Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Introduction:

The Idea of this roleplay is slightly freedom based as the direction of which it heads depends on how the characters act and decide(you will have abit of freedom in the roleplay in which direction it goes, but once that direction is chosen then i will put a storyline around it).

You are a group of friends who live in a village in the land of the Empire Known as Nordland. You and your friends have grown up together and the last 18 years of your life have been peaceful until one night the village is attacked by a small group of beastmen. Even though you and some other villagers survive your families werent so lucky and were killed during the raid. You decide there is nothing left in the village for you anymore and decide to leave to explore the great wide world. You leave with your group of friends and head off into the wild and the rest of the world seeking adventure.

To begin with you will start off with the most BASIC of gear and weapons(which i will list) but as the story progresses and you earn gold you will be able to get better weapons. Magically weapons will be added in much much much later on when i decide to throw a powerful enemy at you, for example...a troll or ogre.

Your characters will all be HUMAN and will stay that way, you may get the chances later on to become something "more" like a chaos warrior or even a vampire, but that will complete depend on the roleplay you do and if you dont actively search for it.

Rules:
1) NO GODMODDING, if you god-mod i will inflict a punishment upon you which will either be the death of your character or a terrible deformity or even mutation.

2) Please respect the other people who are playing the characters in the roleplay.

3) I want a MINIMUM of a 5 line paragraph per post. If you do not follow this rule then there will be punishments if the length of your posts doesnt pick up within 3 of my posts/updates.

4) No killing/maiming/torturing other players characters without their permission.

5) When creating your character use the character sheet below.

Character Creation: Remember no character should always be perfect. You can have flaws if you want, but i dont want to see someone who is epically handsome, strong or powerful ect.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Appearance: This includes eye colour, hair colour, facial features ect. (This can be a picture you have found, if you dont want to a picture or cant find one then type up what your character looks like. Pictures that are posted can be accompanied by writing if you want to explore his looks some more)
Height:
Weight:

Personality: I dont want to see people like "only speaks when spoken too" or "is always silent" because they are just boring. If you have flaws in your personality then it makes things fun.

Village Job: You can choose one of these if you wish, they are for characters who wish to be slightly 'specialized' when it comes to fight, but they wont be super strong or smart only 3 people can ask for a main village job, and their can only be one of each job, the main rule is first come first server but you need to ask ME for it. The village jobs are:

Blacksmith's apprentice
: You spent most of your days working with the local blacksmith making horseshoes and metal tools for working in the field. You are used to holding and using a hammer and your muscles are slightly larger than the normal villager due to hours and hours of hammering metal.

Small Game Hunter: You have spend most of your time on the outskirts of the village and slightly deeper into the forest around the village hunting small prey like rabbits, hairs, squirrels and wild birds. You are a reasonable shot when it comes to hitting small animals which are standing still.

Woodcutter: You spend most of your time on the outskirts of the village during the day cutting down tree's for firewood and building material. You are used to carrying around your woodman's axe and your muscle have grown slightly larger.

Background: You can include your job description in here aswell.

Weapons: Weapons will be only very basic but you can get different weapons later. You can choose from this list of weapons unless you are the: Woodcutter, Blacksmith, or Small Game hunter.

Weapon List: Small slightly rusted family blade, small hand axe, pointed stick/crude spear, butchers cleaver, knives, dagger.
Woodcutter weapon: Two-handed Woodman's axe.
Blacksmith: One(Or two) Blacksmith hammers.
Small Games Hunter: Oak bow and arrows.

Equipment: Your equipment will be basic. No plate mail or chain mail ect. More like leather boots and fur liked shirt, leather shirt and leggings ect. You also all MUST have the following: small tinder and flint box, rough woolen cloak, bedroll, backpack, and 1 man tent.

Im looking for around 5-7 people to join and that is the maximum.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Ill take the woodercutter if possible, ill post as soon as I can means, tommorow mornning for me, time here now is about 23:00 and I have stuff to do :p

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Flerden was there first Komanko so he can become the small game hunter. Remember to post your characters and pm me once you have so i can read them over.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
yea but he asked for small game hunter i asked for Woodcutter didnt you say that there can be 3 people with main "specialized" jobs

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea but he asked for small game hunter i asked for Woodcutter didnt you say that there can be 3 people with main "specialized" jobs
Nevermind, im tired and thought you asked for small game hunter. So yeah you can be the woodcutter, now hurry up and post your character sheet.

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
Name: Nysard R'lyeh :)D)

Appearance: Nysard stands at about 5.7 ft,with a pretty muscly and athletic build he looks not to high but high enough to not look low. He has a long brown hair, but most of the time he combs his hair and forms a ponytail so it wont interfere with his work. Nysard has green eyes, and he grows a small beard which he loves to "pet" while he is thinking. Beyond that Nysard has a scar across his face from the left part of the forehead down to the lower right cheek. Most of the time Nysard wears a leather shirt and a fur jacket on top of it.

Height: 5.7 ft

Weight: about 75 kg ( I think its ok)

Personality: Nysrad speaks his mind most of the time and wont hide what he feels about a certain thing or about someone. He is a fun man to be with and he trusts easily. Generally Nysard is a good person, which will help someone in need. Except that Nysard wont agree to do a job for someone without getting paid unless he knows this man or woman very good.

Village Job: Woodcutter

Background: Nysard R'lyeh was born and raised in the same village as his parents, the same village which the story takes place. He always liked sports and it didn't matter to him if he wins or loses. He treated sports as fun and not as a competition most of the time. The formal education that he had was from his parents which taught him how to read and write and various other things. As soon as he was in age, his father took him to work with him in the woods, as it was a tradition in the family. since the age of 15 he worked with his father in the woods, at first it was hard for him, but as time went on he grew stronger and the work became easier and faster, But one day there was a raid on the village. A group of beastmen attacked the village laying waste to the village and killing his mother, while that happened Nysard and his father were in the woods. They heard a loud noise from the direction of the village so they ran over there to check whats happening just to see the village aflame. As they approached the village a bestman attacked them, the vile beastmen which carried the mark of chaos undivided on him impaled his father on his horns, piercing him in the hard and killing him instantly. In a rage unknown to him Nysard lifted his axe and slashed at the beastman dismembering his arm, the beastman yelled with pain but was still alive and with a swing of his arm his slashed half of Nysards face leaving a nasty and big scar in the shape of three straight lines. Nysard didn't feel any pain and with rage he lifted his axe again and decapitated the beastman. Only after the killing Nysard rage left and the pain began, he was about to go and help the rest of the village but something hit him strongly in the head and he passed out. The next thing he knew was that he waked up near his dead father in the next morning. He mourned his family for a while but then decided that there was nothing left for him at the village so he and some friend formed a party and decided to strike out on their own, and see where destiny will lead them.

Weapons: Father's woodcutting two handed axe and a small knife.

Equipment: Leather boots, leather pand and leather shirt, also he wears a fur jacket. Small tinder and flint bow, rough woolen cloak, bedroll, backpack, and 1 man tent.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Name: Anna Tolner
Appearance: Long Black hair and brown eyes. Her nose and lips are small. Her body is well slim after walking around much in the forests.
Personality: Anna is very patient most of the time, other than when some one says she can't make food, then she gets angry easeily.
Anna does not easily trust people, but when she does it so much that she would risk her life for that person without any thought.
She thinks that she is the best person in the world in making food (she is actually quite good too).
Height: 169Cm. 5'5" (put both here, since I was not sure witch one to use.
Weight: 57Kg. 125 Pounds (or Ibs or what ever you use, and same reason as above)
Background: Anna was born and lived most of her life in the same village. Her life was quite good, spending much time in the forest hunting or at a camp fire making food of some sort.
One day when she was out hunting she came back to a scene of death, most of the village being destroyed and most people killed, she looked for her parents every where but could not find their bodies, so she hoped they would be alive, but
she knew they were probably taken away.
Weapons: Oak bow and arrows, and a small dagger.
Equipment: A pair of leather boots, a pair of cloth leggings and a leather shirt. Small tinder and flint bow, rough woollen cloak, bedroll, backpack, and 1 man tent.

Hope this is ok.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
both of your bio's are fine. I want everyone to remember you all know each other as it is a small village. waiting on 2-4 people to join.

·
Registered
252 Posts
This looks interesting! I'm not playing any fantasy RPGs atm, so can I grab the role of Inkeeper's Son (special equipment: flask of strong mead)?

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Hey. Is it okay if I join? I've participated in Roleplays before, to -as I would like to say- a good extent, also. If it suits you, could I be the Blacksmith? I'm certainly up for the challenge and the unique style such a personna would require.

Oh, and your Avatar is great, I changed mine just for this :p

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sure you two can join. And Boboss, ulquiorra is more epic than Grimmjow anyday. Also Frelder you like bleach aswell by the look of it? and do you lot want me in as a character or just to remain as GM?

As for the innkeeprs son question...sure but remember your family in the rp will be killed and your inn burnt down xD

·
Ia! Ia! Cthulhu Fthagn!
1,727 Posts
I dont mind, it can be nice if you will play also but you dont have to... Im netural, ill leave it up for the others to decide :p

·
Registered
252 Posts
Name: Alfred Wessen
Height: 5'6"
Weight: 154 Lb

Appearance: Alfred is short, barely 5'6" tall, but is well muscled from carrying barrels up from the inns cellars. He has mousey brown hair which falls to his shoulders, but is usually tied back in a loose pony tail. His eyes are his most striking feature, being a deep sea green colour. Being from a (comparatively) wealthy family, his clothes are of good fabric, but practically cut and in muted colours.

Personality: Alfred always has a tale to tell that he overheard in the bar, or a new song he has heard (which he can repeat perfectly from memory, in a pleasant baritone voice); he is actually deeply insecure, and his constant jokes and tales are a coping mechanism to deflect attention away from himself. Much of his popularity with the local youths stems from the fact that he can usually sneak a flask of mead or a bottle of wine from his father's cellar when he thinks his parents aren't looking. The truth (which only his closest friends know) is that he secretly wants to become a bard, wandering the roads of the empire and literally singing for his supper. Although he mourns his parents, there is a tiny voice at the back of his mind which says "now is your chance..."

Village Job: Innkeeper's son

Background: Alfred had a very lonely childhood. He was an only child, and his parents both worked long hours leaving him alone upstairs while they served in the inn. He was bullied mercilessly by some of the other children, and indeed for most of his life he has had to put up with distasteful jokes about his height (did your mother **** a dwarf? you get the general idea).
When he was old enough, he started to help his father in the inn - at first just seeing to the guests horses, but later working in the kitchen and cellars. On his sixteenth birthday, his father hired a wandering bard to perform and threw a party for his coming of age. From then on, he worked behind the bar with his parents, serving customers and on occasion helping his father to break up fights - he was strong enough to pull fighters apart, and soon learned how to defend himself if someone pulled a knife.
Alfred was away from the village when it was attacked, bringing a wagon load of ale back from the brewer in the big town. When he saw the smoke he abandonned his cart and ran home with just his pack (by the time he thought to go back for it someone had stolen the wagon, along with its precious cargo). He tried to go into the inn to find his parents, but the heat was too intense. Some of the other survivors told him later that his parents had hidden in the cellar - which would have been a good idea, if the fire hadn't reached the kegs of liquor...

Weapons: Stout oak cudgel and a dagger
Equipment: leather boots, grey wool tunic and braes, beige linen shirt, leather apron, flask of spiced mead, small tinder and flint bow, black woolen cloak, bedroll, backpack, and 1 man tent.

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Name: (Being set within the Empire, specifically one of its more northern states, I thought something German, or even Norse would suffice) Fredrick 'Flint' Baldacht.

Appearance: Fredrick's face is still fresh of youth, typical of his young age, but he wears varying scars and the almost-shadowing of soot upon his jaw as a masque telling of his ''passion'' for his forgery. Steel grey eyes, earning him the nickname of ''Flint'' are set within a thick brow. His hair is of a medium-length, formerly a thick, obsidian black, but since his indenture into metal-working, it has turned a more dusky hue. Unlike common fashions within the Empire, and its wealthier, southerly states, Fredrick sports no facial-hair, partly due to his career.

Onto his figure, he is of a sturdy build, with -typical of his specialty- thick-set forearms, hefty shoulders and muscled torso. He is of a slightly below average height amongst the folk of Nordland, but still a giant mass of forge-hardened, anvil-tamed bulk.

Height: 6'0''
Weight: 175 Ibs (I'm not too sure on weight; I wanted something to suit his appearance and job, but nothing ridiculously God-modding. Is this okay?)

Personality/Background: (Is it okay to link these together? I kinda feel that his background helps craft his current personality?)

Due to several factors in his life, Fredrick is a simple man, with his forgery, not only the heart of his dedication, but also his so-believed service to Sigmar, and flagellation for the deaths of his parents. Although respecting the traditions of Ulric, the Wolf Lord, his time in Nuln left a mark of zealous devotion to He, Sigmar Heldenhammer. During the Orcish Waaagh Goreshank of 2496 that swept through the World's Edge Mountain's en route to Altdorf, only to be held and dually broken at Middenheim, a raiding war band of Orc's attempted to sack the village of his birth. Defeated by a hastily summoned militia, the Orc's fled, dispersing from their looting, casting firebrands onto anything and everything wooden in their iron-shod path. Several houses, included that of Fredrick's were razed to the ground in consuming fire's, to the loss of both his parents lives.

Henceforth, adopted by the village-Blacksmith of the time: Alfred Veerman, Fredrick's paltry education and farm work were abandoned upon his training and induction into Veerman's forgery: The Cloven Blade. Since the age of 11 he has worked metallic items, such as farming tools, horse-shoes and handgun mechanisms, to forging blades and pole arms during times of war. The skipping of his education has left Frederick a simple man, with an inferior knowledge in social, economic and historical happenings; barring that of which Veerman taught him. At the age of 16, Veerman sent him to Nuln for training within one of the Imperial Gunnery Colleges, in the hope of expanding his knowledge of war, weaponry and metalworking, and generally furthering his understanding of the Empire. He is recently returned, by several months. Though muscular, he is peaceful and not easy to provoke, short of the direst circumstances; to which he will charge headlong, wielding whatever he was last working upon within the forgery in defiance and defense of his home. Though looked on as stupid, Frederick bears an intuition and knowledge of metallurgy beyond the village-folk, hence earning their respect for such.

Village Job: Apprentice Blacksmith originally, but since Veerman was struck down by the Black Death, Frederick has taken up the main role as the mainstay of the village, although still bow's before Veerman's superior knowledge, experience and finesse; commonly working together on more adventurous pieces.
(Blacksmith's apprentice: You spent most of your days working with the local blacksmith making horseshoes and metal tools for working in the field. You are used to holding and using a hammer and your muscles are slightly larger than the normal villager due to hours and hours of hammering metal.)

Weapon List: One(Or two) Blacksmith hammers.

Equipment:
A thick, leather apron/tabard in place of the more common jerkins, a pair of hammers slung beneath his belt and a lucky medallion of the twin-tailed comet, slung around his neck. Small tinder and flint bow, rough woolen cloak, bedroll, backpack, and one man tent, also.

Anyway, I hope this is okay =)

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
all very good. Nightlord said to save a space for him and he will post soon. I'll edit this post later with my character. got to think out a few things on him first and also sort out of other rp. please check this again in about 2-3 hours for my character. then after nightlord has joined ill post up the action thread.

and those who wonder where we are in the empire. We are in Nordland, so we are slightly nordist/norse like i think.

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Name: Modeus Alteron
Appearance:
Modeus is a sort of handsome young man with Raven black hair and dark emerald eyes. He has a picture of a dragon tattooed onto the bicep of his left arm and usually wears dark clothing with a gold colored outline with a long black scarf.

Height: 5 foot 10 inches.
Weight: Around 9 Stone.

Personality: Modeus is a rather rash young man who rarely ever thinks things through, he prefers to act now ask question later. Due to this he has been known to get him and his friends into alot of trouble with the village elders. He is fiercely loyal to his friends and will often do anything to protect them, when he does get them into trouble he will always take the blame so they aren't punished.

Village Job: Farmers Son.

Background: Modeus was born 19 years ago to Arthur Alteron a retired swordsman of the empire who decided to settle down somewhere quiet and out of the way so he traveled to Nordland. There he met his wife Milly and together they had Modeus. There was a complication during the birth and Milly died while Modeus was born. Since then Arthur has blamed Modeus for anything that goes wrong in the village calling Modeus the Bane of his life.

At the age of five Modeus met the other children of the village and become best friends with them. Often pretending they were off on an adventure slaying dragons or monsters. As he grew older he became more mature and learnt to work the land like his father. At the age of 17 he traveled to the local city of Salezmund where he got his Dragon Tattoo.

For the next two years Modeus lived peacefully in his little village with his friends until one night the beastmen came....

Weapons: Short slightly rusted family blade his father used to use when he was a solider and a dagger he bought in town.

Equipment: small tinder and flint box, rough woolen cloak, bedroll, backpack, and 1 man tent, skinning knife.

OOC: As soon as Nightlord92 joins ill post up the action thread and we can get started, ok?

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
I am quite interested in this, but I don't know if I can spare any time... basically, is it possible for me to know a bit more about it? :grin: Then I'll see if I'll just take the plunge, but I'm afraid I'd most likely say no.

I really need to get into a Warhammer roleplay. And this looks cool. No super-powered people; just ordinaries. Gah! If only I had more time...

EDIT: Oh! Oh! I just saw the mention of a vampire... I play Vampire Counts and that just tripled the chance of me being rash and signing up. Gawww....

·
Registered
1,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well farseer you joining really depends, im going to have to wait and see what Deathbringer is doing. If your both available then you will both need to wait to see if i can squeeze in another person. Atm there are 6 of us(including me) and my current soft cap of number of people is 7 other than myself.. So far we have:

1) Nysard R'lyeh (Komanko)
2) Anna Tolner (Flerden)
3) Alfred Wessen (Rodmillard)
4) Fredrick 'Flint' Baldacht (Boboss)
5) Heinrich Siezedorf (Nightlord92)
6) Dieter Lansforch (Farseer Darvaleth)
7)

Ok both deathbringer and farseer can join if they arent to busy in other rp's.

I am looking for one new person to be the healer of the group who will be a semi-trained magician, but they requires special permission so PM me first. Also the magician will be from the village but left several years ago to get training. You meet up with your old friends after they leave the village, dont worry ill keep you busy while your in Salezmund with your teachers until you meet up again.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Eeek... decision time. Screw it, I'll put a character in, if that's okay. I'll post him a bit later, I'll probably edit him in here.

Name: Dieter Lansforch

Appearance: Dieter is a bit short, but not overly-so. He has quite broad shoulders, and is slim. He has a gaunt, stretched face, with wicked green eyes and dagger-like short, black hair. He also has a black moustache, which curves around his mouth. He also has some stubble on his chin. He wears a simple, leather jacket, over a cream-coloured shirt. He has patchy, brown trousers, which complete his outfit; except for his black boots, which he adores.

Height: 5ft 5

Weight: 60kg (in actual fact, his "weight" is 600 Newtons... never mind)

Personality: Dieter is scum, an underhand, thieving man. He tries to exploit people, manipulating and using them to his personal goals. He is mean, sneaky, and speaks arrogantly, laughing at other's misfortunes and troubles. He is not yet known for this, however; when he wants to, he can seem charming and generous. A dangerous gift.

Village "Occupation": Crook (see background)

Background: Dieter grew up with a nice family. He was fed well. He was treated well. But somehow, he became a monster. Even when he was younger, he used to capture animals, and torture them into a slow and painful death. When his parents eventually discovered his cruel streak, they were shocked; so shocked that they abandoned him at 15, having taken enough of his cruelties forever. But Dieter didn't mind. In fact, it wasn't long before he was self-sufficient. One day, when he was hungry at the market, Dieter walked past a stall. A fruit stall, with plenty of apples and fresh blackberries. Nobody was watching. Nobody was there. Dieter took an apple. Then another. Then another. Soon, he had a sack-full. Then he simply walked off. It has been too easy. Dieter had a taste of crime, and he didn't want to let go. It wasn't long before he started nicking fresh mutton, smoked ham, cheese, fresh milk, bread, even sacks of grain. And then, when his belly was full, he stole gold, silver, jewellery, anything...

He was living in an old, abandoned outhouse, which he had cleaned out and used as a place to live. He had hit a lucky streak; he had recently got himself some nice black-leather boots. And then the beastmen came. Running through the village in panic, the first thing Dieter thought of was not escape; but money. He raided a local shop, one he had looked through for ages; he got a nice, woollen cloak, a sturdy backpack, a tent, a bedroll, some flint and tinder box, and a couple of long, sharp, serrated, and slightly rusty, knives. He then stocked up on some smoked mutton, and grabbed a small bag of coins, before running with the rest. He was happy that he had equipped himself well; he knew it would all come in handy.

Equipment: Two long, serrated, and slightly rusty knives, a woollen cloak, black-leather boots, a tent, bedroll, flint and tinder box, and also a small supply of smoked mutton, and a small bag of gold coins.

Hope my bastard of a character is all ok... I've wanted to play the "mean guy" for a while now, and this looks like a good chance to do so.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.