Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me I'm not the only one here who sees the potential in this.

Each one is roughly 10x20 inches and about 4 inches tall at the highest points. I'll be filling the insides with insulation foam (For structure) and coating the outsides with a thin layer of grout before throwing on some details and painting it. This might be a SLOW project, because I've not done much since starting uni and I'm just entering my final year.

I might even use one of them as a prop in a pathfinder game, but most likely they're just going to become mechanicum forges or habitation blocks or some crap like that.

Any tips/suggestions?

EDIT

It's the carboard padding/packaging from a vacuum cleaner by the way.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree that they have potential but i would raise them up around 3-5 inches.
All over? I fear my modelling skills are not at a point where I could do that very well. I could add some larger bits to certain parts of it of course.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
its not necessary but i would consider it. considering models can climb 3 inches is say raise them a little bit to get some more height and to have them provide a bigger view. this does block alot of LOS for ground troops and tanks which is exactly what fighting in a hab block or manufactorum would be like. Its more of a personal taste possibly. But there is definetly potential in them as they are.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its not necessary but i would consider it. considering models can climb 3 inches is say raise them a little bit to get some more height and to have them provide a bigger view. this does block alot of LOS for ground troops and tanks which is exactly what fighting in a hab block or manufactorum would be like. Its more of a personal taste possibly. But there is definetly potential in them as they are.
I'd be quite alright with having minis using the building to climb around on, to be honest. If I don't want it to happen, I'll just agree with my opponent at the start of the game to not have them as climb-able terrain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts