Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I decided to try something a little bit different, and I'm looking to create a flavorful, interesting army. I wanted some magic, but I didn't want to go with a boring Teclis-banishment route or anything like that. I've decided instead on the Loremasters of Caledor, a unique blend of magic and all things draconic.

Dragon Mage of Caledor - 445
lv2, Dragon Armor, Enchanted Shield, Talisman of Protection

Loremaster - 255
Dispel Scroll

Loremaster - 235
Luckstone

Loremaster - 235
Dragonbane Gem

Lothern Sea Guard - 258
19, Full Command

Lothern Sea Guard - 258
19, Full Command

Lothern Sea Guard - 258
19, Full Command

Lothern Skycutter - 120
Bolt Thrower

Lothern Skycutter - 120
Bolt Thrower

Great Eagle - 65
Shredding Talons, Swiftsense

Great Eagle - 65

Great Eagle - 65

Great Eagle - 65

Flamespyre Phoenix - 225

Dragon Princes of Caledor - 165
x5, Musician & SB

Dragon Princes of Caledor - 165
x5, Musician & SB

Using the Seaguard as a very elite infantry; they're expensive but better than most other armies when it comes to horde blocks. A Loremaster goes in each, and with extremely versatile magic. Heavy Knights? Lore of Metal. Must win battle? Buff with Beasts or Curse with Heavens or Shadow. It gives me a great deal of firepower also, coupled with the Dragon Mage's fireballs and three large squads of archers.

Eagles and Skycutters go around harassing, while the Dragon Princes crush things as needed. The Flamespire is there just because I like the idea of another 'dragon' in my list (my eagles are modeled as drakes, my skycutters pulled by smaller drakes, etc) and I can cause more grief with another flying monster. Finally the Dragon Mage is just a must have in my list, I love the model, I love the idea of him. My own complaint is I can't make him the General.

·
Mad as a sack of Squigs
2,035 Posts
On the Dragon Princes I'd drop the standard on one unit to give the other the flaming banner so you have a hard counter to regeneration.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm thinking that since my Princes are my hammers, I want as much combat resolution as I can get. I'd rather strip the minimal trinkets off those Loremasters; just extra points really.

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shameless plug: looking for any more suggestions or tweaks on this one before I start purchasing.

Should I go with 10 DPs instead of x2 5 DPs?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts