Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today, I fancied trying something new, To mix things up a little, and was determined to use A land raider.

So in about 5 minutes, I came up with this.

HQ-
•Daemon Prince
MoN, Wings, Warptime

ELITES-
•(5) Terminators
2 chainfists, 1 powerfist, 5x Combi-Melta

TROOPS-
�•(7) Plague marines
2 meltaguns, champion with powerfist
Rhino with Extra Armour

•(8) Khorne Berserkers
Champion with Powerfist
Rhino with Extra Armour

HEAVY SUPPORT-
•Land Raider - 240
Daemonic Possession

•Defiler - 150
4x DCCW

•Defiler - 150
4x DCCW

So, at a first glance, that looks really... average, as a list.

But In today's game, I faced a TH/SS Termies in a Raider, typical power-gaming Marines idea.
I Lost 6 - 5 on annihilation considering:
- In 5 turns on a Defiler shooting It's Battlecannon at a squad of 5 scouts in cover, 1 scout died.
- I moved the raider, and dispatched the Termies to assault a Land Raider, only to find they were 7" away.. meaning they were sat there, 7" from 5 TH/SS Termies and a LR. So i lost those faster than you'd ever imagine.
- The Berserkers did nothing, they got caught up with those TH/SS Termies, before they could assault a Razorback but 5" away. :(
- I forgot to fire the Raiders LCs one turn, when i had a Razorback in LoS

So.. Considering i didn't even use; A Defiler, The Termies, Beserkers and I forgot to shoot and odds are blow up a Razorback..

I think the list did alright. :laugh:

What do you think!? I'm going to try some more with it.. I'm feeling that the 'Zerkers didn't really work, again a TEQ heavy Army- But I think in a different scenario, The termies would become useful.. And Hopefully i wont shoot 5 battlecannons, and Watch 25 cover saves in a row be passed.

ROT

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
The only thing I would add/change is the termies! I love termies but they never seem to work out for me!
Do you know who loves running out of rhinos??? yep thats right MR mental himself kharn! I would be tempted to get him in the army and run the zerkers in the rhino with kharn! Carnage!

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
NMs instead of zerks is really helpful against termies, but if your going against TH/SS
dudes...maybe chosen w/ 4 PWs

NMs i think because if you take sonic blasters & a blast master oh, your pinned....HAHAHAHA HA :laugh: even if you dont pin them its still what 18-27 shots with 9 sonic blasters

Edit: ninjad by Jondoe...

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
It sounds like a good list ROT, but I'm not sure what exactly is surprising about it.

Plenty of people use Land Raiders in Chaos armies, whilst a lot of people seem to like Defilers. As for Warptime Nurgle Princes, aren't they the new lash?

Sorry to be so critical, but when I see the word surprising in a chaos list, I'm thinking Chaos Space Marines, Lords, Sorcerers, Raptors even.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I wanted to have a chance of winning; so I still didn't even give Raptors, CSM, Lords, Sorcerers a second thought.

It's suprising, because there is just no chemistry in the list at all.

The troops don't work together, The LR and Termies don't back up anyone, the Defilers do their own thing, and the Prince just sorta flies around.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
Well, I wanted to have a chance of winning; so I still didn't even give Raptors, CSM, Lords, Sorcerers a second thought.

It's suprising, because there is just no chemistry in the list at all.

The troops don't work together, The LR and Termies don't back up anyone, the Defilers do their own thing, and the Prince just sorta flies around.
I suppose you've got a point there ROT, just be careful against armies like the Tau. In the right hands they'll rip an army like this apart.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
So today, I fancied trying something new, To mix things up a little, and was determined to use A land raider.

So in about 5 minutes, I came up with this.

HQ-
•Daemon Prince
MoN, Wings, Warptime
Solid Choice. As The Sullen One says, its the new Lash.

ELITES-
•(5) Terminators
2 chainfists, 1 powerfist, 5x Combi-Melta
I'm a little confused as to why you're not attaching the LR as a dedicated transport for these guys. Other then that, seems rather vanilla.

TROOPS-
�•(7) Plague marines
2 meltaguns, champion with powerfist
Rhino with Extra Armour
I prefer Plasma but its a solid choice...well...except the EA. Unless the surprise is that you're attacking with them.

•(8) Khorne Berserkers
Champion with Powerfist
Rhino with Extra Armour
Nothing to complain about here.

HEAVY SUPPORT-
•Land Raider - 240
Daemonic Possession
Again, this should be in the Termie slot.
•Defiler - 150
4x DCCW
Hmmmm....

•Defiler - 150
4x DCCW
Yeah...

So, at a first glance, that looks really... average, as a list.

But In today's game, I faced a TH/SS Termies in a Raider, typical power-gaming Marines idea.
I Lost 6 - 5 on annihilation considering:
- In 5 turns on a Defiler shooting It's Battlecannon at a squad of 5 scouts in cover, 1 scout died.
- I moved the raider, and dispatched the Termies to assault a Land Raider, only to find they were 7" away.. meaning they were sat there, 7" from 5 TH/SS Termies and a LR. So i lost those faster than you'd ever imagine.
- The Berserkers did nothing, they got caught up with those TH/SS Termies, before they could assault a Razorback but 5" away. :(
- I forgot to fire the Raiders LCs one turn, when i had a Razorback in LoS

So.. Considering i didn't even use; A Defiler, The Termies, Beserkers and I forgot to shoot and odds are blow up a Razorback..

I think the list did alright. :laugh:

What do you think!? I'm going to try some more with it.. I'm feeling that the 'Zerkers didn't really work, again a TEQ heavy Army- But I think in a different scenario, The termies would become useful.. And Hopefully i wont shoot 5 battlecannons, and Watch 25 cover saves in a row be passed.

ROT
You're right about one thing. Its an average list. But, that said, I can imagine it would be effective. You're very threat heavy and most of your units pack quite the punch.

I'm not really sure whats surprising about this.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
if you're wanting to give loyalist termies a run for their money, PW/LCs with either IoT or IoS. their 3++ will always eat Chaos termies armor saves, so you want to either go before them and hit faster (Champ upgrades is not a bad idea either) or you can go for a save that's almost as good.

still, 'Zerkers in a LR is truly devasting when it does work right, and you'll get enough attacks in on 3++ termies to make their save useless.

good hunting.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.