Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I'm inclined to agree with Euphrati; jack-asses buggering off without a word are nothing new to some of the RP's here. (Got more than a fair share in The Claw near the start.)

You still have people interested in this one revan, so unless you yourself have lost all interest and wish to allow your own work to fall short I'd say give it some more time and see what happens. If recruitment is not closed than make sure people know that, and if it is then consider opening it again. Nothing helps an RP where many of the players are gone more than an influx of people who wish to join. Its one of the biggest failings some RP's can have, closed recruitment, and something I personally prefer to do without. (ToB being an exception, which I may rescind depending on how things go.)
I always leave my recruitment threads open for other people to join if they wish as the either post or send me a pm if they wish to be added in. And im slowly loosing faith in this rp due to the lack of posting so if it is possible darkreever, can you lock the action thread, and then ill ask for it to be re-opened when i get some replacements for those who arent posting, is that ok?

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Yeah thats a fair compromise.

So for anyone interested in an RP at this moment, A Life of Adventure and Uncertainty is definitely open and looking for people.

And watch out revan, against some of my better judgment you might be seeing a character from me. (That better judgment has nothing to do with this RP for those wondering, life+various works+GMing three RP's+being helpful where I can elsewhere is not exactly a walk in the park by any means.)

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I'm very sorry, I didn't mean to seem as though I'd walked out, I've just had heavy work-loads. I'm still very much interested in continuing.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
Yeah thats a fair compromise.

So for anyone interested in an RP at this moment, A Life of Adventure and Uncertainty is definitely open and looking for people.

And watch out revan, against some of my better judgment you might be seeing a character from me. (That better judgment has nothing to do with this RP for those wondering, life+various works+GMing three RP's+being helpful where I can elsewhere is not exactly a walk in the park by any means.)
Are you interested in joining or are you joining just to keep it alive?

Farseer: thats fair enough but i would appreciate atleast some warning if people cant post as i do say in all threads i start that if you cant post please give me some warning.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Im in as far as its concerned, I think I posted fairly most of the time but if I take my time just PM me and inform me :D

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I am sorry revan, and I agree I should've told you. However, I must say that you do make your RPs go very, very fast. Whilst it is good to have a GM who updates quickly (unlike me :grin: ) it does put a lot of pressure on the RPers, and here we are mostly used to about one post every 3 days, and that's quite quick. Your updates blast along! Don't get me wrong, it's good; but don't think that everyone can be as fast and imaginative as you. After all, most of us are still mortal! :laugh:

I remember not updating my poor Sick Children for at least a week and a half, because of heavy workloads; but they pulled through, and the RP still continues. Just because it's slow doesn't mean it's dead. For truly slow post-rates, take a look at TVC on Carpe Noctem; I'm one of the fastest, which shows you just how slow everyone else is! :grin:

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
Well there are some people who havent posted in a long time so im getting darkreever to lock the action thread while i find replacements.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Are you interested in joining or are you joining just to keep it alive?
My joining would have nothing to do with the state of the thread itself, it would be interest only. While it might at first appear nice for a person to join up solely to keep something alive, it could quickly devolve into a chore because there is no gaurentee that the joinee wanted to do so.

If I join because I want to, and it serves to be a help, then I did that second thing unintentionally but its welcome all the same.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
I'm still in though my charactor is yet to be introduced
I'd like to get fantasy rps up and running once more

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Agree with deahy, to may space marine kill kill kill, kill the chaos, kill kill kill RP's here :p
A little variation would be nice :D

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
Well then Darkreever, post your character up so i can read it over. If you have any special things you want send me a pm and ill think of a way to add you. Also lock the action thread for now? that way i can get who is in and who isnt sorted first before continuing.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
Well lets see how this does:

Name: Aldegar Vestergeist

Appearance:
Aldegar is a heavier man, time spent as a farm hand toughening his features and tanning his skin to something more akin to leather. His weather beaten face is framed by a pair of green beady eyes, topped with a mess of mid length brown hair, and crudely kept stubble around his chin and jaw. The flesh of his arms are nicked with small cuts from various animal bites, plan spines, or testing the sharpness of a tool where needed; his hands receiving amongst the worst of this as well as heavy callousing.

Height: Five foot nine (one hundred eighty centimeters)

Weight:
two hundred ten pounds (ninety five kilograms)

Personality: Aldegar is fairly simple, having lived a simple life as a farmhand for his family since he could walk. He is far from the brightest, and more often than not willing to start a fight in order to quiet down someone trying to act over on him. To say that he has gotten in trouble for knocking a few teeth out is no stretch of the truth, and to say the favour has never been returned before would equally not be a lie.

Aldegar is simple, easy to anger when he thinks someone is trying to act high and mighty with him even though they are the same, and a fair bit easier to tempt. A tad on the gullible side of life due to a life spent in or near the village not interacting with those who are less than honest. However, due to the trauma he suffered in being unable to help protect those he loved, Aldegar secretly desires to either butcher those responsible or at least die trying.

Village Job: Farm hand, was to join the Imperial Navy

Background: Aldegar comes from a long line of men in his family who began as farmers and then joined the Imperial Navy of the Empire. It was tradition for each man to learn the trades of his father, and then around his twentieth season he would join the marines as someone who could work hard, take punishment, and understood the value of hard work. The reward being to see the world, to earn your way, and pay back the land by keeping it safe from the vile beasts and horrors that would desire otherwise.

Aldegar is no different than any other member of his family, headstrong but a hard worker; things all but beaten into him over the years by his father like they were all but beaten into him by his father. On his last day in the village, it was attacked and though Aldegar did his best to protect those important to him, his ma and three sisters and the woman he loved enough to consider running away with; it was all for naught. Aldegar managed to survive the ordeal but not without losing all those he cared for; of all things, revenge and death fuel Aldegar though he does not care to admit it.

Weapon List: Hand axe and cleaver, neither of them are anything special and Aldegard is far from any master swordsman. Then again, a big, strong guy punching, clubbing, chopping, or stabbing you is probably not a great thing anyway.

Equipment: Aged leather jerkin and wool shirt, rough leather boots, worn down pants. Aldegar has a belt, one of a few momento's of his family, this one of his father; it is tanned bear hide with a back sheath for the knife and a goatskin pouch for water. In addition Aldegar has some tinder and flint, a rough woolen cloak, tent, and pack. (He's a farmhand, used to sleeping on rough, hard, or uneven ground with only his clothes for comfort.)

No point in bothering to ask for anything that you didn't outright allow in the first post, no fun in everyone sticking out as unique from square one.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 · (Edited)
Right, those who still want to roleplay send me a pm, i shall wait for atleast 6 of us before i re-continue with the action thread for this if we get to 6 and you want to join send me a pm and ill add you in when i can.:

1) Aldegar Vestergeist (Darkreever)
2) Alfred Wessen (Rodmillard)
3) Nysard R'lyeh (Komanko)
4) Kiera (Deathbringer)
5)
6)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Need a minimum of 2 more people before i re-open and restart the action thread, doesnt matter if they are from the roleplay and were just absent or new, either way send me a pm if your interested.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Right im remaking the recruitment thread and eventually the action thread. The following link is to the new recruitment thread so if you still wish to continue copy paste your character sheets there and if you wish to join then copy and fill out the character sheet provided:

A Life of Adventure: http://www.heresy-online.net/forums/showthread.php?p=731712#post731712

41 - 57 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.