Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everybody. It's obvious that I'm new since I'm posting here so I'll get straight to the point. I recently started playing and already played through my very first battle with a list I made on my own, though suffice to say I lost that game. The Tyranids popped out to me since I'm fascinated with creatures that look alien, cold-blooded, armor ridden, and armed to the teeth with natural growths designed for what they want. The wide varieties they possess for both combat and visual effects intrigued me to no end and their background stories were an excellent read for anybody interested in the simple concepts of destruction on a massive scale all for feeding the whole of the hive. Though I've only played one game, I already made a new list that I wanted to run by whoever might be reading and would like to give me useful advice, so here it is:

HQ:
Swarmlord-280 points

Troops:
Termagant Brood-360 points total
-30 gants with toxic sacs
-30 gants with toxic sacs

Tyranid Warrior Brood-300 points total
-5 warriors with dual boneswords, barbed strangler, toxin sacs, adrenal glands

Heavy Support:
Trygon Prime-265 points total
-regeneration

Tyrannofex-295 points total
-flesh-borer hive, dissicator larvae, regeneration

I happen to like the concept of regeneration myself, since it's saved my monstrous creatures rather well in my first game. Well that's all I've got for now, so I hope to meet plenty of you all around the forums.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Maybe one of the Mods could move this topic over to the Tyranid Army Lists section where it can be responded to properly.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Nids are a fun army, remember its all about numbers with them. you want to have more than your enemy. i see a lot of nid plays upgrade there nids too much wich dwindles down numbers. Also try putting some guard one or two with the swarm lord, it will almost guarentee that he will be able to make it into combat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts