Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a game comeing up tomorrow and I was giving my codex a quick look through and came up with some questions:

1) The Chimera Fire Points rules state that 5 models can fire from the top hatch. Ogryns count as 2 models as far as transport capacity so would that have any effect on how many can shoot from the fire points?

2) Orders are given at the start of the Shooting Phase but how does this sequence work? Do you give one Order at a time and once the unit follows through then move on to the next Order and unit, or Give out all Orders (following chain of command) then each unit shoots?

3) The rules for using a Techpriest state that if he/she attempts to repair a vehicle he/she does so instead of shooting but if the Techpriest has Servitors (since they are one unit) they forgo thier shooting aswell right?

4) Can someone explain the Deathstrike Missle Launchers "D3+3 Blast"? How many blasts and whats thier radius?

I think thats all of the "rules" questions I had. Please let me know what you guys think.

·
Registered
6,851 Posts
1. No, they only count as 2 models for how much space they take up, they still count as 1 model for shooting from Fire Points.

2. You roll each order, then you immediately resolve its effects (shooting a vehicle with TL guns, for example), then you move on to the next order.

3. Only the Techpriest has to forgo shooting (and presumably any Servitors helping him, but they don't have guns).

4. That's how many INCHES the blast is, D3", plus 3"; that's the radius of the blast; you scatter the blast as normal, but instead of a blast marker, you just mark the point it lands on.
From this point, you measure your 4-6", and anything in that distance suffers a hit.
Because it is not a blast marker, vehicle do not take a half-strength hit if they aren't at the centre, they take a full strength hit as long as they're within the distance..

:)

·
CO 3rd Thoth ACR
486 Posts
For #2 another thing you need to remember is that you have to start with the highest ranking commander and work you way down. You start with your company commander, then your platoon commanders, then Sergeant Bastonne of you use him.

& #4 your basicly getting a 8, 10 or 12 inch (diameter) blast, the basic large blast template in 5" in diameter and the Apoc. ones are 7" & 10".

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks guys for the fast replies.

@ Winterous: You can give Servitors HBolters, MMeltas and PCannons. Thank you for explaining the Radius thing to. +Rep

@ Capt.Al'rahhem: Yea I was aware of the order of which to give them thats why I said "chain of command" , thanks for explaining. +Rep

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ah ok that makes since.

I thought up one more in the middle of a game I played yersterday. I don't have my Codex handy right now but I was curious:
When giving Orders if I roll double "1s" it says that I'm allowed a "free" Order with out testing. Does this go on a diiferent unit seeing how it says I can't give an Order to a unit that had already attempted one? Or since its "free" can I put it on any unit?

Sorry for all the questions, thanks for all the help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts