Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Alright guys i have been plauing with bases and friends codexs for a while and im about to get my own stuff so i have it down that i want to play a marine list of some sort and really either blood angels, space wolves, or chaos marines. I would really like an assult based army and i like the models for all three of these armys but im unsure what i want. Leaning toward the loyalist chapters as 2 of my friends play chaos marines but i want to know what you all think.

Thanks in advance

·
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
1,443 Posts
Space wolves and blood angels are very similar in fighting style but their fluff is very different. If you like space barbarians who love fighting more than anything (if you ask me the wolves are like orks in power armour). On the other hand blood angels is valour and heroism and having the best primarch. On the board space wolves are good at most things but their hqs are either crap or expensive. They are best at assault and counter assault. Blood angels however can assault generally move very fast around the board.

I have collected ba and sw in the past and present and i have to say blood angels are better on the field. Most of the games i play with blood angels i win there isnt very many armies that can beat blood angels hands down but........ to be honest there isnt anything i can say to help yo make your decision as there isnt enough to separate them other than fluff. Or if you wanted you could use them both like i do with my ba and sallies.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Personally i think i like the fluff of the angels better but the wolves and chaos models are somehow cooler to me. Great reply help though

·
Registered
25 Posts
Playing CSM with your friends can be quite fun also, if you team up with them for some 2v2, 3v3 battles at your local friendly game shop. And you can still play against your friends, because Chaos consists of a lot of individual warbands who fight each other. My bro, cousin and 2 friends of mine all played Chaos (they all quit now though) leaving me with more models/bits :D And when they were still playing we could always borrow/trade models from each other. It might be a good idea to collect another chaos faction than your friends though (If they do Khorne, you do tzeentch, nurgle or slaanesh, etc)

I don't know much about Blood angels and Space wolves, but Warsmith covered that for you :p

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Space wolves and blood angels are very similar in fighting style but their fluff is very different. If you like space barbarians who love fighting more than anything (if you ask me the wolves are like orks in power armour). On the other hand blood angels is valour and heroism and having the best primarch. On the board space wolves are good at most things but their hqs are either crap or expensive. They are best at assault and counter assault. Blood angels however can assault generally move very fast around the board.

okay, we could disagree on the best primarch statement "coughRusscough. wolf HQ are actually very good, and the basic rune priest is a 100% bargain. wolf priests are also good value. as for the ic's, they are expensive, but mostly worth the points. if you like Vikings, glory and heroism, as well as fur, go for the Wolves. For BA, think vampires in space. they have an aura of honour about them, an they are an extremely enjoyable army to play. they are fast, gory and survivable.
i play wolves and i played with my local store's BA. i still prefer my wolves, but if i were you i would go for whichever army you like the look of. that is what i did in the beginning and it served me well.
here is a link to BA fluff:http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Blood_angels
and SW fluff: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Space_Wolves
hope this helps

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
While i like assault squads i like both fluffs about equaly and i have to say the wolves models are much cooler to me so i think ill have to go with them but well see

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'd go with Chaos Space Marines. You'll have no shortage of awesome assault troops (Between Daemons, Raptors, Berzerkers, Noise Marines, Spawn, and more), but the CSMs offer the ability to customize your army like no other. If you choose a specific Space Marine chapter, you'll feel bound to that army's style and background, but with Chaos, you can really do anything you want.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I must say I'd suggest CSM. Much more of their army is geared towards combat than nearly any other army, the aforementioned daemons and spawn are great.

Basic troops have Plague Marines and Berserkers both of which are deadly. Raptors are just as good as assault marines and are real deadly.

Their HQ are great for CC, with Juggernauts, Typhus, Kharn and Luscius each with unique and powerful abilities.

Possessed and Dreadnoughts make deadly elite models in combat and ranged though Dreadnoughts can be unpredictable.

Defilers and Obliterators are great at shooting and combat both.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts