Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Since i traded a Lot of my Chaos Marines away for My necrons I want to get a few more things for my Remaining Chaos Army. It is mostly Khorne stuff with a few odds and Ends. here is the list i want to make so as always i appreciate any feedback.

I am Interested In a walker heavy army one of the things i am on the fence about is whether I should use a third Defiler or use the 2 obliterators. so if you could throw in your oppinion on that i would appreciate it.

anyway here is the list.

HQ-(165) Kharn the Betrayer
HQ-(140) Daemon Prince-Wings, Mark of Khorne

Elite-(100) Chaos Dreadnought- 2DCCW

Troops-(243) Khorne Berzerkers x 8 -Skull Champion, Power fist, Rhino
Troops-(212) Khorne Berzerkers x 7 -Skull Champion, Power weapon, Rhino

Heavy-(150) Defiler- 4DCCW
heavy-(150) Obliterators x 2

Kharn will go with the 7 man squad you know to keep if fluffy. I know the Prince will be more effective if i leave him with no mark and give him warp time and i may do that from time to time but this will be the core list for the most part

·
Registered
320 Posts
I would go with a third defiler. other than that the list is pretty good.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like the list. I've been playing khorne berserkers for a while now and I am still on the fence about power fist vs power weapons. When I run that many squads I mix them up. I'll run 2 pws' and two PFs'. That can free up a few points for something else. Extra armour or demonic posession. I don't know if you need a champion with the squad kharn will be attached to. It is good to have something backing up kharn for those insta kills on enemy ICs'. It is a preference and I tweek the points as much as possible. You have a really good list and I like how in your face it is. Good luck with the slaughter.

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
keep the Oblits; i'd even consider giving the Dreads ML.

i know it's not Khornate, but keep in mind your 'Zerkers will need help cracking armor. they'll be more effective if they have to fight a squad that's been knocked out of their transport.

good hunting.

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
I love dreads! Although oblits are quality and they do add some good ole heavy support into the mix they aren't hugely fluffy! You could really do with putting EA on your tanks and dreads! And stick HF's on the dreads too!
Then just charge straight forward frothy and screaming blood for the blood god! (I'd suggest do the latter part in your lest you freak your opponent out and get asked to leave!)
good khornate list!

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
There's an entire theme dedicated to Warmachines on the Khorne Compendium; So I'll point you there.

Otherwise, I wouldn't call Obliterators fluffy- If that's what your going for.

-What'd be cool is:
If you dropped the Skull Champion, his power weapon and their rhino (from the (7) group). Then dropped one Dreadnought and the Oblits.

You could take A possessed Land Raider for Khârn, AND give the other 3 Rhinos Extra Armour.

Just an idea. Would make your list about as fluffy as you get.

But I'll end on a warning- Dreadnoughts fucking suck. Give them Missile launchers if you want your own tanks to survive.

·
Registered
594 Posts
I have to agree with ROT on this one (again). Murphy's Law WILL apply to your dreads when you need them most.

If you give them Anti-tank, they will shoot your troops or Berserk Charge.

If you give them x2 DCCW, they will Fire Frenzy and be useless. Fire Frenzy will be a potential problem for at least 2 turns because you have to march their asses all the way across the board.

When Dreads work they're cool, but still not more efficient than other Elites choices.
When they don't work, they fail HARD.
Much better not to take the risk and play it safe with 10x Dual LC Deepstrike Termies. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
10 LC termies, Is about 400 points, he's only got 300 if he drops the Dreads.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I've never really had a problem with the dreadnoughts. Sure the fire frenzy roll can suck but if you are playing on a city fight board, or a board with 85% cover you can set it up so that you can't draw TloS or even LoS to your own units, meaning that the closest unit you can fire at is of course your enemy and 2 Plasma cannon shots or 2 twin-linked Lascannon shots can devastate whatever it is you are shooting at.

As for the assault result on the dreadnought table it means you charge headlong towards the nearest unengaged enemy, and you gain fleet. It doesn't say you have to do that every turn until you get there however. If it happens to you first turn guess what you don't have to run your dread that turn and you might get into assault with a pesky infiltrating unit like stealth suits. Its all about whether or not you the player can tactically use your Dreadnoughts no matter what result you get on the Crazed table.

I use 3 dreadnoughts in my 2000 point list at the moment and I still haven't blasted one of my own rhino's yet. Then again I run my Dreads in a 3 wide "formation" followed by a pair of defilers.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I like the list. I've been playing khorne berserkers for a while now and I am still on the fence about power fist vs power weapons. When I run that many squads I mix them up. I'll run 2 pws' and two PFs'. That can free up a few points for something else. Extra armour or demonic posession. I don't know if you need a champion with the squad kharn will be attached to. It is good to have something backing up kharn for those insta kills on enemy ICs'. It is a preference and I tweek the points as much as possible. You have a really good list and I like how in your face it is. Good luck with the slaughter.
I have tried both ways and the power fist always performs better for me. the benefits of the fist outweigh loosing that initiative bonus i promise.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know it is Frowned upon to post after you post but in my defence its been 24 hours and since then i have reworked the list so tell me if this is an improvement

HQ-(165) Kharn the Betrayer
HQ-(130) Daemon Prince-Wings

Troops-(147) Khorne Berzerkers x 7

heavy-(220) Landraider

·
Halloween Town
477 Posts
I like this list, although EA is vital on the rhinos you haven't got the points spare so I'd be tempted to drop a dread so you can upgrade some of the rhinos, stick WT on the prince (I know its not 'fluffy' in the literal sense but you could call it something else more khorney) and maybe upgrade the 7 man zerker squad to have a PW SC!
I have found running a PW SC with kharn very useful!

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
the 7 man squad will be riding in the land raider with kharn and they are really only there to absorb wounds and 7 plus Kharn makes 8 so very khorney.

about the extra armor i have tried with it and with out it and in my play group if its a metal box it gets shot with anti armor whether its a rhino or a land raider so extra armor never works i just watch as those penetrating hits go right through it so thats why no EA on my rhinos but they will have so much armor to deal with i think they will be fine.

focus on the zerks and those Defilers will get you. now that the land raider is in there i am sure ill get a rhino full of zerks where i need it and those dreads are gonna be so fun becasue even though they are not the best they can't just ignore them since they are slow i can use them to herd right to the zerks or the defilers.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone for you input i think now this army will be loads of fun to play

·
Critique for da CriticGod
3,351 Posts
Another thought, on Obliterators . . .

I have a few old Blood Slaughterers and they're the right size and . . . strangeness. They come up on ebay fairly often and never sell for too much anymore. They make perfect Khornate Obliterators though. And they look sweet!

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
I like the Current list, thats as good as it gets for Khorn. Also plent of Tank crunching with all the Str8+ on rear armore.

Another thought, on Obliterators . . .

I have a few old Blood Slaughterers and they're the right size and . . . strangeness. They come up on ebay fairly often and never sell for too much anymore. They make perfect Khornate Obliterators though. And they look sweet!
Thats cool and model wise fluffy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts