Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this arguement, sorry i meant discussion, came up in a game.

If a WC 2 spell is cast with only the minimum dice, so two successes and the oppenent rolls one deny success so cancelling one of the successes. does this then mean the spell doesn't work or do both of the successes need to be countered?

still trying to get my head around the way this all works as i've only just started armies with spell casting and somethings don't make sense to me.

·
Registered
332 Posts
How I play it and interupt the rule is if your opponent declares to cast a psychic power that is 2 WC points and rolls 2 dice to cast then if you deny both dice with a successful deny the witch roll then the power does not go off.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah thats what i thought and that was my arguement his was that i neede to have the two success after all deny dice where done. which to me sounded pretty stupid as if it worked that way one deny dice would stop a warp charge three spell.

thanks for the input guys.

·
Registered
773 Posts
You must deny ALL the warp charge points that were successful to make it cast. So if the spell is WC1 and he rolls 3 successes, you would have to roll 3 deny. If the spell is WC 2 and he rolls 3 successes, you would will have to roll 3 deny.
You DO NOT just have to roll enough dice to turn a pass to a fail. AKA 3 success on a WC 2 and you get 2 deny does not mean your opponent got only 1 WC so fails.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts