Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well time to build a new army.

two armies i'm thinking of doing. will eventually get both but which i wanted to concentrate first.

List one

HQ

Kharne the betrayer

troops
8x beserkers
-2x chain axes
-champ Power Axe
-VoTLW
10x beserkers
-2x chain axes
-champ plasma pistol Power Axe
-VoTLW
10x beserkers
-2x chain axes
-VoTLW

HS
vindicator
Predator
-lascannon sponsons
maulerfiend
-lasher tendrils

Formation
the fallen
Cypher
1x chosen unit
-plasma gun
-champ power axe
1x chosen unit
-melta gun
-champ power fist

and list 2
HQ
Slaanesh deamon prince
-wings
-power armour
-black mace

Troops
10 chaos space marines
-plasma gun
-extra CCW
-champ power sword plasma pistol melta bombs
10 chaos space marines
-plasma gun
-extra CCW
10 chaos space marines
-melta gun
-extra CCW
-champ power axe plasma pistol melta bombs
10 chaos space marines
-melta gun
-extra CCW

HS
vindicator
predator
-heavy bolter sponsons
predator
-lascannon sponsons

that's what im thinking of at the moment but open to suggestions as these are new build lists for me.

cheers guys

·
Registered
158 Posts
Are these lists both the same amount of points?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah they're both 1500pnt lists as that is what we play amoungst ourselves

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
well time to build a new army.

two armies i'm thinking of doing. will eventually get both but which i wanted to concentrate first.

List one

HQ

Kharne the betrayer

troops
8x beserkers
-2x chain axes
-champ Power Axe
-VoTLW
10x beserkers
-2x chain axes
-VoTLW
10x beserkers
-2x chain axes
-VoTLW

HS
vindicator
Predator
-lascannon sponsons
maulerfiend
-lasher tendrils

Formation
the fallen
Cypher
1x chosen unit
-plasma gun
-champ power axe
1x chosen unit
-melta gun
-champ power fist

and list 2
HQ
Slaanesh deamon prince
-wings
-power armour
-black mace

Troops
10 chaos space marines
-plasma gun
-extra CCW
10 chaos space marines
-plasma gun
-extra CCW
10 chaos space marines
-melta gun
-extra CCW
10 chaos space marines
-melta gun
-extra CCW

HS
vindicator
predator
-heavy bolter sponsons
predator
-lascannon sponsons

that's what im thinking of at the moment but open to suggestions as these are new build lists for me.

cheers guys
Hola Woodzee. I recall you as a veteran, so i'll ask right away: what level of competitiveness are you looking after AND thera are some model you just want to use , for the rule of cool?

List 1: i can see where are you going here.
Suggestions i can give... plasma pistols in the zerkers squad, you might want to give those to troopers instead of champion, about powerfists, i always feel better served with meltabombs and power axe. Suggesting the swap. Votl is...well...if you really like it for the fluff :)
About the Heavy support slots, i can say that a slow movy bulk of marines must have fast support in the form of monsters. One maulerfiend is not enough,while one predator is not enough again to crack enemy armour. I advise to take two Maulerfiends. The vindicator can be funny to mix inbetween 20 zerkers!

About the formation...i don't really like them, but if you do, i suggest to avoid mixing roles, meaning skip melee, since you will find them dead from retaliation fire by turn 2. I'd rather give the squads twin plasmaguns and twin meltaguns for Infiltrating nastyness.

About list 2:
why slaaneshon the derp prince? Might aswell be khorne...the slaaneshi benefits will be nill thanks to the AP2 and mace powers.
I'd even rather drop him entirely and get lord Huron for some infiltrating shenanigans with those marines. Saved points could buy you a couple of spawns to claim objectives!

Then, the marines squads, since you are running 10 model, you should use double special weapons. Otherwise might aswell run 6-7 buggers with one special and buy a rhino.
I admit i'm openly suggesting it, 3 bodies less per team, but a rhino more is extremely good a bargain: more survivability, mobile cover, more maneuvrability.
3 Rhinos and 3 tanks won't be so easy to open unless you face some stupid waac lists. Also, all marines squad are assault teams, so no plasma. I'd say all meltaguns. Assault weapons FTW. A nice touch could be give the plasma squad double flamers and a combiflamer on the champ. FWOOOSHH!

Also, by dropping all the plasma pistols you could get full laser on every predator and maybe still have some points for that odd combimelta on those rhinos. You are going to go melee with those marines so those pistols will be shooting once if ever in the game.

What do you think?

·
Registered
533 Posts
I agree some rhinos are in order! I think they go well with CSM squads armed with bolters, BP and CCW, because it means when you disembark you can blast away with bolters and then the following turn you have the freedom to shoot pistols and charge or just shoot bolters again

Anyway, I prefer the second list. If you're going to have marines running forward on foot it's probably best they're cheap and more numerous since lots of them are going to die before they get a chance to do anything

I'd find points to upgrade the auto/HB predator to have a havoc launcher and possibly a combi-bolter and warpflame gargoyles. Might as well get more shots from it

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
been away at work haven't had a chance to get back on thanks for the input from you guys the lists were to be more of a semi competitive lists just more so for the fluff side of things my uber competitive lists are my orks and chaos daemons. so this was just to spice up the group we play in as a lot of space marine lists amongst my friends thus the reason for VoTLW. I was thinking about getting rhinos to ferry the units across the board which I probably will take and if I do I would put havoc launchers on them so that once the units get out the rhinos can still have a purpose.

@neferhet the reason I went with the slaanesh DP was for his speed to get across the board and start to harass early and he can take a fair bit before he is killed he was in it more so to draw the fire away from the foot units. but running rhinos would cange this tactic.

I didn't realise that you could give the regular berserkers the plasma pistols until you pointed it out. so that would be more food for thought.

thanks heaps for the input guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts