marines face.

Somthing inside of him raged to the fore, the Red Thirst one of the two curses of the blood angels, realising that he could not afford to lose himself now Logan forced it down then ducked under a swinging chainsword before gutting the wielder as Imperial Fistbolt run tore apart another behind him.

Over the vox he heard Sergeant Bellum.
"Brother Sergeant Asyder, it seems we are needed elsewhere."
Logan nodded and raced ahead with hs squadto clear the way for the more bulky devastators untill they entered the hanger where the Iron Hands and Ultramarines already fought.

Gunning his jump pack Logan hurled himself into the thick of combat striking left and right untill he stood close to the terminators covering the blind spots created by the bulky suits.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Tsu'Gan

Tsu Gan
"Your rally point is the hanger,I will meet you there where we can squash the last of these scum together."
Tsu'Gan thrust his power sword upwards in a fatal uppercut, the blade ripped through his foes age old power armour and striked deep into his Bio-enchanced brian. The Body went into a mad spasm, the chainsword that it still held limply in its hand flying wildly in all directions making mince meat out of the two unfortunite cultists that happened to be standing behind it. His Squad had managed to fight its way to the upper levels, but they were greeted by a horrible sight, the twisted faces of the Choas astrates had meet them head on, throwing themselfs against the squads heavy weapons.
Tsu'Gan pulled his anciant blade from the limp body of his kill and swept it in a wide ark towards the cultists that had so eagerly looked up to the dead Choas Marine as a leader. Their resolve seemed to buckle but not for long, filled with a fury for vengence they assailed Tsu'Gan making desperate attempts to pierce his sturdy power armour with their pathetic blades. Tsu'Gan made quick work of them, before sparing a thought for the rest of his team. Despite what the Wold Lord had said he had split his team in half, Himself and some of his Bolter Brothers were making there way to the hanger but Fugis had taken the Heavy weapons on the quickest route to the Bridge, he couldnt help fear the repercussions of allowing Choas to capture the command consols.
"Wolf Lord, The Salamanders have arrived we are just outside the western hanger doors fending off this choas filth are we required in the internal battle or should we continue to hold our position?"

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Vetoris snarled as he saw a cultist, leap over another one of the dead straight towards him crying to the God of Blood. Vetoris simply raised his pistol and put a bolt through his head. Around him his men fought side by side with their terminator brethren, fighting according the holy tome of the codex Astartes. Vetoris had in the short time he had been in the hanger learnt to respect the huge terminators as they destroyed foe after foe, never seeing to cease up on their attack.

To be honest this drove his men on further, well the younger ones at any rate. The older ones had fought alongside terminator brethren before, and were more disciplined then the others. Vetoris smiled as his men preformed flawlessly to the Codex. "Remember brothers, we are fighting for the Emperor and the Imperium. Even though we are facing overwhelming odds we shall still be victorious." He intoned to his men as they smote more and more of the cultists. He was greeted with a chorus of "Ave Imperitor!" He smiled at their response.

"Brothers, we have almost broken them, FOR THE EMPEROR LETS FINISH THIS!" Vetoris bellowed over the vox system, his voice sounding mechanical to the cultists and his brethren.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"Wolf Lord, The Salamanders have arrived we are just outside the western hanger doors fending off this choas filth are we required in the internal battle or should we continue to hold our position?"

"Fight your way through to the hanger," voxed Bloodbane in response, withdrawing his Thunder Hammer from the body of a crumpled Chaos Space Marine, and lifting his Storm Shield so he could block an attack from a chainaxe wielding heretic, who was promptly gunned down by Svengil's plasma pistol, the only Space Wolf with some sort of gun on this ship.

Suddenly, another boarding pod burst open, and five Chaos Terminators poured out of their transport, shouting their prase to the unholy gods which they worshiped. And then, behind them advanced a huge figure, spinning a sorcerer's staff in one hand furiously.

"Thousand Sons," spat Bloodbane, a smile appearing on his face, before voxing to the other Sergeants. "No-one touch the Sorcerer. He's mine."

And then, he charged forwards, headlong into the rapidly decreasing horde of Chaos Cutilists and Space Marines. "FOR RUSS AND THE ALLFATHER!"

(ALL: (apart from the Raven Guard)) You hear the Wolf Lord's challenge, and charge forward with him, cutting a swathe in the enemy's ranks. Suddenly, the final two Boarding pod hit The Wolf of Fenris, and two Dreadnoughts, twisted and corrupted by centuries of service to the Chaos Gods roar into life, howling to charge towards you. Do you aid the Wolf Lord in a battle against the Thousand Sons, or do you think he is more than capable, and attack the Dreadnoughts instead?

(Raven Guard:)) after your most recent kill, you hear two Chaos Space Marines bearing the colour of the Black Legion, who are allied with the Thousand Sons. They have not noticed you and are discussing the Thousand Sons Sorcerer, Grezah Ahrizam, who has boarded The Wolf of Fenris himself. And you also hear talk that another ship is en route, and apparently the Despoiler himself will head to Kathius IV, and walk on the moon with his allied Thousand Sons, to secure a lost treasure, but they do not say what it actually is. You try to attack them.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Vetoris smashed his power sword down upon a chaos marine, chopping his head off before backhanding a cultist that got too near to him, smashing its head in with just one blow. Vetoris heard Bloodbane reply to the Salamanders, who were in position outside the hanger. The enemy were breaking, Vetoris smiled as they were closing on victory. That was before three boarding pods smashed their way in, one after another. Out of the first strode five terminators, who Bloodbane charged forward immediately bellowing his challenge.

Vetoris knew that Bloodbane had this under control, his squad was more than enough to take out this threat. He turned to the second of the three and paused for a moment, taking in the two gigantic figures ahead of him. Two chaos dreadnoughts stood there, menacing and scanning for targets. Vetoris looked to his squad, "Brother Thantos, cover us with the missile launcher, you are the best equipped for this. Brothers Isos, Micheal, Leonides and Halius stay near him, cover him." He turned to the other four Ultramarines, "Brother Orpheus, Raphael, Sophus and Xanthos with me, we will attack it from the front. Orpheus try and get behind it while I distract the beast."

He quickly spoke through the vox to the other squads, "Brother sergeants, Vetoris here. I am going to attack the Chaos dreadnought on the right, I will probably need assistance, just in case we fail which we won't." He thought he might as well inform his brothers, though he was positive they would be fine.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Bellum was slamming a new clip home when the pods impacted. His head shot up. Three pods had breached the hull. The first held terminators. The twisted and defiled things were quickly being engaged by the Wolf Lord. "Thousand Sons. No-one touch the Sorcerer. He's mine." Bellum watched them charge. As you wish wolf, he thought.

Then he saw the other pods. From them came the hulking behemoths of twisted metal. Bellum's eyes locked onto them. "Castro, Dameus weapons up," he shouted. The two marines snapped into place.
"Brother sergeants, Vetoris here. I am going to attack the Chaos dreadnought on the right, I will probably need assistance, just in case we fail which we won't."
"Acknowledged. The Fists have the left," he voxed.

"Aim well brothers, Dameus crack the shell," he ordered. The rocket fired. Even as it speared toward its target Bellum switched his signum. Brother Castro didn't need an order. The plasma cannon fired what appeared to be a small sun directly into the missles wake. It was a one two strike that Bellum had learned early on. Crack the shell and incinerate what remained. "Reload," he roared preparing a second wave in case the first strike didn't finish the twisted thing.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts