Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I just started my first 40k army and I just fell for the CSM and all of their badassery anyway heres the back story of my marines named the forsaken because fluff is the shit!!

Every so often a marine will be separated from his chapter and be relocated to the rim of the imperium to protect the boarders. One of these planets was Ida 1 and would be occasionally attacked by wandering orcs. But the marines positioned there never faltered and so the people revered them as the hand of the emperor that protected them from the horrors of the galaxy. Unfortunately a space hulk tore its way trough the warp and shortly after cultists of chaos began surfacing all across the planet and soon most of the planet was consumed by chaos. requesting aid the marines called for the inquisition and together they held off the brunt of the advance of chaos and its forces however they were not making ground and so were fighting a losing battle. studying the chaotic origins within the space hulk the inquisition found a chaos artifact. losing all of their scouts they decided to send the remaining marines to crush the source of the chaos. Once aboard however they soon realized that the reports where false and as turned their gaze at Ida 1 they saw a cleansing fire that claimed the entire planet. The inquisition did not have the means to stop the marines who would have been opposed to the sacrifice of the entire planet and felt it best that they were taken out of the picture. But before the marines could escaped to look for survivors the warp reclaimed the space hulk and its new passengers. trapped onboard the marines were left to their hate and in so caught the attention of tzeentch. Tzeentch than bound all of the souls lost on Ida 1 to the hull of the space hulk and left the marines trapped inside listening to cries of everyone who was sacrificed until the marines where driven insane craving revenge on the imperium. Having new pawns the lord of change would release the forsaken from their cage wandering in the warp and wherever the space hulk was seen the "mercy" of the right hand of the emperor was sure to follow.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
This belongs in the Homebrew Fluff section, I'm sure a moderator will redirect it. Just a few things though, are the renegade marines from some specific chapter? Or are they just marines the Inquistion 'acquired' from many other chapters? Also, the Inquisition has no direct control over the Adeptus Astartes (Space Marines), so they wouldn't be able to just take marines and deploy them were ever they feel they're needed. Also when the marines were sent on the hulk they more than likely were the elite Terminator-clad Marines, due to the hulks' unpredictable cargo, and even then the most a chapter or whoever could send would be maybe 10-20 at the very most, you have to remember, these are the elite of the elite who are clad in dreadnought armor, which is incredibly tough. Also, when they observed the planet being destroyed they probably wouldn't care enough to want to turn rouge, being able to live almost a millennium has a way of making people not generally care about mortality all that much, so they may be displeased, but not enough to turn.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts