Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there was wondering if you can field Abaddon the Despoiler in any army reguardless of points since looking at the new chaos codex it dosnt mention any of the daft points requirments. and is it me or does he seem a bit buffed :biggrin:

srry about the spelling

·
Registered
66 Posts
that is correct, although a little bad if you field him in a small point game. the reason for the 1500 pt minimum was so that your opponent could have somthing to deal with them. Just think about how you would feel on the reciving end of the despoiler with nothing to stop him.

·
Administrator
6,544 Posts
Which is seriously dumb... there's a reason for those 1500/2000-point minimum clauses. Just for kicks, put Kharn and two small squads to provide fire support down for 500 points, and watch what happens. Barring your opponent having something like a shokk attack gun (which is pretty broken in small points, by the way... stupid big mek blew away two tactical squads with that thing in short order in 500 points the other day...) you're not going to be able to stop him.

·
Inquisitor
963 Posts
Yeah it is kinda rediculous that they just start removing the points limit from characters and dont do just a blanket rule in interim untill the new codexes are out... I really want to use my Tigurius in small games where my opponents can bring things like Kharn/Abadum and all the nasty Eldar Phoenix Lords but alas... untill GW gets around to a new SM codex Im stuck only using him at 1500pts plus. :ireful2:

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah it is kinda rediculous that they just start removing the points limit from characters and dont do just a blanket rule in interim untill the new codexes are out... I really want to use my Tigurius in small games where my opponents can bring things like Kharn/Abadum and all the nasty Eldar Phoenix Lords but alas... untill GW gets around to a new SM codex Im stuck only using him at 1500pts plus. :ireful2:
Heh, that does kinda suck.

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
I prefer the old codexes. The new layout sucks. It's just fluff for eighty pages then (hey!) the army list shows up. I prefer a bit of fluff, a bit of list. And a GODDAMNED FULL ARMORY! Not "oh, yeah, and for +2 points for this, and +10 points for this, but no, he can't take the good weapons and Wargear anymore, too bad!" GOD! I only play with the new dexes at tourney and Games Day. Otherwise, I'm still using my old Word Bearers (with Accursed Crozius, Dark Apostles, Demons of each god, Defiler fire support, and Parasitic Possession, and Demonic Possession that doesn't suck.)

-Dirge

1 - 8 of 8 Posts