Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this has been asked before...i know it has but its been a while and new products are out correct! I'm new to AB and will get my first airbrush soon, either the H&S Evolution Silverline 2 in 1, or the Badger Krome or the Paasche Talon...anyway my issue is finding a good compressor not to noisy and with tank and obviously moisture trap. I been looking at the Paasche D3000R and it seems good option just not sure if enough psi. Then I saw these Airbrush Depot or Master brand TC-848 and TC-20T tanks on Amazon/TCP which seems not too bad but not too sure about how good they are cause all the mixed reviews about them. The california air tools looks ok CAT1610A, CAT1650A but seems noisy and have no moisture trap...I guess could add one?...anyway anyone could shed some light and suggest something? I'll be mostly painting tau, tyranids, woc and lizardmen models...some face painting as well for kids and stuff like that...and I know for sure some more armies down the road.

Dont want to break the bank either so if possible below $200, $300 the most...I live in the US so I can go local shops, amazon, ebay or anything else here in the US.
Thanks guys, really appreciate it

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006ACBL4Q/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&p
That's the one I went with after my starter compressor. If you want quiet, check what the DB's are of each one. This one though works fantastic for noise control. I live in an apartment and I've asked all of my neighbors if they can hear it. Even at 3am, none of them hear anything.
Some key points to look for:
Tank (this will make it so your getting a constant air flow with no fluctuation.)
Oil-less
Moisture Trap (would also highly suggest putting one on the line as well)
Noise
PSI (and how easy it is to adjust the PSI)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok seems a good option. How long does it take to fill the tank and if you using it at lets say constant 30 psi how long can you paint before it recharges? If you live in an apartment and its good with noise then thats what I'm looking for. Any other tips for that compressor? Thanks

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
It takes less than a minute for the tank to fill up. Honestly though, I've never timed it. I just turn it on while I'm setting up the area to paint.
When you say recharge, do you mean when the compressor will kick back on while working? Whenever the compressor's tank drops below a certain PSI (may vary on different brands/tank sizes), it will kick on to refill the tank while your working. With the one I linked, I've (again, never timed it, just guesstimating) primed 2 or 3 SM's before the tank kicked on to fill up.
A tip I forgot, and this goes with any system you get, make sure the hose and airbrush connections are compattible. Sucks to get your compressor and realize you cant hook up! Would also suggest looking into quick disconnects. I have one on both of my AB's and where the hose connects to the compressor itself.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.