Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What if 1 of the missing primarch's was found on earth?
What do you think are legion name/style would be and
do you think we would have converted to chaos with horus?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Do you mean what if one of the Primarchs hadn't been scattered off Earth with the rest? I'd like to say he wouldn't have turned because he'd have been raised almost entirely by the Emperor, but then again Horus was also with the Emperor for a long time and look how that turned out.

Obviously a Primarch wasn't left on earth because Horus was the first found, but IF a Primarch was then I imagine it would take it's style of warfare very much from it's Terran roots (much like the Imperial Fists in a way).

·
Grand Lord Munchkin
7,044 Posts
This is ridicules. lol You are saying "what if one of the primarchs was thrown back in time to earth?!" lmfao OR you are saying that “what if a giant psykic beacon was left on terra and the greatest psyker to have ever existed.... didn't even notice.” Either way, no.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
I think what he is trying to say is that if terra was not earth and a primarch was found on earth (present day) during the great crusade.

What mannerism's would he have etcetc
I'm not sure but i think he would be a man of business or politics rather than law probably a great orater very lorgarish
I also think he would have turned for chaos swayed by the artistic beauty of slaanesh

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
I'd guess, if he ended up on Earth, not Terra... How he'd end up would depend on where he landed and who he was brought up by.

If he ended up in a western country, he'd probably end up like one of the normal space marines.... if he landed in the middle east, he'd probably end up going to chaos or being forced into it since their religious veiw is soo extremist and different from Imperial edict...

Style wise... given Earths modern artists, it would probably be something simple but striking, in bright colours. As for the rest... well, as said, it depends where he landed since we have so many diverse cultures.

·
Registered
745 Posts
What if 1 of the missing primarch's was found on earth?
What do you think are legion name/style would be and
do you think we would have converted to chaos with horus?
i think what your trying to say:

A. what would happen if a primarch was found on earth: he would have been found straight away and would have basically been bought up from a child by the emperor, as the emperor wanted to bring him up. so he would have been the prodigal son and hopefully the best a primarch can be without all the failings the others did. guidence from Him from birth would have been great and not the dividing line between the primarch and humanity as whats speculated as the purpose of the scattering of the primarchs.

B. What do you think are legion name/style would be: hard to say as obviously the legions had their styles before the primarchs came back but that got changed to styles of the planets they ended up on. more than likely they have been golden suited warriors along the lines of custodes and imperial fists as they would have looked up to the emperor more than anyone being so close to the emperor like horus was. maybe it would have been some sort of tribute to Him but then the luna wolves were clad in white so maybe it would have been that theme. hard to say really, if there is a definate pre-primarch legion paint scheme just pick one as per primarch you think landed on earth.

C. do you think he would have converted to chaos with horus: well if he landed on earth then he would have been first to be found and then he would be His favourite. we dont really quite understand if horus turned because of something from being on cthonia or if it was always something in him that couldnt handle the pressure of being the emperors favourite and always having that feeling was he up to what the emperor expected.

the thing is some primarchs are more suited to being the warmaster than others so maybe horus just wasnt up to it say more than another in some form but being the emperors favourite he got the job anyway even if he not the most qualified.

i think someone bought up by the emperor and guided to be what he was supposed to be wouldnt have turned and would have shared the emperors vision more than anyone and would have always set out to accomplish what He wanted and would have destroyed anyone that attempted to prevent that.

when you look at it, horus was weak before the emperor found him. maybe the humans that found him sowed doubt into him indirectly and it just manifested when the pressure got too much. also dont forget that horus is classed as a weak second for being the right hand of chaos. they always wanted magnus but obviously things didnt work out as they hoped with him.

hope that helps you with your questions mate :)

·
Registered
843 Posts
C. do you think he would have converted to chaos with horus: well if he landed on earth then he would have been first to be found and then he would be His favourite. we dont really quite understand if horus turned because of something from being on cthonia or if it was always something in him that couldnt handle the pressure of being the emperors favourite and always having that feeling was he up to what the emperor expected.
Such a Primarch would be the favorite and he would be what the Emperor always intended the Primarchs to be, devoid of the flaws all of the Primarchs had by being raised by mortal men. So such a Primarch would never have fallen to Chaos.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Such a Primarch would be the favorite and he would be what the Emperor always intended the Primarchs to be, devoid of the flaws all of the Primarchs had by being raised by mortal men. So such a Primarch would never have fallen to Chaos.
yeah, thats what i said.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i say he's the chairman of FIFA how else do you manage to bring the whole world together for four weeks every four years?

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i say he's the chairman of FIFA how else do you manage to bring the whole world together for four weeks every four years?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Ok. If we're saying a primarch was launched back in time to modern day Terra, I'd argue that primarch becomes the grandfather paradox, especially if he was flung back to a time predating 8000 BCE.

If we're saying Earth, as we know it, exists somewhere in the 30th millenium, that the great crusade is happening right now, and that we're not on Holy Terra... I'd say the primarch would probably be a young, tall officer in the military, or a charismatic performance artist of some form. I won't say who, but primarchs all stood out as leaders of men, generally also being among the taller humans on their world, and most primarchs were found in their early adult lives, but too far into them to be fully infused with the organs of a space marine.

I do have to ask though. If horus was found first, and all legions were based out of the world their primarch was found on, and if each primarch was such a powerful psychic beacon to the Emperor, why the fr*ck*ng h*ll didn't the Emperor find Rogal Dorn first!?

·
Registered
5,934 Posts
Ok. If we're saying a primarch was launched back in time to modern day Terra, I'd argue that primarch becomes the grandfather paradox, especially if he was flung back to a time predating 8000 BCE.

If we're saying Earth, as we know it, exists somewhere in the 30th millenium, that the great crusade is happening right now, and that we're not on Holy Terra... I'd say the primarch would probably be a young, tall officer in the military, or a charismatic performance artist of some form. I won't say who, but primarchs all stood out as leaders of men, generally also being among the taller humans on their world, and most primarchs were found in their early adult lives, but too far into them to be fully infused with the organs of a space marine.

I do have to ask though. If horus was found first, and all legions were based out of the world their primarch was found on, and if each primarch was such a powerful psychic beacon to the Emperor, why the fr*ck*ng h*ll didn't the Emperor find Rogal Dorn first!?
Well first off the Primarchs wouldn't have had the surgery to have the organs given to Space Marines, they were never human so they don't need to be further engineered to be raised above such a lowly station- they're as far above an Astartes as a Space Marine is above a human.

Second Dorn wasn't found on Terra, he was raised on Inwit and when the Emperor neared that system Dorn presented himself in the gigantic space fortress The Phalanx, most of the Legion was Terran and the Fists were allowed to recruit from Terra (as well as other planets).

·
Registered
745 Posts
what sepp blatter?! now i know a primarch can be a arsehole (guilleman) but this guy is even beyond even what a primarch could achieve. so no, the chairman of FIFA is not a primarch :D

·
Registered
2,216 Posts
no he's OBAMA. think about it the first black president of the united states! and no im not racist just gotta give vulkan some brotherly love. ohhhh yeaah. lol

please do not take this post seriusly pm if you have a problem and i wont post anything like this again.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
i was thinking that meself most powerful man in the world can send his forces anywhere at a given notice...yeah he's the US president but here's one for you all he is a she and she is the only female primarch now that really would be a pisser to the males of the Imperium with that little gem...going back to work now enjoy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts