Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

I have been out of the wargaming scenes for some years (never was too active anyway though lol) and am now back to try my hand at Chaos Space Marines. I've played with Orks, High Elves, Tau and tried some others too along the way but nothing really stuck. I haven't played 40k for some years and got the urge to start a CSM as I woke from a dream where I was fighting different Chaos units. :D I hadn't even thought about 40k in a while but waking up from that dream I was like "Chaos Marines are so cool". I've always hated the Marine-dominated side of the game so it's funny I chose CSM but eh, I guess they're different enough!

I'm starting a Tzeentchian army, possibly going full-on with Thousand Sons because they just scream epic for me. Would be cool to make other units with the Egyptian theme too, like mummies or semi-skeletons for Plague Marines but with the colors of Tzeentch, the Tomb King sphinxes for Forge-/Maulerfiends and stuff. A Lord or possibly a Warpsmith riding a Heldrake would be neat too as I'm going to write some house rules as I intend to play with a select group of like-minded people, having zero interest in tournaments and competitive play. Anyways, good to be here! :victory:

·
Heresy Online's Pet Furby
8,723 Posts
Welcome to Heresy, hope you enjoy your stay with us :)

Sounds like you have some solid ideas in mind for your TS. I looks forward to seeing what you produce :good:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you! I just got the CSM troop box, the Lord/Sorcerer kit and some paints. The theme is going to be lighter than TSons, with turquoise and gold as the main colors with green eyes and other details for starters. Excited about the new patina paint in the Technical collection, can't wait to see how it looks for real. I'm thinking of ordering khopeshes (khopeshi?) from Kromlech via ebay, assembling the troops with a bolt pistol and an empty other hand for now and add the hand weapons when they arrive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts