Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the Macharius Vanquisher model. For those who dont know its this

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/machvanq.htm

and its the variant on the macharius vulcan tank of the similar pattern which i've seen some people take interest in. I love it to bits and the second my disposable cash flow goes up i'm getting one.

Now for the bad news. Its rules are less than stellar. In fact compared to a baneblade (which is £30 cheaper i might add) its rules are pure shite. For those of you blessed enough to pick up the forge world apocalypse armour book i'm sure you know this.

So it got me thinking has anyone else loved a model loads but hated the rules?

·
The Traveler
2,559 Posts
Land Raider Crusader. I would rather have 12 Rapid-Fire Bolters than 6 Twin-linked ones.

24 Shots at BS4, or 6 shots with rerolls.

*farting noise*
-Dirge

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Inquistitors. Some quite nice models especially the Forgeworld one but my god those rules blow.

Malanthrope as well.

There will be more when I think of them.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Land Raider Crusader. I would rather have 12 Rapid-Fire Bolters than 6 Twin-linked ones.

24 Shots at BS4, or 6 shots with rerolls.

*farting noise*
-Dirge
does this mean that the bolters on the LRC don't rapid fire? I haven't seen any evidence to suggest that, but nor do i have any evidence you're just pulling that out of your hat. If that's the case though, then yes, the crusader is utter suck.

·
Banned
135 Posts
Dreadnoughts. I think they should kick more ass, considering their fluff. Also they should be like Obliterators, you should be able to take a unit of 1-3. Most people wouldn't take too many, but it would just allow you to have some dreads without eating up all your Elite slots. And they should be allowed to have twin linked assault cannons like the Cruseder does, even if it was made to cost a lot of points, it would be a cool option.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Last time I checked a bolter is rapid fire period. So it should be 24 vs 12 not 24 vs 6 shots. Or 12 vs 6 if you want to be accurate on the long range (24 inch) shots.

Also that is a badarse model. That is based on the Lemanruss chassis with an addon to the rear right? Would be nice if they produced a series of plastic kits with just the lower add on just for the look.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I think the humble Lasgun could be a little better. not really any reason for this, just maybe give the Lasgun an AP value. Also, in the fluff, it says they are very reliable. I was a bit disappointed that this reliability didn't play a part in games

·
Registered
49 Posts
belial from the dark angels army should be so much better as a character a master crafted power weapon is just not enough for the master of the deathwing.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
spawns great to convert but shit in game

possessed if you get the scout rule for their random skill

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think the humble Lasgun could be a little better. not really any reason for this, just maybe give the Lasgun an AP value. Also, in the fluff, it says they are very reliable. I was a bit disappointed that this reliability didn't play a part in games

Well, they reliable hit and warm up astartes armour to cozy temperatures....

I think the whole twinlinked bolters complaint stems from LR Crusaders being alot better in 3rd Edition as they had "Hurricane
Bolter" rules....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts