·
Registered
102 Posts
What can I say.... I like them all.. =)
Nice poses and sh*t... *thumbs up*

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Lots of good work here KF!! Love the WoC bits and the FW dread is excellent. Keep up the good work man!

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
A few more additions to the great company.

The next man in this month's squad for the painting challenge, finished not an hour ago.

June's entry, Long Fangs.

These guys are actually the very first squad I bought when the first SW codex came out nearly 20 years ago. Stripped and basecoated, they will soon retake their place fighting for the All Father.

I ordered this fella last night from BitsPudlo, so expect to see him on here soon as well.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Finally finished the entry for August in the painting challenge. I was doing really well until the very last fella, and then I just couldn't seem to get a minute to paint.

I converted another guy in the mean time, because I thought they needed a plasma gun, and this time I left the thigh plates from the WoC on the torso because on looking at the pictures of the finished models I thought they looked a bit squat around the torso. This worked nicely, and he is noticabley taller than his buddies. I'll get him painted in due course.

It's a toss up between another squad of scouts or a land speeder for this month's entry in the challenge.

·
Angryman
4,304 Posts
There looks like there are a hell of a lot of them. Any chance of an army shot. You seem to be making very swift progress.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
There looks like there are a hell of a lot of them. Any chance of an army shot. You seem to be making very swift progress.
To be honest there wasn't a whole lot done until the army painting challenge started. I have to say it's been excellent for keeping me motivated, as I seem to work best to a deadline. I'll try and get a group shot up soon.

On to this month's entries. As I've said before I like very fast moving armies, and part of this is going to be a full squadron of land speeders. This is the second of the three required, a typhoon to add some long range power. As the challenge this month allows two entries to make up for any month we missed, I'll also be painting a wolf priest to lead my BCs.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Looking good KF! Love the use of the WoC parts and I look forward to seeing the LS all painted up.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
great looking as ever. Man, that thunderwolf looks like it could chew the arm off some heretics too!!
He sure does, and he's going to have some help from an iron priest mounted on a tamed juggernaught and the new Ogre mournfang mounts. I've preordered a box because I think this is the closest we'll get to thunderwolf cavalry. Besides, they're cool models.:eek:k:

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
I got some painting done today and got my Wolf Priest for the painting challenge done. I really like this model, I can't put my finger on exactly why, but it's now one of my favourites in my army.

I also received this bad boy in the post today, along with a few extra sets of legs. I think it's pretty obvious I'll be calling him Two-Face. I have to say after seeing this model I'd recommend BitsPudlo to anyone. The detail on him is fantastic, and I will be purchasing the other two wolves they have.

Just to give you an idea of size, here he is beside the juggernaut that will be ridden by my Iron Priest.

This guy I just threw together after looking at my bits box, and it surprised me I hadn't seen it before. The banner from the chaos warriors box I bought to make my converted GHs, and the original SW banner bearer.

·
Unfinished Project King
7,409 Posts
Good looking stuff KF!!! The Rune Priest is looking good though the head of the pelt could use a bit more highlighting. It looks a bit darker than the rest of the pelt.

I look forward to seeing the Big wolf and the Juggy riding Iron Priest.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Nice Man.. =) I like the priest as well..:)

Have you had any thoughts of the shoulder pad color on your wolf rider?
It hit me yesterday that I don't know what kind of pack-type they belong to. I found a vague reference to them being wolf guards?

Hopefully I will find the time to start painting my wolves as well next week.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Cheers guys.:eek:k:

The Rune Priest is looking good though the head of the pelt could use a bit more highlighting. It looks a bit darker than the rest of the pelt.

I look forward to seeing the Big wolf and the Juggy riding Iron Priest.
Would you believe I used my neighbours mongrel as a kind of template for the pelt? He's a shaggy sheep dog cross, but the hair on his head is shorter with less colour than the rest of the coat. I copped it while looking out the window while painting. Strange, where you can get ideas from.:biggrin: As to the TWs, I'm having to seriously fight the urge to start these guys now at the expense of the LS I have left to paint for this month's painting challenge entry.

Great looking models all around, especially enjoying the WoC conversions, they work incredibly well as SW.
Thanks Boc. They do, dont they? I found the tute online, and it has since been refined here. It's a great blog for the SW lovers out there.

Have you had any thoughts of the shoulder pad color on your wolf rider?
It hit me yesterday that I don't know what kind of pack-type they belong to. I found a vague reference to them being wolf guards?
Their entry in the codex says that tracking and capturing a TW is thought to be an intitiation to the higher ranks of the WG. They are considered an elite within the WG, an already elite formation, which says a lot about them. The traditional black and yellow will do the job.

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
I really should be getting on with the LS, but I couldn't help getting the Iron Priest done. Imagine my distress when I realised I couldn't even give him a plasma pistol. Oh well. He's a bit of a mongrel, with parts from GW, BitsPudlo, and MaxMini. What do you guys think?

·
Dazed and confused.
8,496 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I finished this Land Speeder this evening with a little help from a Dutch brewery. That's my two entries for this month's Painting Challenge completed way ahead of the deadline for once. Gives me a head start on next month.:eek:k:

And here is my dutch friend overseeing proceedings...

21 - 40 of 594 Posts