Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fellow Heretics,

For the best part of a month by now or so, I've been keeping tabs on a rather unusual model kit that's caught my attention.

For those not in the know, this particular image originates from the famous Bolter and Chainsword Horus Heresy/40K project "The Dornian Heresy" - a Shattered Glass-esque retelling on the Horus Heresy, where Rogal Dorn rather than Horus becomes the Arch Traitor. Long story short - Space Wolves become this continuity's Khorne Legion, the Salamanders hook up with Malal, the Blood Angels turn to Nurgle (yes really), the Ultramar Segmentum secedes from the Imperium, the Sons of Horus become the Black Templars (while the Imperial Fists become the Black Legion), the Thousand Sons turn into Proto-Grey Knights, the Word Bearers found the Ecclesiarchy (and become it's militant arm as this continuity is devoid of Sisters of Battle, way to go guys Matt Ward would be proud) etc, etc.

Anyway, I really like the look of the armor, but I cannot for the life of me identify the original kit the legs, torso and even the shoulder pads come from. Are they produced by a parts manufacturer? Are they still operating? Is this eBay link the only place where I might pick up this brand of armor?

This is especially jarring as the suits have popped up in at least one other guy's modelling project, which I have linked here.

You may also find the eBay link for said kit here. I'd like to know if this is the only place where I might pick it up, or if there's some obscure third party manufacturer out there cranking out new suits.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts

·
Registered
633 Posts
Yeah, saw this on eBay a few weeks past. I didn't even know about the whole alt history thing they come from.
Going to have to look into this. Khornate Space Wolves, just sounds truly epic.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't know people were actually creating kits related to this. Kudos to them.
According to what little I've been able to dig up, this is the only kit relating to this. This is why I'm trying to find out if the manufacturer really is a company I've been overlooking, or one Russian guy on eBay.

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
They don't look all that bad to be honest :good:

·
DA GOLDEN WAAAGH
1,285 Posts
Love the look of this MK16 armour could certainly do some things with that. Only thought is that is seems to be quite a departure from the more standard marines in the standard line more like Ironman/Mk8(higher gorget and alternative pauldrons) and Mk 3 Iron armour with that segmented cable gaurd. With a bit of blending through the army i think these could be put in nicely.

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
I'd wager the manufacturer is the ebay seller.

Not unlike these guys, Montastore. Montastore used to be a different seller but selling exactly the same 3rd party items. Their Iron Warriors (I bought this) and Thousand Sons conversion kits are pretty nice. But it seems like there are a number of Eastern European, Russian, Ukrainian, and Asian ebay sellers who are producing their own lines.

·
nice boy, daft though !
10,212 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
the more i look at the models the more im getting a stormtrooper vibe , the knee pads, the back pack the groin armour, its not a bad design, but it does feel like a fusion of 40k and star wars.
It's an inaccuracy of the kit. If you're looking for a helmet more like the one in the Picture on the first page, I suggest either a Power Armor Grey Knight Helmet (Inquisition marks filed off) or a Helmet from the Venerable Dreadnaught (at least people say there's a more suitable head in there).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.