Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Name: Heinrich Siezedorf

Appearance: Heinrich, like many Nordlanders, is a hardy and strong man, used to the wilderness and the dangers of his homeland. Standing around 6ft. his eyes are a wintry blue with a shaved head. He wears his province's colors by wearing blue trousers with a yellow shirt. A scar runs diagonally down his right cheek from a knife during a brawl at the tavern he was breaking up.

Personality: Heinrich is a man of many words, always boasting his physical prowess and skill. An intense sense of pride makes Heinrich see any form of joke at his expense as a great insult and must be challanged. Like some people in Nordland, Heinrich is a devout follower of Ulric instead of Sigmar and has vowed before the God of Wolves that he would slay a thousand of those warp cursed beastmen for the atrocities of that fateful day.

Background: Coming from a long line of uneducated men, Heinrich grew up as a child playing with his father's sword, dreaming of the day he would join the Nordland army. Raising his son to be a proud warrior, Heinrich's father spent many days and nights training his son for service to the Empire. Though his father was retired and now only served leading the town militia, Heinrich found no better teach in the arts of fighting. On his 18th birthday, Heinrich joined the village militia, wanting to taste the experience of a soldier before joining the Count's army. A year of patrolling the woods, chasing off smugglers, and breaking up drunks fighting were all that Heinrich found in the militia and decided that it was time to leave his quiet town and experience life in the army.

Fate, as is her way, can be a cruel mistress and on the day he turned 19, as he was beginning to pack what belongings he would take with him, a horn resounded through the village, followed by many, many screams. Grabbing his old sword he had treated like it was Ghal-maraz itself, Heinrich raced through the village, passing hysterical and terrified villagers. As he reached the gatehouse, Heinrich saw the rest of the militia waiting with his father for the beastmen to attack.

Their wait was short and as Heinrich dashed towards them, the gatehouse cracked and broke under a sea of furry, mutated animals. To his horror, Heinrich saw the militia swarmed and butchered before him. He even saw his father brought low by a Gor stabbing him in the back with a rusty looking sword. Rage filled grief swallowed Heinrich as he saw a small beastman, an Ungor from the looks of it, try attacking him. Gripping his sword tightly, Heinrich charged at the beastman, knocking it over with his strength and stabbing it repeatedly. With his sword slick with dark oily blood, Heinrich stood up ready to die fighting all those cursed beastmen. Before he could even turn around, Heinrich briefly felt a heavy impact against his head before darkness swallowed him.

Waking up near dark, Heinrich shakily arose to the smoking ruins of his village. Bodies,a few beastmen, but most human, were strewn all over the area around him. People he had known for his whole life were layed on the ground before him, their faces locked into grimaces of terror and agony. Swearing vengence to Ulric, Heinrich picked up his sword and began to try searching for survivors.

Village Occupation: Militia

Equipment: Old sword and small blade

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
do you want to wait to see if Deathbringer can join or do you want me to start up the action thread now?

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 · (Edited)
Right, ill be posting up the action thread tonight so feel free to post when its up. ill be starting the rp a few hours after the beastmen have attacked.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Dude, wait; let deathbringer join. The more the merrier, and the recruitment hasn't exactly been up for ages...

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
already talked with deathbringer and he will be joining us later and we have already thought of how he will join so dont worry farseer.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I need: Boboss, Farseer, Nightlord92 and Flerden to post before i can post in the action thread again.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Sorry man, will post later today. You may want to take into account school starting, so post-rate will slow dramatically. I start school tomorrow. (I know, really late! It's awesome.)

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Actually school started but I can still post like 5 times a day XD

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Boboss and Flarden you really need to post.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 · (Edited)
Bobss, Flerden you need to post before 4pm tomorrow or ill update without you. Then if you miss it again ill have to npc your characters and kill them off.

·
description whore
2,864 Posts
Name: Kiera
Appearance: Tall and slender with flowing blonde hair, her slightly elongated hawkish nose dominates light features making her face look slightly arrogant and sour. Her eyes are tawny brown and contrast deeply with the lightness of her pale moonlight skin

Her build is slender, leggy in fact yet she walks with a strange gait, huddled as if under some great weight.
Height:5 foot 8
Weight:50kg

Background: Born, orphaned in the Shallya temple, her mother came having been abandoned by her husband, who left to find fame and fortune. Her death during child birth left Kiera orphaned upon the hands of the Shallya. However she was not sent to the orphanages or placed upon the streets, she was taken in by one of the priestesses who was barren, though desperately craved a baby.

Thus Kiera was raised as a Shallya, a healer and midwife throughout her short life. She has been trained to despise battle and war, yet it surrounds her and engulfs her very life. She has never taken a life, nor eaten meat and thus she is as pure as a new born babe.

She is also unwillingly and unwittingly able to tap into the winds of magic in order to heal wounds. Hidden away within the temple they are not aware of her small gift, yet sometimes when desperate, when all hope has gone, her patients will take a sudden turn for the better, there wounds healing or fevers passing away.

Yet questions have begun to dabble about the world outside, why do men make war? what of her true father? Its mysteries taunt her yet still her dedication and devotion mean it would take a big push to steal her away.

An even bigger one to force her to harm a living creature be it man beast or pure evil

Weapon List: A small knife, used to cut vegetables

Equipment: A water bottle, bandages and a variety of poultices and other substances for the healing of wounds

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
you guys really need to post in the action thread.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Nightlord92, Bobss, and the rest need to post before i do an update tomorrow or i will update without you.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Name: Chris Redgrave

Appearance: Chris has short brown hair, cut that way to remember his father, who always had short hair. He has hazel eyes, which seem small, compared to his build. He stands at around 5”10 and weighs 80KG. He has no facial hair, being relatively clean shaven, believing in looking his best.

Personality: Chris is a fairly friendly person, looking out for people and is very easy to befriend. He does however anger easily, and does not know how to deal with his temper effectively. He works his hardest not to get angry, especially with people who he likes.

Village Job: Soldier, (Revan has allowed it)

Background: Chris was born into the village, into a fairly stern family. His mother died when he was six, while giving birth to his younger brother, who unfortunately also died during the birth. His father was fairly heavy handed, believing that he needed to strengthen his son so that he could follow in his father’s footsteps, and join the Empire’s army.

He made very few friends in the village, being bigger than most, and coming from a family where there was no mother figure. He learnt when he was in his early teens that his father was a drunkard, being dismissed from the army for drinking. Chris hated how quickly the news spread around the town and vowed that he would leave it and never return, except to see the friends that had stayed by his side throughout his ordeal. When his father died Chris found a reason to leave and join the army.

Equipment: Chris has the basic armour, wearing full leather for his protection. He carries a sword and a shield to fight with, small tinder and flint box, rough woolen cloak, bedroll, backpack, and 1 man tent

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Malus Darkblade! You're supposed to post things like that in this thread! The Action Thread is for in-character posts.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
OOC: Due to the in-activity of people posting in this thread and the action thread im requesting it locked.

·
Registered
855 Posts
It seems to me that there still is active interest in this roleplay, though perhaps not quite at the level you may be used to. It also appears that you are more interested in a new roleplay (one that isn't even based in the massive world of WH or WH40K which these forums are focused around) than in the players who are still enjoying your RP.

This time of year tends to show a bit of a slow down in posts as people return to classes, allowing time for busy schedules to settle back down and even consider re-opening your recruitment for others who might not have had a chance to join the first time. You can take a hint from the longer running roleplay threads in the speed of posting (one just got an update and the other is awaiting one from the GM).

My main concern is that you seem to be bailing regardless of the fact that you still have active players and that doesn't set a good history for your future games.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
It seems to me that there still is active interest in this roleplay, though perhaps not quite at the level you may be used to. It also appears that you are more interested in a new roleplay (one that isn't even based in the massive world of WH or WH40K which these forums are focused around) than in the players who are still enjoying your RP.

This time of year tends to show a bit of a slow down in posts as people return to classes, allowing time for busy schedules to settle back down and even consider re-opening your recruitment for others who might not have had a chance to join the first time. You can take a hint from the longer running roleplay threads in the speed of posting (one just got an update and the other is awaiting one from the GM).

My main concern is that you seem to be bailing regardless of the fact that you still have active players and that doesn't set a good history for your future games.
This rp started to slowly stop before the end of the holidays as a few people just started to completely stop posting altogether without giving me any warning. And my other thread is just something different as there are a few rp's that arent based on 40k or fantasy which i have seen. Thank you for your input though.

·
Premium Member
6,993 Posts
I'm inclined to agree with Euphrati; jack-asses buggering off without a word are nothing new to some of the RP's here. (Got more than a fair share in The Claw near the start.)

You still have people interested in this one revan, so unless you yourself have lost all interest and wish to allow your own work to fall short I'd say give it some more time and see what happens. If recruitment is not closed than make sure people know that, and if it is then consider opening it again. Nothing helps an RP where many of the players are gone more than an influx of people who wish to join. Its one of the biggest failings some RP's can have, closed recruitment, and something I personally prefer to do without. (ToB being an exception, which I may rescind depending on how things go.)

21 - 40 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.