Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Ancient Relic
2,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seeing as abaddon is gay at the moment, i thoought i should make some rules that do him justice. i tried not to make him too OP'd so tell me what you think.

Abaddon the Despoiler.....................................................................................300pts
WS BS S T W I A Ld Sv
7 5 4(8) 4(5) 4 6 5 10 2+

Unit Type: Infantry
Unit Composition: 1 (unique)
Wargear: Terminator Armour, Drach’nyen, Talon of Horus, Mark of Chaos Ascendant, Fearless, Eternal warrior, Independent Character.

Drach’nyen: Gives abaddon additional 2 attacks, power weapon, causes instant death, any model with eternal warrior has their wounds reduced by 2 intead of 1,as they are so grievously wounded that they can barely fight
Talon of Horus: doubles abaddon’s strength and allows him to re-roll all failed rolls to hit. Bolter can be fired with the following profile
Range Str AP Type
24 5 2 assault 2

Gives abaddon the additional attack for being armed with 2 close combat weapons
Mark of Chaos Ascendant: has +1 attack for mark of khorne, +1 initiative for mark of slaanesh, +1 toughness for mark of nurgle and mark of Tzeentch makes his save invulnerable
For the Warmaster! Once per game, all chaos infantry and walkers may gain one of the following abilities, chosen at the beginning of the turn: Fleet, Furious charge, Relentless, Feel no pain (walkers get 5+ invulnerable save). In addition, all chaos units within 12” of abaddon are Fearless

*edited to tone him down

·
Registered
32 Posts
I think this is a little Over-Powered to be honest:

WS 8 and S10? he may be a millenium-old, blessed by the dark gods super-human, but he's not a God himself!

Also, eternal warrior models WS and initive reduced to 1 when wounded by abbadon? my bloodthirster now becomes a 200+ point junk pile!

Eternal Warrior, Independent character, 5 wounds and toughness 5? so he can now hide in a squad and is immune to instant death?

all that for 300pts.? Fateweaver is 333, and he is no-where near this over-powered!

Try toning him down quite abit! I feel his currant stats are more than competent.

:victory:

·
blahblahblahblah
6,663 Posts
he is really happy?

if this was in a chaos codex at 300pts, I guarantee everyone would play chaos, but nobody would want to play against chaos, you would basically shut GW down because nobody would ever play again to avoid the man everyone has.

I'd say tone him down, quite severely, right now he just looks like one of those characters you see a new member post being his chapter master and only costing 20pts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
lol as much as i would love to see this happen its way to cheese. Abbadon is hard enough as he is. The only thing abbadon really needs is the ability to re-roll 1s with his daemon weapon since that is the one thing that makes hime sucks. i have rushed up to a squad of SM and rolled a 1 all 3 turns of combat. practicly killed myself. I hate rolling for Daemon weapons

·
Registered
491 Posts
Change it to a proper 4+ inv save, make the bolter AP 3 instead of 2, and keep either For the Warmaster OR the 12' Fearless aura, not both. Then we get back to the lines of sanity. :)

I like the rule for double wounds against other eternal Warriors, actually. It makes sense that he would want to carve the heroes of the Imperium in twain and be very good at it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Actually I think Abaddon is right where he should be if you follow the rules correctly. For some reason there is a mass misreading of his rules on pg. 46 of the CSM codex where it never states that Abaddon has a "normal Daemon Weapon" or that he suffers a penalty for rolling a 1, in fact, it specifically states he gets "+D6 attacks with his Daemon Weapon". So for 275 points you get an IC with 4 wounds T5 S8 W7 in Terminator armor with a 4+ Inv. save with at least 5 attacks (counting the 4 base attacks and your worst roll possible). I like him, very balanced imo, moves only 6 inches, not fleet, which means you either have to deep strike him or put him in a land raider. Fair amount of IC's that have higher initiative than him (Grey Knights, Blood Angels, BROOD LORDS, swarm lord, C'tan) and others I have not mentioned. Not to mention he gives no benefit whatsoever to anyone around him. Sounds fair to me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The problem with Abaddon isn't his killing ability but it's the lack of army amplification/multiplying and for some, transport issues. So this was an unnecessary direction to take.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts