Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 561 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Drakaasi, a world located near the center of the eye of terror. This world is home to many, many followers or chaos, both mortal and daemonic alike. All on this planet compete for the favor of their patron gods, and a select few compete for the favor of all four.

On Drakaasi currently there is a blood tournament where followers of Chaos fight each other for troops, equipment, and the amusement of the Blood God, The Lord of Skulls, Khrone. Those who enter risk life and limb for the ambitions.

It is on this world that six mortal followers of the gods have decided to take the long road to the greatest gift of the gods, Princedom. To become a Daemon Prince of the warp is not only proving your devotion to your patron, it grants Fame, Power, Dread, and grants Immortality, the one escape of what all mortals fear, Death.

And so our story begins with our six warriors deciding if they with to compete in the late stages as servants of a chaos lord, or strike out and form their own warband.

No matter their choice, the only thing that is certain is that their road to ultimate glory will be filled with blood-shed, betrayal and darkness.

This Is A Road To Glory And Chaos.

OOC: ill kick this role-play off. I guess ill lead the group once its formed fully. BUT feel free to challenge Modeus for leadership later on if you want.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Modeus would be stood in the middle of the city square ontop of a stand. He would have his arms raised in the air as he cries out for everyone within the district to hear him.

"Hear Me! Warriors of Chaos! I am Modeus, and I am here to ask you this! Will you join me brothers in this tournament to appease the Blood God and to form one of the greatest warbands the warp has even seen! I care not if you are alien! renegade or mutant! I care only that you are strong in battle! So tell me Brothers! What Say You!?"

After his proclamation to everyone around him, Modeus lowers his arms and looks about, waiting and seeing who and what steps forward to join him in the tournament and eventually, ultimate glory.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
The wind blown, sending waves of dust directly towards Nerr'ak's face, it was a very rare occasion, most of the time there is no wind at all. Nerr'ak slowly kneeling, he picked up some ashes from the ground, they were black. He stood up throwing the ashes into the wind and seeing them drift away, "what is it, the fate you hold for me oh great master" he whispered.

Nerr'ak walked into the town, it was full of chaos, marines and mutants everywhere, even daemons could be seen here and there. All this chaos made him fell better. Nerr'ak wondered around town for awhile and stopped in the city square, he saw a figure standing out of the crowd, from afar it looked like he was towering high above all others, but as Nerr'ak got close he could see that the man was standing on a stand which made him look higher.

Nerr'ak got closer he heard the man shouting "Hear Me! Warriors of Chaos! I am Modeus, and I am here to ask you this! Will you join me brothers in this tournament to appease the Blood God and to form one of the greatest warbands the warp has even seen! I care not if you are alien! renegade or mutant! I care only that you are strong in battle! So tell me Brothers! What Say You!?". "Is it a sign", Nerr'ak thought to himself. Modeus was an impressive figure, with a muscly build he towered high above many. "Such a man can draw the best warriors to him" Nerr'ak thought, "you will do just great, you fit exactly in my plan" he whispered.

Nerr'ak stood out of the crowed, looking around for a bit, he waited and then after a while he said "I Nerr'ak Gorgon, shall join you in your path of chaos and destruction to appease the gods of chaos", he said, "LONG LIVE TZEENTCH, LONG LIVE THE GODS OF CHAOS!" Nerr'ak yelled, "COME BROTHERS, JOIN HIM, AND WE WILL WRECK CHAOS AND DESTRUCTION TO ALL WHO OPPOSE US!"

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hann, sitting in a darkened allyway, sharpening his ax and cleaning his pistol, hearing a voice start shouting, asking for 'followers' in the Blood Tournament. Hann looked up from his work and saw what looked like a Raven Guard marine. Hann pushed his way through the crowd, a few people grumbled their displeasure at being shoved aside but Hann paid no attention.

Reaching the front of the crowd, Hann stepped out into the opening. Modeus opened his mouth to speak but Han spoke first.
"Modeus, My name is Hann Firkun, chapter master of The Pyre. Why do you think you can lead men? What great and horrible deeds have you done? How can we," Han said motioning to the crowd of people, "know that you are a competent leader?"
Hann continued to inspect the marine, he was tall, and pretty strong looking, but Hann knew not to judge a book by it's cover.

Around this time, a Sorcerer came out, pledging himself to this champion, and telling others to join. Hann was surprised that some would follow someone that they did not know. But Sorcerer's were a breed apart, and Hann didn't understand their actions.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Modeus would shift his dark green eyes to look at Nerr'ak and a grin appears across his pale face, as he is pleased that someone has the sense to join him in his path for glory.

"Welcome Brother! Together we shall carve our names into the stars and history itself!"

Modeus's smile then changes quickly into a frown as he turns to face Hann and then looks around before his frown decreases in intensity...slightly. He then takes a step towards Hann.

"You doubt my abilities then 'Chapter Master'? Tell me then, if you believe me not to be able to lead a warband, then what makes you any better? By the look of it you dont even have your 'chapter' with you, your all alone, cast out, excommunicated by the look of it."

Modeus's frown quickly turns to a grin as he starts to taunt the The 'Chapter Master'.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
Alone atop of a towering structure.
Stood watching the embers of Chaos taking a firm grip upon the Mortals of Drakaasi.

No Armour, Nothing but a chain for a belt wrapped around his cloth baring waist. a gruelling giant, young, but troubled- Young but tainted...

Young. But Evil.

I sigh happily as i stare down at a mad-man preaching about the ultimate warband of warriors... and the 2 fools who have followed him in his quest of insanity. Who would risk life and limb for DaemonHood, WHO would put their entire world at risk just to serve their Lord of Blood.

"I'M IN!!" I howl across the town square.

- The masses below all turn their heads to see, Their Eyes met by the distant silhouette of a monstrous-looking Man, Brutally Hench and incredibly tall. The man Drops from the building, a full 60foot drop. Resulting in a craterous pit amongst the crowds.

"My name is Akronn, I don't care for yours. I seek nothing but to please my Lord... "

·
Registered
146 Posts
Ghazan walked through the cobbled streets of Drakaasi, pushing aside the teeming masses of pathetic humans in his way. The wind washes over his freshly cut face, sending blissful pain through him.

Entering a large open square, Ghazan eyed another champion raise himself upon a platform and roar his challange to the masses around him.

"Hear Me! Warriors of Chaos! I am Modeus, and I am here to ask you this! Will you join me brothers in this tournament to appease the Blood God and to form one of the greatest warbands the warp has even seen! I care not if you are alien! renegade or mutant! I care only that you are strong in battle! So tell me Brothers! What Say You!?"

Ghazan heard his speech and at first began to scoff at this madman, who like so many others preached of bringing great destruction to the galaxy. As he was about to turn around and leave, Ghazan felt fire race up his arms and spread throughout his body. Hissing in ectasy, Ghazan looked back in the eyes at this champion Modeus. "This one might be different. The Dark Prince will recieve untold pleasure from the souls i send to him if this one succeds" Ghazan thought as he began shoving his way to the front of the crowd.

"Champion Modeus, I am Ghazan, formerly of the Violators, servant of Slaanesh. I will fight for you if you will bring glory to the Prince of Chaos." Ghazan said meeting his eyes

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hann smiled, Modeus knew how to push his buttons, but now was not the time to go berserk.

"My chapter is waiting about half an hour's warp ump away from this planet. In the event that I need to seize control of this world. I unlike other's do not need underlings to do my personal dirty work. So, Modeus, are you worthy to have me fight along side you?"

In the backround, a poorly clothed figure fell from a tall building, standing, he pledged himself to Modeus's cause. Hann eyed the new comer. he wore some chains and a loin cloth. Hann raised an eyebrow as the man walked past to stand with the others. As he passed Hann asked, "What are you? Glorified cannon fodder?"

·
Registered
4,778 Posts

Dasker heard the voice from the champion, and at the sound of pleasing his devoted Blood God, Khorne, he leapt at the opportunity. "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD," was his response, butchering his way through several cutilits and making his way to the champion, bringing out his chainsword and placing it at the feet of whom would be his new master. "SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE."

·
Registered
941 Posts
the katana blade cut deep furrows in my leathery flesh, the purple black blood oozing out from beneath my hide, mutated beond recognition, I walked into the clearing in the jungle of the chaos world aginor, I saw huts and shacks and one who smelled of chaos itself, as I watched concealed I heard these words that would forever change my fate "here me brothers of chaos, I am mordeus" leting loose a round from my heavy bolter towards the sky, I screamed a bestially howl, there was an adventure, and I Guruck of the dark tusks, was now a part of it!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
(OOC: Forgive me if I invovled your character alittle revan4559, I want to impress your guy!!)

Wattnir swirled into a loop and brought his sword over in a neat cutting arc that decapitated a nearby ash statue. He twirled around into a block, perfectly balanced on his toes, and swirled around in a double loop ending with a thrust, putting him back into the same defensive stance he had started with. He quickly finished up his practice as commotion seemed to grip the city square a block from his position. Putting away his sword, donning his equipment, he made his way to the area where an unusually large crowd had entered. At the center stood a Marine, arms held out, challenging others to come and join him in his quest for the favors of Chaos

For Wattinr, it was a rerun of a thousand times that these types of events had happened. In fact, he was surprised no one had attacked or challenged the aspiring champion for his right to lead. Wattinr figured he would see what this one was made off. Looking him over, he saw that the aspiring champion stood an impressive height, with a sword and bolt attached to him. His green eyes seem to pierce even Wattinr’s hard stare.

“Well, let’s see what you’re made of,” he whispered to himself as he drew his sword. Moving slowly around the back of the crowd, he positioned himself behind the warriors back. He walked to the front, preparing to strike as a warrior howled out across the square, and another start roaring “SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!” He got right to the front, making sure to keep the warriors attention away from him.

Suddenly he sprung, like a predator pouncing on its prey, and brought his sword down in an arc, a death blow for most average enemies. However, this champion was different, for he turned faster than Wattinr could see, and blocked it cleanly. Everyone around tensed, some even drawing weapons, but Wattinr returned his sword to his back laughing. He then turned to face the man…………………

“I have tested many who have spoken such words, and time and time against they fall. Yet you are different, you are strong and skilled. I am Pericles Wattinr, formally of the Thousand Sons, Sword master of Khorne, Skull Champion, and death to most men. You seem to have what it takes; I will join you on your quest for greater power and strength. What do you say, will you have me???"

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Modeus would easily block the blade from Wattnir, and before he address him he turns to face Daskar, Ghazan, and Guruck. Another smile would appear across his face as he looks other these three champions.

"Welcome Brothers of Chaos! I shall accept all of you! Behold, Warriors of Khorne! A Sorcerer of Tzeentch, and even a Champion of Slaanesh join me! Who else will take up the challenge of serving me and walking the path of greatness!?"

Modeus then turns back to face Wattnir and looks him over, checking his weapons and armor. He then lifts up his hands to Wattnir's chest and grips his chest plate just under his arms and shakes it slightly.

"That armor fits you well 'little one'. I shall accept you, but should you pull you blade on me again, i will tear you limb from limb and feed your carcass to the predators of the warp, understand?"

Modeus would then finish with Wattnir and turns to the 'Chapter Master' and frowns at him again.

"Do you really think that the Daemon Prince of this world would allow you to take it over? HA! Your entire chapter would be destroyed before they could even make planet fall. Even then there are so many of us who worship chaos, they wouldnt stand a change. And if you want to join the path to glory, then i have a test for you to prove your worth to the chaos gods!"

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Standing near his "New" master, Nerr'ak waited and pretty quickly five more champions joined Modeus. Most of them champions of Khorn except one who was a champion of Slaanesh.

Then he saw someone moves, the man began to run towards them and with a mighty leap he crossed the field trying to land a deathblow to Modeus. Nerr'ak was alarmed he didn't know if Modeus could deflect such a blow but apparently Modeus was much stronger then he thought.

Even before the man could start landing his blow Modeus sword was in place and when the blow came he blocked it perfectly. The attacking man settled down and introduced himself as Pericles Wattinr. The man claimed to be from the thousand sons but Nerr'ak doubted that, but he will be easy to manipulate he thought to himself. But that marine Hann Firkun looked like a problem, even if he will join their forced he looked smarter them most of them and will not be easy to manipulate.

Nerr'ak settled down and waited.

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Grisallis took in the sites before him, several dogs of Khorne begging for scraps of vengence from their master to be. A champion of Slaanish taunting and testing the would be lord and a sorceror... deviant beasts of corruption, beutiful to behold deadly to trust.
Grisallis stroke forward through the crowd as it began to disapate. He dragged a cultisit in his left hand the man kicked weakly against the astartes' grip. His armor was jet black, the right pauldron stood a white "1" declaring himself of the first legion... a Dark Angel. The left held a a sigil of tzeench with pale white wings from the side, declaring him a "fallen angel" He wa stain on the honor and history of the chapters proud history.
Is this where my vengence can truly begin?
"Champion!" Grisallis strode forward dragging his query, the eyes of the seven fell upon him.
"I will serve you... I have vengence to reak upon my foes and the carrior lord of the Imperium." Griasallis closed his his left hand around the cultist's neck feeling the trachea collapse and tendons pop, ichtor flowed between his finger tips and the man's head fell away. He dropped the carcas and relished the death in his hands.
"Greatness awaits, lets hurry."

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
Dasker looked at the fellow champions who had stepped forward. Most of them, he was pleased to see, worshiped the Blood God, Khorne.

However, one; known as Nerr'ak Gorgon, favoured the cowardly dog Tzneetch, the Changer of Ways. Despite not even knowing the stranger, Dasker had a mutual dislike for the Magician.

He hated Sorceres...

·
Registered
941 Posts
he observed his fellow warriors and noticed a fight had broken out between the sorcerer and a servant of khorne, the khorne one saying all magic was lies true to the teneants of khorne pushing through the bystanders, tearing them apart Guruck stated, "ENOUGH! this petty squabbling gets us nowhere! some say the bond formed in battle is unbrakeable, brothers, this crusade we have embarked on will be greater than any battle, and our bond must match that greatness, I will have none of this Sh&t, Enough I say!" tired of his fellows he whent over to their leader mordeus, "if you will have me as your right hand man, I will end this foolery, and we will form a bond as hard a perturbo's flesh!"

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Modeus looks at the group that has come to him and then looks back at the chapter master before turning his back on him and address the marine's that have joined him.

"Hear me brothers! You have all picked wisely and I welcome all of you! Let us go find a place to call out base for the remainder of the tournament! Once our base is set up then we shall get to the business of slaughter!"

With that order/proclamation he turns to face Hann and his cat like pupils would narrow as he talks to the chapter master.

"If you wish to join me, then i suggest you follow us and listen to what my test is, if you decide not to join us then that is fine, but i will not hesitate to kill you should you join a rival's group."

Modeus then turns and strides off to find a suitable base of operations for the remainder of the tournament, letting his troops catch-up on their own accord

·
Febris Militarius
919 Posts
Grisallis strode across the square and fell in a respectful distance from Modeus. He brushed shoulders with one of the Khorne dogs, refusing to yield as a lessor warrior. A cultisit was leering around a corner at Modeus licking his lips, the cltist never knew what happened when Grisallis' palm fell on his head and pressed it against the stone work as he was rewarded with a splat.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
After the long silence, I finally break into speach.

"Modeus- "

I whip my chain from around my waist and lashed it out towards Modeus' Legs, entangling them, and i pull hard.

Modeus Flies to the ground and lands in an un-flattering heap.

I walk to him, and lift him up using the chain so that he is face to face

"You look like an idiot, I don't trust you.."

As i stop talking; I drop the wrapped up Modeus to the floor, leaving him stunned and embarrased, and i disembark en route.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
After the long silence, I finally break into speach.

"Modeus- "

I whip my chain from around my waist and lashed it out towards Modeus' Legs, entangling them, and i pull hard.

Modeus Flies to the ground and lands in an un-flattering heap.

I walk to him, and lift him up using the chain so that he is face to face

"You look like an idiot, I don't trust you.."

As i stop talking; I drop the wrapped up Modeus to the floor, leaving him stunned and embarrased, and i disembark en route.
Modeus would land flat on his chest then growls, his right arm shoots out and grabs ahold of Akronn's ankle and pulls back on it, trying to make Akronn fall off balance. Modeus then pushes himself to his feet and ignores the mud and dirt on his armor and walks over to Akronn. He stands at his full height, head held high and his shoulders broad, he looks down at the young marine and growls at him.

"It seems you dont want to join me on the road to glory after all then, little one."

Modeus then ignores Akronn and walks off to find a suitable base, annoyed at Akronn he picks up a wandering cultist and tears off his limbs one by one as he walks off, leaving a trail of body parts for those who joined him to follow.

1 - 20 of 561 Posts