Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 512 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Introduction:

This roleplay is about a group of ten (and some npc's) chaos marine's trying to get the ultimate blessing of the chaos gods...Ascension into the ranks of Daemonic Princedom. It starts with group in the end stages of a blood tournament on the daemonic world of Drakaasi. The reason why these marine's joined the tournament was to win over the cultist's of the other warbands and their warriors and equipment so they have the means to start their road to daemon-hood.

The Chaos marines dont have to be from the same chapter.

Chaos Sorcerer position is taken.

Rules:

1) Respect each other.
2) No God-Modding
3) Minimum post length of a paragraph(4-5 lines)
3) No maiming or killing other characters without permission from the player.
4)Stay IC.
5) Have Fun.
6) (This is a character creation type of rule) Please could you make characters who have either recently just become chaos marines, exiled troopers who have annoyed their chapter master(and are lucky enough to escape before getting killed) or Chaos marine's who are just fed up with their chapter and decided to strike out on their own to become much much greater.

For weapons and equipment there will be a list to choose from, later on in the roleplay there will be new weapons and equipment to get, but at the start you can only chose from the list. Please choose stuff from the list, deamon/power weapons and special Armour will come later:

Weapons: Bolt Pistol, Bolter, Chain Sword, Chain Axe, Sword, Axe, Club, Mace, Combat Knife, (Devastator marine weapons: Heavy bolter, las cannon, missile launcher, heavy flamer, plasma cannon).

Equipment: Mark 2 through 7 Power Armour, Jump Pack, Bionic Limbs(Eye, Arm, Leg ect), Frag/Krak Grenades, melta-bombs.

Character Sheet(Feel free to add more if you want):
Name:
Personality:
Background:
Chapter/Legion:
Weapons:
Equipment:

·
Registered
941 Posts
I join, I am guruck, a marine of the exocomunicated dark tusks chapter, my armor is covered in a black leathery material, as I am possesed, I am bestially in my actions and ways, after being lost from my chapter (teleportation error) I have been hard on my luck after being lost and am not trusting, my trust is something you must work to gain!

edit: I have a heavy bolter and a combat knife, I perfer to use my knife and my long adamantium tusks rather than my bolter, but when the going gets tough...

my age is unknown as I was lost in the warp for a considerable time afterthe mishap!

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I join, I am guruck, a marine of the exocomunicated dark tusks chapter, my armor is covered in a black leathery material, as I am possesed, I am bestially in my actions and ways, after being lost from my chapter (teleportation error) I have been hard on my luck after being lost and am not trusting, my trust is something you must work to gain!
Very nice, is it possible to get you to fill out the character sheet? will help to know what gear you have and what gear upgrades i can add in later on once we get started.

·
Registered
542 Posts
One question, when you say axe and sword, are the power weapons, or just you average axe?

Name:Hann Firkun

Appearance:Hann's skin is pearl white with crevasses cut into it. In these crevasses flows a lava-like substance. This same substance replaced his blood. Hann's teeth are long and sharp, resembling fat needles. Because of their size, Hann's mouth is always open and his long tongue snakes out through an opening in his teeth at the front of his mouth.
Hann wears a short orange cape with black trim. Having gone through so many battles, the caps is tattered. On his chest, Hann has a large black eight pointed star. On the left shoulder pad of his armor, is the symbol of his chapter. An orange skull that is on fire.
Hann's armor is painted orange with black trim.

Personality:Hann has a fiery attitude, he's fast to anger and doesn't stop being mad. When not being angry Hann is an expert strategist. He can make split second decisions that are able to put him in the best place to counter, ambush, defend, or attack from. However, when things don't look good for him and he is about to die, Hann will flee. While this doesn't happen often, Hann will not stand and die when fleeing will let him fight another day.

Background:Hann is the chapter master for the renegade chapter The Pyre. Ever since rebelling during the 13th Black Crusade, Hann has led his pyromaniacs from world to world, burning all that stands in their way. This entire time Hann was trying to appease the gods and ascend. When he heard of the blood tournament of Drakaasi, Hann instructed his chapter to wait until his return as a daemon prince, confident that he alone would take the prize.

Chapter:The Pyre

Weapons:Bolt Pistol, Axe

Equipment:Mark 7 Power Armour, Frag/Krak Grenades.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Just to be sure, because I dont want to start getting serious about writing unless you are really planing on running this one, so are you commited to this?

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Name: Dasker Maulus
Appearance: Dasker is constantly seen in his Mark 7 Power Armour, in the colours of the Night Lords Legion, with the Imperial eagle heavily defiled. He never takes off his helmet, so nobody knows what his face is like.
Personality: Dasker is maniac who likes nothing more than killing, and killing lots. He will kill anyone for the sake of it.
Background: Origianlly a member of the Night Lords, he deserted them when they left him to die on the Planet of Corvax.He vows to kill all Night Lords that he comes across, and hates any sorcerer.
Chapter: Night Lords.
Weapons: Chainsword, Bolt Pistol, Frag/Krak Grenades, Bionic Eye.
Equipment: Mark 7 Power Armour, Jump Pack.
Chaos God: He worships Khorne, the Blood God.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Name: Akronn
Background: None
Weapons: A bolter
Armour: Power Armour mark 7
Equipment: None.
Chapter: None

Ignore the 6 paragraphs i posted, Apparently this is better.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
when i say sword and axe, they are normal weapons. power weapons and deamon weapons wont come in until later when we start to get blessings from the chaos gods. And yes i will be committed to this.((will post my character in a few minutes))

ROT, is it possible to get you to edit your weapons and armour? not having any deamon weapons or special armour in the roleplay just yet.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Just to be sure, because I dont want to start getting serious about writing unless you are really planing on running this one, so are you commited to this?
What the hell are you talking about? Just cause he hasn't posted much on here doesn't mean that is is incompetent. He just recently joined. Big deal.

If I remember correctly, you showed up here on Heresy Online and the first thing you did was start a recruitment thread.

I'm sorry, but just walking into a recruitment thread and saying you think that he will quit half way through the thread is pretty damn insulting.

·
Super Moderator
6,993 Posts
Fixed the double post for you, because its not like you couldn't edit your previous post or anything..

Anyway, thank you for that Anfo; because its so easy for a member who is not currently logged on to change his character the instant the GM tells him it needs to be changed.

Looks interesting revan4559, but if your playing this with six slots for players and then filling one of them up with a character of your own then why not just say you are looking for five? Also, why do you even have to be taking up one of the six slots? You made sure to keep four slots closed as NPC's so why not just use one of them as the potential squad leader.

Also, might be a good idea to limit what people can have their characters be. I mean honestly, the chapter master of a renegade chapter and the former second of the Tyrant of Badab? Both of whom have very basic equipment and will eventually get something better, even though characters like that should have very good gear from the start. Characters like that may wind up leaving the less badass of characters in the dust, in my experiences anyway.

edit - Oh and ROT, get that fucking insult off your post before I do it for you. People will clearly be able to see that you edited in the last bit, because obviously the GM and another member won't have said anything had it been there beforehand. Don't try to be a smart ass, it tends to just make things worse and some people looking dumber than they should be.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Fixed the double post for you, because its not like you couldn't edit your previous post or anything..

Anyway, thank you for that Anfo; because its so easy for a member who is not currently logged on to change his character the instant the GM tells him it needs to be changed.

Looks interesting revan4559, but if your playing this with six slots for players and then filling one of them up with a character of your own then why not just say you are looking for five? Also, why do you even have to be taking up one of the six slots? You made sure to keep four slots closed as NPC's so why not just use one of them as the potential squad leader.

Also, might be a good idea to limit what people can have their characters be. I mean honestly, the chapter master of a renegade chapter and the former second of the Tyrant of Badab? Both of whom have very basic equipment and will eventually get something better, even though characters like that should have very good gear from the start. Characters like that may wind up leaving the less badass of characters in the dust, in my experiences anyway.
Thanks for the input, ill edit my post now with some new stuff then ill pm those taking part to re-read the starting post so they can edit what they need to?

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
no no no, you didint understand me, I said first of all that I dont want to start writing a serious character if he is not willing to finish this RP, some GMs know from the start that they will not finish it...

Secondly when I opened my RP it was after ive been in heresy for a while before posting the reqruitment thread, I didnt post it right away, and even so its not like it is the first time ive been playing RPs, and I played here for some time before starting the thread so please check before you start throwing accusations.

And also first it wasent an insult and no I didnt say it because he didnt post much. For RPs to be good you dont have to create a huge impressive reqruitment thread, ofcourse it can help but its not neccessery,

Revan, thanks for answer, didnt mean to insult so im sorry if you were offended. Ill be editing this soon with a character.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Character Sheet:

Name: Modeus

Appearance: Modeus has very pale skin, border lining light grey, he has long raven black hair which fall's upon his shoulders. He has dark green eyes with pupils very similar to a cat(slitted). He stands around 7 foot 10 inches tall with a muscle build which compliments his height.

Personality: Modeus has always been very egotistical and cunning. In every battle he has been in he prefers to fight his way to the front and goads the strongest opponent to come fight him in single combat, not caring about life or death, as long as his side wins and he achieves fame. Modeus's leadership abilities are alittle above average when he is called upon to a leadership role and even though he is now a follower of Chaos he doesnt waste the lives of his men without a good reason.

Background: Modeus was originally from the Relictors Chapter before they were excommunicated by the Inquisition. Back then he was only a normal battle brother who longed for fame. After his chapter was excommunicated and fled to their new base near the eye of terror, he called the rest of the chapter cowards and left them in-self exile. After a year of traveling he heard dark whispers inside his head, promising as much fame and power he could want, all he had to do was embrace chaos.

Chapter: Previously Relictors(http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Relictors)

Weapons: Chain Sword, Bolt Pistol, Combat knife.
Equipment: Mark 7 Power Armour.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Ok, as you asked me here is is:

Originally Posted by komanko
Name:Nerr'ak Gorgon

Appearance: Nerr'ak stand in a 6.8 Ft tall, and have a solid build. He has long black hair, and his eyes are like a vortex of blackness. Most of the time Nerr'ak a MK VII power armor this armor is completely white except the shoulder pads which has an ironish color on them. The emperors Aquila he changed to the symbol of tzeentch. Except that his armor is decorated with chants and spikes and even flesh and bones of his foes. Nerr'ak doesn't wear a helm, if needed he protects his head with a warp barrier. Also beyond the simple decorations Nerr'ak uses he has a hood and a cape both white, in the same color of his armor. The hood covers his head making his face invisible to friends or foes. His cape reaches from his shoulders to his feet.

Personality: Treacherous yet somewhat faithful Nerr'ak works only to further his own goals, he is like his good Tzeentch. There are only to things that matter to him, ascending to demon hood no matter what the cost and gathering as much forbidden lore and knowledge to gain more power. Yet when his allies are of use he is indeed faithful to them and will help them as much as he can so long as it furthers his and his patrons goals. Nerr'ak is not a very chatty fellow, he speaks only when spoken to and wont reveal his thoughts to anyone, keeping his plans and strategies for each and every one only for himself. He will deceive and lie to anyone to get to his goal.

Background: Nerr'ak hails from the Warp Wielders chapter, The Warp Wielders are renegade psykers from many great chaos chapters like the Thousand sons and the Word Bearers. Does psykers formed a warband called the Warp Wielders but soon many Psykers joined them and they became a renegade chapter dedicated to tzeentch, the name of the chapter comes from the members.
After Honing his skills and learning a bit from every member of the chapter, Nerr'ak decided to go and fare on his own. Thus after a while he stumbled upon the daemon world of Drakaasi, that is when he found out that there is a tournament there and he decided to pit himself against what the gods throw at him to prove that he is worthy of daemonhood.

*adding this as a note because I dont want to start rewriting the background just to integrate it.
Before joining the Warp Wielders he didn't have a chapter, he was a travelling psyker, lets say some kind of a mercenary, he travelled from world to world in search of lore and knowledge, but after awhile he started getting interested in the "forbidden knowledge" and slowly succumbed to chaos. After some time he sought refuge in the eye of terror. There he was recruited to the Warp Wielders and swore allegiance to Tzeentch. After learning from the Warp Wielders a bit he saw that he does not advance as quickly as he hoped and decide to go on alone, so he left the Warp Wielders and then arrived at the planet with the blood tournament.

Chapter: The Warp Wielders

Weapons: Bolt Pistol and a Bedlam Staff

Equipment: MK VII power armor, frag grenades and a jump pack for escape or keeping distance if needed

Current Powers: Psychic Spike, Fire Blast and Lightning Bolt.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok, all 6 of us are on.

I'll be typing up the action thread, so please be patient. We will be on the daemon world for awhile, seeing as all of our characters have to meet ect and win the tournament to get the ship and the cultists.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
hey revan, this looks like a good story, can you accept a seventh marine by any chance, a neophyte????

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
pm me your idea and ill read it over and edit it in if its good enough, ok?

ok action thread is up and started. Feel free to start posting there, but we wont go too far today, due to Guruck is offline and will need to catch up, that fair?

If you would like to join then feel free to either Send me a PM or add my msn: [email protected]

even though originally there was going to be 6 of us, i got 2 more requests so ill put a limit at a Maximum of 10 of us(me and 9 others).

·
Registered
146 Posts
Name: Ghazan Stigeus

Appearance: Ritual scars line his body to show his devotion to Slaanesh. Both his eyes are jet black orbs and he has a forked tongue. His veins protrude from his body showing the black ichor that courses through his body and his nails have become sharp talons while his teeth have been sharpened to needle point

Personality: Ghazan is an arrogant, self abosorbed champion, utterly devoted to the Prince of Pleasures. He cares only about the thrill of battle and the screams of his enemies to show his praise to Slaanesh. He holds a disdain for the followers of Khorne but sees all people as potential converts or sacrifices.

Background: Ghazan served first among the Violators. Roaming from world to world, killing, mutilating and sacrificing whole populations to the glory of the Dark Prince. After returning with his brothers to the Great Eye after another sucessful raid against a Hive World, Ghazan dreamt of a tournament of chaos and the untold rewards that awaited him. Seeing this as a sign from Slaanesh, Ghazan quickly set course for Drakaasi

Chapter: Violators

Weapons: Bolt Pistol and Sword

Equipment: Mark VI Power Armor and Frag Grenades

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
You know ROT, hmmm no naked man even if he is serving chaos would survive a 60 ft drop rom a building, dont you think you are overdoing it abit... Try keeping it realistic, if you need advice feel free to ask... Saying that just because I didnt see you here so Im assuming you are new to this.

1 - 20 of 512 Posts