Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Tossing up the character sheets of those you have listed as playing with the exception of deathbringer because I think he mentioned altering his character or something.

me said:
Name: Aldegar Vestergeist

Appearance:
Aldegar is a heavier man, time spent as a farm hand toughening his features and tanning his skin to something more akin to leather. His weather beaten face is framed by a pair of green beady eyes, topped with a mess of mid length brown hair, and crudely kept stubble around his chin and jaw. The flesh of his arms are nicked with small cuts from various animal bites, plan spines, or testing the sharpness of a tool where needed; his hands receiving amongst the worst of this as well as heavy callousing.

Height: Five foot nine (one hundred eighty centimeters)

Weight:
two hundred ten pounds (ninety five kilograms)

Personality: Aldegar is fairly simple, having lived a simple life as a farmhand for his family since he could walk. He is far from the brightest, and more often than not willing to start a fight in order to quiet down someone trying to act over on him. To say that he has gotten in trouble for knocking a few teeth out is no stretch of the truth, and to say the favour has never been returned before would equally not be a lie.

Aldegar is simple, easy to anger when he thinks someone is trying to act high and mighty with him even though they are the same, and a fair bit easier to tempt. A tad on the gullible side of life due to a life spent in or near the village not interacting with those who are less than honest. However, due to the trauma he suffered in being unable to help protect those he loved, Aldegar secretly desires to either butcher those responsible or at least die trying.

Village Job: Farm hand, was to join the Imperial Navy

Background: Aldegar comes from a long line of men in his family who began as farmers and then joined the Imperial Navy of the Empire. It was tradition for each man to learn the trades of his father, and then around his twentieth season he would join the marines as someone who could work hard, take punishment, and understood the value of hard work. The reward being to see the world, to earn your way, and pay back the land by keeping it safe from the vile beasts and horrors that would desire otherwise.

Aldegar is no different than any other member of his family, headstrong but a hard worker; things all but beaten into him over the years by his father like they were all but beaten into him by his father. On his last day in the village, it was attacked and though Aldegar did his best to protect those important to him, his ma and three sisters and the woman he loved enough to consider running away with; it was all for naught. Aldegar managed to survive the ordeal but not without losing all those he cared for; of all things, revenge and death fuel Aldegar though he does not care to admit it.

Weapon List: Hand axe and cleaver, neither of them are anything special and Aldegard is far from any master swordsman. Then again, a big, strong guy punching, clubbing, chopping, or stabbing you is probably not a great thing anyway.

Equipment: Aged leather jerkin and wool shirt, rough leather boots, worn down pants. Aldegar has a belt, one of a few momento's of his family, this one of his father; it is tanned bear hide with a back sheath for the knife and a goatskin pouch for water. In addition Aldegar has some tinder and flint, a rough woolen cloak, tent, and pack. (He's a farmhand, used to sleeping on rough, hard, or uneven ground with only his clothes for comfort.)
Rodmillard said:
Name: Alfred Wessen
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 154 Lb

Appearance: Alfred is short, barely 5'6" tall, but is well muscled from carrying barrels up from the inns cellars. He has mousey brown hair which falls to his shoulders, but is usually tied back in a loose pony tail. His eyes are his most striking feature, being a deep sea green colour. Being from a (comparatively) wealthy family, his clothes are of good fabric, but practically cut and in muted colours.

Personality: Alfred always has a tale to tell that he overheard in the bar, or a new song he has heard (which he can repeat perfectly from memory, in a pleasant baritone voice); he is actually deeply insecure, and his constant jokes and tales are a coping mechanism to deflect attention away from himself. Much of his popularity with the local youths stems from the fact that he can usually sneak a flask of mead or a bottle of wine from his father's cellar when he thinks his parents aren't looking. The truth (which only his closest friends know) is that he secretly wants to become a bard, wandering the roads of the empire and literally singing for his supper. Although he mourns his parents, there is a tiny voice at the back of his mind which says "now is your chance..."

Village Job: Innkeeper's son

Background: Alfred had a very lonely childhood. He was an only child, and his parents both worked long hours leaving him alone upstairs while they served in the inn. He was bullied mercilessly by some of the other children, and indeed for most of his life he has had to put up with distasteful jokes about his height (did your mother **** a dwarf? you get the general idea).
When he was old enough, he started to help his father in the inn - at first just seeing to the guests horses, but later working in the kitchen and cellars. On his sixteenth birthday, his father hired a wandering bard to perform and threw a party for his coming of age. From then on, he worked behind the bar with his parents, serving customers and on occasion helping his father to break up fights - he was strong enough to pull fighters apart, and soon learned how to defend himself if someone pulled a knife.
Alfred was away from the village when it was attacked, bringing a wagon load of ale back from the brewer in the big town. When he saw the smoke he abandonned his cart and ran home with just his pack (by the time he thought to go back for it someone had stolen the wagon, along with its precious cargo). He tried to go into the inn to find his parents, but the heat was too intense. Some of the other survivors told him later that his parents had hidden in the cellar - which would have been a good idea, if the fire hadn't reached the kegs of liquor...

Weapons: Stout oak cudgel and a dagger
Equipment: leather boots, grey wool tunic and braes, beige linen shirt, leather apron, flask of spiced mead, small tinder and flint bow, black woolen cloak, bedroll, backpack, and 1 man tent.
Komanko said:
Name: Nysard R'lyeh :)D)

Appearance: Nysard stands at about 5.7 ft,with a pretty muscly and athletic build he looks not to high but high enough to not look low. He has a long brown hair, but most of the time he combs his hair and forms a ponytail so it wont interfere with his work. Nysard has green eyes, and he grows a small beard which he loves to "pet" while he is thinking. Beyond that Nysard has a scar across his face from the left part of the forehead down to the lower right cheek. Most of the time Nysard wears a leather shirt and a fur jacket on top of it.

Height: 5.7 ft

Weight: about 75 kg ( I think its ok)

Personality: Nysrad speaks his mind most of the time and wont hide what he feels about a certain thing or about someone. He is a fun man to be with and he trusts easily. Generally Nysard is a good person, which will help someone in need. Except that Nysard wont agree to do a job for someone without getting paid unless he knows this man or woman very good.

Village Job: Woodcutter

Background: Nysard R'lyeh was born and raised in the same village as his parents, the same village which the story takes place. He always liked sports and it didn't matter to him if he wins or loses. He treated sports as fun and not as a competition most of the time. The formal education that he had was from his parents which taught him how to read and write and various other things. As soon as he was in age, his father took him to work with him in the woods, as it was a tradition in the family. since the age of 15 he worked with his father in the woods, at first it was hard for him, but as time went on he grew stronger and the work became easier and faster, But one day there was a raid on the village. A group of beastmen attacked the village laying waste to the village and killing his mother, while that happened Nysard and his father were in the woods. They heard a loud noise from the direction of the village so they ran over there to check whats happening just to see the village aflame. As they approached the village a bestman attacked them, the vile beastmen which carried the mark of chaos undivided on him impaled his father on his horns, piercing him in the hard and killing him instantly. In a rage unknown to him Nysard lifted his axe and slashed at the beastman dismembering his arm, the beastman yelled with pain but was still alive and with a swing of his arm his slashed half of Nysards face leaving a nasty and big scar in the shape of three straight lines. Nysard didn't feel any pain and with rage he lifted his axe again and decapitated the beastman. Only after the killing Nysard rage left and the pain began, he was about to go and help the rest of the village but something hit him strongly in the head and he passed out. The next thing he knew was that he waked up near his dead father in the next morning. He mourned his family for a while but then decided that there was nothing left for him at the village so he and some friend formed a party and decided to strike out on their own, and see where destiny will lead them.

Weapons: Father's woodcutting two handed axe and a small knife.

Equipment: Leather boots, leather pand and leather shirt, also he wears a fur jacket. Small tinder and flint bow, rough woolen cloak, bedroll, backpack, and 1 man tent.

So rodmillard and Komanko, if your making any changes to your characters then shoot me a PM so I can remove what I ave quoted above.

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Got enough yet's and thus's in there deathbringer?

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Well I wanted that soon to be axed character to have some significance to more than just Aldegard, but for whatever reason I seem to be the only one who is not an only child. A rather strange thing given the setting and 'time period.'

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Couldn't even be assed for an actual last name Horn?

By the way, both his parents were enforcers of the law? He have two fathers or something, since the Empire doesn't exactly let women do many, if any, dangerous jobs that are more something men should be doing.

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Your right Angel of Blood, but personally I kinda like Kirsten over Jenna:p

Horn, good point about the secrataries thing, makes sense even though I think in the warhammer world even stuff like that is considered mans work.:dunno:

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
maybe just push the knife in as well
Would it make you feel any better if I did that one instead? Get a little variety in your pain.:wink:

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Hmmm... Were is all?
In regards to the players and posting? Well you have Deathbringer, Euphrati, and myself who know full well to take our times with posting. We tend to not post until we have something of good quality that we are alright with, and in general nothing before that. (And I have been experiencing difficulties due to my laptop having finally burned out after five long years.)

As for everyone/anyone else :unsure: (Seems we do not have a shrugging smiley.)

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Aldegar can be knocked off that list, post just went up for him.

I do want to mention something in regards to the updates though. You keep using 'you would', 'he would', 'it would', etc; but thats not the right thing to be honest. If I would do something, it means I either have not done it yet, or I will not unless a previous condition or even has been met/occured. For example: The stranger would save the struggling man from drowning, but needed to take off his expensive shoes first.

If someone/something is acting or happening then let it happen, give this would shit a rest already because it really does not mean what you are trying to post for us.

"You would barely manage to roll out of the way..." "You would hear a pistol shot..."

The above does not mean that the person manages to barely dodge and hears a gunshot; it means he would if something else happens. If he dodged and hears the shot, then say it. That single filler word changes the whole meaning and distorts what your saying. It does not help it in any way. Watch what happens without the word:

"You barely manage to roll out of the way..." "You hear a pistol shot..."

Clear sequence of things, the person dodges and then hears a shot. No other unknown condition must be met before this happens, it is, has, or will happen just as layed down.

Sorry about that, but I know I mentioned this to you before and it really didn't look like the thing clicked in any true sense. Might not have been as clear when I mentioned it the first time, hopefully this is more so.

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Revan, while its always nice to see the GM NPC acting, I don't think you need to include stuff for him in the update like you do the rest of us. Its not like any of the players have control of him and need to know specifics beyond what you have our characters seeing him do, or how he interacts with us.

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Two things:

leaving you two and Benepal at the temple steps to get yourselves geared up
No, Aldegar left the temple steps already; he was heading to the stables in search of horses. I made sure to say this much in the first of my two posts because like a few of the others Aldegar is not just standing there talking.

Aldegar and Kai are still arguing
Think you mean Nysard, not Kai

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
same, i like to think i've already upped my game from this RP alone, fairly new to them anyway, but having Euphrati and darkreever on the ball has made me try to put more effort in on seeing their posts
Thats why I do it; because we are all capable of doing so much good, people only need an inspiration or reason to try.

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Considering Aldegar's relative lack of experience in taking care of a horse, it should come as little surprise that he did not know that. But fine, every character has now magically obtained the knowledge that horses do not eat meat and woe be to any who play their character as they should...

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
To who? I certainly did not know that before this week; I've seen all of two horses in my life and have no need to learn about them. So it may be common sense for anyone who has actually encountered them for a decent period of time, but for those who have not and know very little about them? Yeah I would rethink that notion.

And again, Aldegar's farm did not have any horses; so no using that as an excuse for why he should know it.

Any more information all of us should now magically know? Should Aldegar stop reffering to Heinrick as the stranger even though he does not actually know his name? (And thats because he walked away, and did not care to hear what the man had to say.)

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Guessing that Aldegar isn't whispering...

Yes he is whispering to her; why in blazes would he want anyone else to here him possibly mention that he might have been wrong? You don't go over to someone and lean in close only to shout or speak at normal volume (when nothing loud is going on); the whole moving in closer becomes a moot waste of time.

He's supposed to be stubborn and very set in certain ways, hell the last few times someone asked or did emotional things around him he worked himself away by insults and half-truths.

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
See, now thats the problem I've always had with these 'planned' updates; especially when you have them known to others. Things rarely go according to plan because most plans don't last very long, and this is a good example of that.

You place a deadline down for when your gonna update and either you end up risking leaving people behind or not following through and giving some bad impression.

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Revan, just so we're clear, I said Aldegar kicked the man between the shins not in one of them. You know, in that place most people would not like to get kicked in.

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
Your the GM, theres little reason for you to change that part of the update on my whims or anything. Though last time I was hit there, it was a bit of an uphill battle to continue on like nothing happened.

It is a rather sensitive weak point no matter who you are; unless your nerve responses are nearly dead or something.

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
I hope you don't mind Euphrati, I was a tad thick about something last night and did not add it to the end.

· Premium Member
6,981 Posts
I have but one thing to say to that: :p

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.