Warhammer 40k Forum and Wargaming Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all, just thought I'd post up a few ideas for my Harakoni air cav guard army. Tell us what you think! :)

Sniper Ace Demetriov Johannsen
This guy is a sniper in my company command squad, holdig the rank of major. (Think of the german sniper from enemy at the gates) and is a close friend of the company commander. Rules so far as follows. Stats are the same as a veteran guardsman but with one more wound has a camo cloak, sniper rifle, las pistol and carapace armour. (50pts.)

Crack shot
Johannsen first picked up a rifle at the age of 7, and from then on has proved to be a formidable marksman. When rolling to wound, He can reroll any failed rolls.

Loner
Johannsen was never one for teamwork, and although prides himself at being part of Company commander Harkers personal retinue, he prefers to work alone. At any time during the game, he can detach from the command squad. He counts as an individual character unless he decides to rejoin, which he can at will.

And this one is for a pilot ace that I've been thinking of. He'll be able to pilot a valkyrie (hoping the forgeworld kit will fit onto a valk), or a vulture with twin mounted punisher gatling guns. Unsure of points atm.

Steel Rain
As red hot shells fall from the main guns, anything underneath can be in for a tough time. (inspiration was the scene from black hawk down when a soldier gets shells from a little bird helicopter's minigun caught in his armour and burns himself removing them) Any non vehicle unit, friend or foe with an armour save of 4+ or worse (as I thought power armour and termie armour is probably too tough to allow this) that is under the aircraft when it fires it's punisher gatling guns must take a toughness test. If it fails, the unit cannot shoot next turn. If it passes, it continues on as normal

Blaze Of Glory
The pilot is loyal to his regiment to the very end, and if he's going down, he'll take as many of the enemy to hell with him. if the aircraft is shot down, before crashing the pilot will career the craft into the enemy. If destroyed, move the craft D6+6 inches towards the nearest enemy unit. If destroyed, no matter what result on the damage table, the craft will always explode (to represent chunks of craft falling out the sky, not just the explosion.)

Thanks for reading all :) Thisis my first time doing this, and I hope these will make games more colourful and fun, while remaining balanced. If you have any ideas how to improve, post them up! I'll be trying to think of another set of stats and special rules for my company commander "Flying Devil" Harker.

·
Registered
381 Posts
i think steel rain is a little overpowered and why does your sniper have carapace armour surely being lightly armoured makes more sense for a sniper?

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I wondered about a different way to ru steel rain but I'm not terribly sure of any other tests they could take. Maybe a leadership test? Gonna be pretty balanced I think if its only 4+ 5+ 6+ units with low leadership that have a good chance of being affected. what do you guys think?

On the other point, I tried running 5+, but he dies way too easily for such a points cost. (although 2 wounds may be enough.) But the rest of my army will have carapace, I've got the unit modelled already and he is meant to be like, a heavy infantry sniper.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts