2. Plague Zombie x23

3. Thousand Sons x8

Fast Attack:
1. Chaos Spawns x3 w/MoN

2. Heldrake

3. Chaos Bikers x6 w/MoS, x2 plasma, IoE

Heavy Support:
1. Obliterators x2 w/MoN

Allied Detachment (Black Legion Supplement)
HQ:
1. Abaddon

Troops:
1. Chosen x7: w/MoS, IoE, x3 meltaguns x2 flamers

:1998pts

Plan:
- Infiltrate Abaddon, Obliterators, Chosen squad or x1 blob of Plague Zombies depending on the D3 result. Lots of options of who to infiltrate depending on opponent.

- Typhus footslogs with Chaos Spawn bodyguard on a leash.

- Thousand Sons footslog into mid-field with Ahriman supporting the army with Hallucination, Invisibility and possibly a roll on Biomancy to give him a potential boost.

- 2nd Plague Zombie blob are meatshields for Thousand Sons.

- Bikers screen the slow zombies and Thousand Sons, react to any drop podders or deep strikers.

Summary:
Abaddon is infiltrating in the first wave, hopefully with some support from Chosen, Plague Zombies or Obliterators depending on the D3 infiltrate roll and who I am playing. The idea is that infiltrating Abby gets him into assault turn 2. I am thinking this is such a massive distraction that it's going to take the heat off the slower elements of the army.
And even if Abby gets killed (which he wont with good positioning and attached to a squad of Chosen in cover with FNP), they still have to worry about Typhus. And then Ahriman, giving the whole army a boost with his Telepathy powers in the mid-field.
One glaring weakness is the lack of anti-flier. But screw that, most the army has FNP and invulnerable saves anyway. Actually, it all does, minus the Spawns (but with with T6, who needs saves? bahahha!). The Heldrake will have to do in a pinch...

It's a stupid list and would get absolutely crushed in competitive gaming, simply because it's pumping 750pts into x3 Special Characters. But I am thinking about fun factor here, perhaps it's so stupid that it might actually work occasionally...? I am going to playtest it anyway, just for shits and giggles :) Should be fun.

SF

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
This is madness!!! :biggrin:
Well, I dunno what to say...it is basically a mix of three different smaller lists ;)
But you should definitely try this and tell us the result!
The only true problem is the lack of reliable antitank. Many 1500 lists have just the same amount or more...

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I actually tested out a similar list with a Lord of Change instead of Ahriman...

But then thought after the game (which I lost, but it was surprisingly close game and lots of fun!): "Wait, wouldn't it be cool to infiltrate Abby and a load of zombies?" Yes...Yes it would.

Of course you could use Huron Blackheart to infiltrate them and save points, but Ahriman seems to have so much better synergy with his Telepathy powers, and the Thousand Sons coming behind them into the midfield soaking up the heavy weapon shots and templates seems to make more sense than taking normal boring CSM! :)

I thought of another list at work today on my lunch break:

HQ
1. Ahriman

2. Typhus

Troops:

1. Plague Zombies x30

2. Plague Zombie x30

3. Thousand Sons x8

Elites:
1. Terminators x3 w/ Reaper Cannon x1, x2 combi-plasma (power axe for champion)

Fast Attack:

1. Heldrake

2. Chaos Bikers x6: w/ MoS, IoE, x2 plasma

Heavy Support:

1. Obliterators x3: w/MoN

Allies
HQ
Abaddon

Troops
Cultists x10

:1989pts

This one I would probably infilitrate the zombie blob(s).
Then deep strike Abaddon with the Termies, who are designed to shoot with the plasma and reaper cannon and make a dent in a target, before they get mowed down the turn after...Abaddon should be left standing intact for the subsequent assault in the next turn.
Then Tyhpus, deep strikes with the Oblits...Same as above.
Ahriman buffs the mid-field units with Telepathy. The Bikers screen the Thousand Sons.
The Cultists come in from Reserve for any late game home objective grabbing...

The idea here is that I am deep striking so many dangerous units and infiltrating blobs of zombies right in my opponents face, that it's going to confuse his target prioritisation.
Of course, the unreliability of the reserve rolls is a weakness...But all those zombies and thousand sons I think will be able to hold out until they arrive...

Might try one of these lists at the weekend. Will tell you how it goes if you are interested. I am open to any other ideas people have though! Any tweaks or fun ideas?

SF

1 - 4 of 4 Posts