Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If GW were to release a new race for warhammer. Who/what would you like to see?

Personally I'd like to see Half Elves. Kinda like a left over from the Elven occupation of the Old World they've been hiding up in the mountains and are only now coming back down. They would be a kinda cross between Wood Elves and Humans, no black powder weapons, not really magic heavy either, a small and elitish force. Probably close combat focussed. Either that or a book devoted to the Norse. That would be cool I think.

What about you?

·
Registered
84 Posts
There are not that many race that haven't been covered already, with out going into the half breed options.

Half Elves / Half Orcs etc

I would like them to bring back Chaos Dwarfs properly, with a new model range.

I remember the good old days with the Earthshaker cannon and Death Rocket.

Pure class! :mrgreen:

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea thats a good point, Chaos Dwarfves would be cool as they are mentioned in fluff occasionally.

·
Registered
84 Posts
It wouldn't be too hard to do a viking themed army with chaos marauders etc I was thinking of doing a Raiders themed army but then i saw the New Vampire Counts Codex so i think i'll get them first

·
Registered
182 Posts
I personally would like to see one from Ind, Cathay or Nippon. One of these races could really add some much needed diversity on the Warhammer battlefield.

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What were you thinking of being in those armies? - light cavalry?, skirmishers?

There has always been a lot of debate over what those armies would be focussed on. Your thoughts?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok Im gonna date myself.. I have a Chaos Dwf army (not finished and the codex)
There use to be an unoffical codex for a Nippion army too. Not sure where to look for it but its still floating around the net.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I think War Elephants as a Hvy Calvary choice would rock. Also skirmishing Samurai would be cool. We all know of the superior gunpowder found in the East, so some interesting things could be done with that.

·
Pally-HO!!!!
1,417 Posts
cathay would be kinda like bretonia with samurai instead of knights i think...same feudal system by my reckoning
it would be cool if they were an amalgamation of the different asian histories; samurai, ninjas, corsairs, alchemists...the possibilities are endless!!
and they would have real dragons...whats not to like?

·
Jac "Baneblade" O'Bite
8,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So Cathy would be more of a melting pot than the Empire is already?

I have a Empire army but not really heard much about Cathy. Its there I know but is there much fluff on it?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I know it'll never happen, but I'd love to have a 'dragon' army or similar. 1 or 2 super powered models that count as your core, heroes etc and the other army spends the entire time trying to bring down. It's a conceptual thing for me, i think - like Godzilla in a fantasy setting! It'd be awesome!

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
steam tank armoured company. Its not a new race but i would love to see a list for one.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
a proper hobgobin cavalry army based on the mongols the fluff was already there as they are supposed to fight around the cathay area

·
Premium Member
2,602 Posts
I think for a proper release it would have to be Chaos Dwarves, as i think they have alot of potential as they could affectively change alot of the backgorund, rules, units etc....with out massive consequences, and make something very different to whats already out there.

Other than that Norse or nippon kinda make sense as there were old school models and fluff that some of us remember, but again they could do almost anything with the army and model range without too much upset.

I would love to see something really cool done to the darkelves too, although i think they probably will when there re-released. More plastics, decent sculpts and non crap looking cold ones would be a good start :)

1 - 20 of 60 Posts