Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there

I am trying to make a 1000pt WoC list with the following limitations. Khorne themed (at least one unit has mark of khorne), no magic, and no marauders on foot (purely because I really hate the marauder models with a passion). I have written a few lists, what are your thoughts?

First up, if we ignore the watchtower as everyone always does, I think I have come up with a pretty scary all cavalry/fast moving list.

Exalted Hero
Barded chaos steed, shield, MoK

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen
Javelins, shields

5 Marauder Horsemen
Javelins, shields

Chaos Chariot

Chaos Chariot

9 Chaos Knights
Lances, full command, MoK

Obviously this is pretty deathstar-ey, but I don't know much in 1000pts that can stop a unit of 9 khorne chaos knights with a character on the charge. The chariots for backup and the warhounds and horsemen can hopefully pick off some skirmishers or warmachines. My only disadvantage is of course the lack of magic.

Next up, a similar list, but with some infantry thrown in and more balance across the board.

Exalted Champion
Chaos chariot, enchanted shield, sword of striking, MoK

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

10 Chaos Warriors
Add. hand weapon, full command, MoK

10 Chaos Warriors

5 Chaos Knights
Lances, FC, Banner of Eternal Flame, MoK

This list has generally a lot more balance rather than all eggs in one basket, but I don't know how much I can rely on the Warriors doing anything if I come against a warmachine heavy list.

And finally, an infantry heavy list.

Exalted Hero
Flail

24 Chaos Warriors

5 Warhounds

5 Warhounds

5 Marauder Horsemen
Javelins, shields

5 Marauder Horsemen
Javelins, shields

Hellcannon

Kind of deathstar, as that unit of warriors will certainly mess up some units, but the horsemen and hellcannon add another interesting dynamic. Again, I will be relying on those units to take out anything to threaten the warriors e.g. warmachines or heavy shooting and then let the warriors themselves butcher what is left.

Any thoughts? C&C much appreciated!

·
Registered
483 Posts
List 1: You really only need to worry about leaving your chariots behind by the faster elements (remember, they can't march) and having your knight unit frenzy baited due to mediocre Ld8. I'd maybe drop a knight from the unit and add the Standard of Discipline and then give them ensorcelled weapons over lances as the lances only provide you that S6 on the charge. Otherwise a good looking list for 1K

List 2: I guess units of 10 warriors can work. I like them a bit bigger so they can absorb some shooting. A smart opponent running a gunline will concentrate fire on one unit at a time to wipe them out. More in the unit gives you that buffer round to get your hounds to the shooters. I'm not a big fan of heroes in chariots so, that being said, if it was me, I'd have the hero on a steed w/ the knights. The fact he has a magic weapon means he can't have Flaming Attacks and so the unit can't be held up by some cheap solo hero sporting a Dragonbane Gem or Dragonhelm. By all means, keep the chariot! They are great at hunting chaff. Combine the warriors, drop one command unit for another unit of hounds, drop one warrior to give the Exalted a steed. Note on the knights: lances work nicely here w/ BoEF.

List 3: Looks decent. I'd maybe get some protective toys for the Exalted. Just be wary of MSU elites. They'll be able to flank the warriors but they should still be solid being Khornite.

On any unit that doesn't have a character - drop the unit champs. They will be required to issue and accept challenges and this could backfire against a decent combat character.

Overall some good ideas. Try out what you have listed first in a couple of games. Then try some of the suggested tweaks. Use what works, toss what doesn't.

Hope this helped some! :victory:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts