Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally finished my first miniature. I don't know exactly how to describe how it felt, as i've never picked up a paint brush or had any real training when it came to painting. Infact, most of the information i've gathered about painting has been read off this board, and i think because of that it turned out pretty well.

The Model was a seargent from the AOBR package, i'll probably end up stripping him of all paint and shaving off the ultramarine shoulderpad with my hobby knife. I'm currently trying to find the cord to upload a picture of him, because i like to know what i could do better when i repaint him.

Now because i've started a blood angel army, there wasn't much point in purchasing a Techmarine w/vulcan cannon. But it's one model that i've been looking forward to painting once the budget allows. (I'll be out of a job in 9 days, so things are getting pretty tight.) I love the detailing on the model and think it would be a lot of fun to paint.

I was wondering if anyone else is looking forward to painting a particular model in the future, and what about it appeals it to you.

·
Premium Member
5,674 Posts
I'd really like to paint the FW Nurgle Sorceror. I have wanted it since seeing it on it's preview day but still haven't gotten round to buying it.

Let us know when pics are up, I'll try my best to help you where I can.

·
Death Before Dishonour
1,430 Posts
Well for Fantasy I'd have to say a Lizardmen Slann is something I've always wanted to paint.
40k would be the Lord of Change and LotR would be the Balrog

Grish

·
Registered
267 Posts
I realy want to paint these models. Don't know why they just look awesome. I suppose I like the dramatic poses and detail on the models. Oh and well done on painting your first model dude :clapping:

·
Registered
755 Posts
the model i would love to paint at them moment is the changeling (its not out but its on advance order), it looks like a really cool model with such a good pose like he's casting a spell.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I am saving to do the FW chaos dragon. It gives me shivers to do it.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Forgeworld Bloodthirster and Tyranid Biotitan.. Yummeh..

They both just have a huge presence and would take an eternity to paint. I think I would enjoy most splitting the model into parts and painting it bit by bit and not moving on until I was happy to the next part...

Both are great models though...

·
Registered
364 Posts
Skartooth, I'll have a pic up soon of Sternguard I'm painting just now. They were minis I really wanted to paint, so i bought a pair of boxes...

:biggrin:

Mini I'd most like to paint just now is the Nurgle Death Guard Dreadnought from Forgeworld. Not got the pennies to invest in it at the moment though.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Mine was a warhound titan but I finished that :) Such a great feeling to have a mini that I wanted for years.

I'm liking the white dwarf in space suit

Really like Juan's slaan as said by a previous poster.

Chaos Lord on Daemon Steed, and Khorne Lord on Juggernaut both look like they'd be awesome to paint as are the duellists from the empire collectors range.

Must resist adding to the painting queue lol; bad thread ;p

·
Registered
118 Posts
emperors champion, vulkan, the new fw shas'o...but the thingsid do to just see a painted manta....I actually wouldn't want to paint one, I feel likemy average skills wouldn't be up to it

·
Jeep's and Harley's
1,997 Posts
The Warlord Titan is what I want to build and paint ... sadly they make no model for it. I could scratch build it but I am better at working with metal than I am plasticard. If I built it the bastard would not be able to be put on a table as it would weigh about 160 pounds.:( But I could weld the whole damn thing up after I cut all the parts out of 1/8 steel plate. Oh, how fun would that be?:biggrin:

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
FW wise, Chaos Dragon / SW Dread / Blood thirster

GW wise new DP, and my khorne commanders which Ive done already

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
From Forge World it would have to be the Ork Gargantuan Squiggoth and the Mega Dread models. Both are amazingly detailed and it would be a shame to just throw a "tabletop" job on either of them. I could see spending hundreds of hours one either one and still find things that need attention.

From GW I would have to say the Throne of Judgement is an awesome looking model. I have zero use for it, but I would love to give that one a go. On a smaller scale, the Konrad von Carstein model also catches my eye as a fun and challenging model to paint.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts