Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey fellow Heretics!

I've got a few inquiries regarding space marine chapters.

My main question: Am I allowed to use a squad of Grey Knights or GK Terminators in an Ultramarines or Dark Angels army? (I'm currently not sure which ones I prefer of the two..)

I'm a big fan of Grey Knights, but I'm not so keen on the Daemonhunters as a whole :scratchhead:

(I'm a rookie when it comes to gaming rules, I've yet to ever complete an army to play with, but I will this time!)

My second question: I'm currently assembling a space marines battleforce, is there anything I should keep in mind in regards to heavy weapons or weapons in general when assembling the tactical squad? I mean, is there a limit to how many 'special' weapons can be in a single squad, do they cost more points to use?

When I read about them on GW's webby or in the Space Marines codex, I believe it states that they can use Rocket Launchers and Flamers, but it doesn't say anything about Plasma Guns for example :unsure:

Also, when creating a sergeant for the squad, is it allright to give him a power sword from the assault squad sprue instead of a chain sword?

Oh, last question (I promise).. If I decide to go with Dark Angels, will I need to "robe" them all, or can Dark Angels just be regular dark green space marines, and the robed ones are the veterans?

If anyone could enlighten me, it would be much apreciated!

Thanks in advance :biggrin:

·
Registered
225 Posts
You may in the Normal space marine army, but not *as far as i know* in the dark angels one.

A normal tactical squad of the normal space marine army may have one special *flamer/melta/plasma-gun* and one heavy *heavy bolter/lascannon/plasmacannon/missilelauncher*.

As long as you pay the points, who cares where you rip the sword from.

About the robes, gameplaywise, as long as people know what is what. who cares?
Fluffwise, take a look at http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Dark_Angels.

Another tip is, wait a moment with the gray knights, according to the rumours, they will get a new codex and models.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Hey fellow Heretics!

I've got a few inquiries regarding space marine chapters.

My main question: Am I allowed to use a squad of Grey Knights or GK Terminators in an Ultramarines or Dark Angels army? (I'm currently not sure which ones I prefer of the two..)
of corse, both are chapters of space marines so you can
I'm a big fan of Grey Knights, but I'm not so keen on the Daemonhunters as a whole :scratchhead:

(I'm a rookie when it comes to gaming rules, I've yet to ever complete an army to play with, but I will this time!)

My second question: I'm currently assembling a space marines battleforce, is there anything I should keep in mind in regards to heavy weapons or weapons in general when assembling the tactical squad? I mean, is there a limit to how many 'special' weapons can be in a single squad, do they cost more points to use?
Devistator squads with 4x missle launchers are very cheap and can be devistating (see what i did there XD?)
When I read about them on GW's webby or in the Space Marines codex, I believe it states that they can use Rocket Launchers and Flamers, but it doesn't say anything about Plasma Guns for example :unsure:

Also, when creating a sergeant for the squad, is it allright to give him a power sword from the assault squad sprue instead of a chain sword?
I see no reason why not, its stilla close combat weapon after all
Oh, last question (I promise).. If I decide to go with Dark Angels, will I need to "robe" them all, or can Dark Angels just be regular dark green space marines, and the robed ones are the veterans?
im not completely sure, i would say not robing them is fine but eh, if anyone argued with it then they are really just assholes XD
If anyone could enlighten me, it would be much apreciated!

Thanks in advance :biggrin:
answers above :3

·
Registered
3,864 Posts
I thought that GK could not be allies in a force that already has marines as explained in the Daemonhunters codex (before it was free)

·
Registered
468 Posts
ye i'm pretty certain you can't have any GK's in a force that also contains another chapter of SM's

·
Registered
349 Posts
I think it depends on which army is the parent army. If memory serves, if you are taking Space Marine allies in the DH army and have Grey Knights then you can't have Marines. If you have a Marine army then you can take Grey Knight allies. But this might all be moot in the next few months anyway.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Zer0, you are correct. A Space Marine army can have GK as allies. A Daemon Hunter army that includes GK cannot have Space Marine allies. Silly, but them's the rules. And yep, likely to all go away in the next few months, if rumors are correct.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts